No announcement yet.

About Mages and Electro Skills & Resistance Thread 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, TC is so obtuse he cant even understand what he see.
    now let's put a bet how long until he get double red karma or banned .
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

lol4567890

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
        im not here to colect green points like u , and to Cupcake up others by giving them bad reputation , i even dont care about those things ....
        im here to try and resolve my problem ,

ban ??? why i should get ban?? coz im trying to resolve problems i have in game ??? u are totaly missleaded pal.
        Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 02-15-2015, 06:58 AM.
        Alchemist

S-287
        1M+BR Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
          im gonna give it 1 more day
          IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
          Class: Archer
          Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
          Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
          but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by girgle180 View Post
            im not here to colect green points like u , and to Cupcake up others by giving them bad reputation , i even dont care about those things ....
            im here to try and resolve my problem ,

ban ??? why i should get ban?? coz im trying to resolve problems i have in game ??? u are totaly missleaded pal.

No doctor in the world can help you with your problem, you're just plain stupid.
            Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 02-15-2015, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgaard View Post
              this post is extremely stupid...your attacks are not electro, they are Matk.....all attacks on any class are not electro, or fire, or light, etc...they are ALL either PATK or MATK. The elemental attacks are linked to the sylphs, not your original attacks. If you switch sylphs, you will make different damages depending on the nature of the sylph you have and whom you are facing.

Your post is completely wrong.
              This was your words on my previous Thread :
              Yes, Girgle, you are correct on this. I have myself mentioned a couple of names to players in my guild and asked to attack them in bg to see if they notice the same thing as me which is pretty much what you are saying.

There are a very few players, I have met only 3 so far, who during the first 5 or 6 turns, do not receive any damage. I'm a 560k BR archer and there is this mage, Dunn, who is at 410k BR and for the first 5 or 6 turns, I cannot deal any damage to him. After those 5 or 6 turns, then I hit him normally.

No it's not a guardian rune. I have paid attention and it's at least 5 turns.

I asked 3 players to attack this Dunn guy and they all noticed the same thing. Can't do damage for 5-6 turns then after that, it goes back to normal and we can hit him.

I have seen an archer like that as well, can't remember the name.

There is something fishy about this but we can't prove it.
              Alchemist

S-287
              1M+BR Mage

Comment

as have been posted several times in this thread and various others:

pre-sylph res is based off your opponent's highest res which is generally electro giving the illusion that your attacks are electro. After awakening, it goes back to common sense res.

Some people are really tanky those first 5 rounds because it goes off their highest res which may not match your element type and after awakening it switches to your element type making them take "normal" damage in sylph mode

Comment

a bit off topic - i wonder why you think everyone goes with electro as highest resistence? With dimensions i cant say who works on what dimension, and still not many have 2 sets of crystals - 1 for dimensions and 1 for usual pvp
                  THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
                    a bit off topic - i wonder why you think everyone goes with electro as highest resistence? With dimensions i cant say who works on what dimension, and still not many have 2 sets of crystals - 1 for dimensions and 1 for usual pvp
                    Most of players have Hercules and use it.

Comment

Some people are really tanky those first 5 rounds because it goes off their highest res which may not match your element type and after awakening it switches to your element type making them take "normal" damage in sylph mode[/QUOTE]

ok i understand what u want to say , but if i use Fire sylph and my oponents dont have any fire resistance how they can ressist on atacks??
                      and why my atacks damage lowers only when they rise electro ress?

Comment

Originally posted by sinke01 View Post
                        Most of players have Hercules and use it.
                        I have hercules and i use it, but like everyone else i do dimensions, so my resists corespond to the dimensions i am doing atm. So i either have to convert crystals every day, which i cba, or to have 2 sets of crystals, which i dont and "normal" players dont have (yet), or just do all the pvp/pve with the crystals i use for dimension, which i do. So can you tell me what my highest resist is even if you see me using hercules?
                        THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

This useless thread hasnt been deleted already ?
                          Player: sunshinε
                          Server: US West - S354 Crystal Well
                          Guild: LostSouls

Class: Knight
                          Level: 80
                          Battle Rating: 498k

Not antisocial, just anti-stupidity.

Comment

Girgle, you have my sympathy, because 98% of the people here don't have a clue what this topic is about. When someone says "my attack is MATK, not electro" thats a clue that the guy does not understand how combat works.

Combat damage is, simply said,
                            (ATK - DEF) / 2 * multipliers (including resist multiplier)

so whether an attack is MATK or PATK, and what resist is used against that is 2 completely different things.

Resist works differently in sylph and non sylph form, and it was messed up multiple times by the developers - without announcement, and players noticing anything.

Initially, in PVE situations (ie. when you fight monsters, not players) your highest resistance was used, regardless of the opponent's attack form. They corrected this somewhere at patch 3.1, but messed up resist when in non-sylph form.

And yes, I believe you that you did test this and proved that against mage skills, resist is used (although the question remains, if it is electro resist, or highest resist, and whether this works with archers/knights).
                            The reason for this can be prolly either a bug, or some misinterpreted role-playing aspect.

But, there are 2 important reasons why you should not bother at all with the whole issue:
                            1.) The developers never read this forum, and any changes, suggestions etc. given here will NEVER make it to the game. It doesn't matter what we speak here, on the forum. It wont change anything.
                            2.) Combat is decided in sylph phase. How much damage you deal in non-awakened form is irrelevant. 4k or 20k, doesn't matter, you have 3-500k HP and a restoration or heal rune will put you back to full hp anyway. So actually, this does not make makes significantly weaker. Quite the opposite. Since most knights and archers use Hercules, you can build electro resist to have an advantage vs them. And as you said, they have electro resist too, so you are free to rampage them with your Hades.
                            My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
                              Girgle, you have my sympathy, because 98% of the people here don't have a clue what this topic is about. When someone says "my attack is MATK, not electro" thats a clue that the guy does not understand how combat works.

so whether an attack is MATK or PATK, and what resist is used against that is 2 completely different things.

Resist works differently in sylph and non sylph form, and it was messed up multiple times by the developers - without announcement, and players noticing anything.

Initially, in PVE situations (ie. when you fight monsters, not players) your highest resistance was used, regardless of the opponent's attack form. They corrected this somewhere at patch 3.1, but messed up resist when in non-sylph form.

And yes, I believe you that you did test this and proved that against mage skills, resist is used (although the question remains, if it is electro resist, or highest resist, and whether this works with archers/knights).
                              The reason for this can be prolly either a bug, or some misinterpreted role-playing aspect.

But, there are 2 important reasons why you should not bother at all with the whole issue:
                              1.) The developers never read this forum, and any changes, suggestions etc. given here will NEVER make it to the game. It doesn't matter what we speak here, on the forum. It wont change anything.
                              2.) Combat is decided in sylph phase. How much damage you deal in non-awakened form is irrelevant. 4k or 20k, doesn't matter, you have 3-500k HP and a restoration or heal rune will put you back to full hp anyway. So actually, this does not make makes significantly weaker. Quite the opposite. Since most knights and archers use Hercules, you can build electro resist to have an advantage vs them. And as you said, they have electro resist too, so you are free to rampage them with your Hades.
                              Thank you for understanding

if u would be kind and watch this small video i made , u will se diference in my atacks against much weaker oponent.
                              its only 10 minutes length so.. please watch it to the end.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_te...ature=youtu.be
                              Alchemist

S-287
                              1M+BR Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post

holy ****, for someone with a blogspot you surely dont know anything about how the game works.
                                do you even read the entire thread that this was talking about a (certain stupid) MAGE, thus his attack is MATK, not PATK?
                                if you want an example, ask one your buddy to get 1200+ res on an element other than electro and see the result yourself.

one thing for sure, from your post we can decide that your blogspot is full off useless information or just stealing info from other blogspots.
                                Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Working...
                                X