Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
    No, thanks.

But seeing the atmosphere in this thread is slightly changing (again) to something less nice, I would like to remind folks to please play nice. We can have a healthy discussion and even disagree with one another on these forums, but we can do so without calling names, harassment, provoking and bullying.

Thank you.
    this could be avoided by simply explaining people about game mechanics. This game always been so mystic about rules and how things are calculated...

And frankly im already tired being called a hacker / cheater by people with higher BR than me because they are clueless about how the game works

I guess all they can calculate is their monthly credit card bills lol... anyway... hopeless forum is hopeless

Comment

• Originally posted by xCleavage View Post
      upon attacking..
      normal mode = UR reduce res vs enemy HIEST RES

if u deal low damage, blame ur dymension, do expert or advance dymension, then try again, see if that works..

sylph mode = UR reduce res vs enemy related element RES
      if u use hercules, then its ur enemy electro RES

many before me already explained this, how hard is it to understand?

*i claim all of my attack to be fire element bahahahaha, since it deals so little damage to those 1300+ fire resist guys LOL* (remember those water n fire expert dymension from spender event)
      Ok i see u are wiling to explain and help... i gues im noob so please explain me next :

i have fire sylph and 440 will , my enemy have only 50 fire resistance and 600 electro resistance while he use Hercules. when i hit him with my atacks i deal 12K critical hit with fire rain and 60K with thunderer , when he go to sylph mode my atacks are reduced by 50% , so my fire rain deal 6K and thunderer 33K.
      and as u explained i think it shouldnt reduce it because i use diferent element on what he is weak.

and when he convert his ress to fire or any other element and use any other sylph i deal same damage all the time , no reducing.

so my atacks are reduced only when he have high electro ress .

electro ress - 33K damage
      wind ress - 65K damage
      fire ress - 65K damage <----------------- find the diference ??? and this is while i use Cerberus and oponent max out his ress on each element
      dark ress - 65K damage
      light ress - 65K damage
      Alchemist

S-287
      1M+BR Mage

Comment

• Originally posted by Arlad View Post
        holy ****, for someone with a blogspot you surely dont know anything about how the game works.
        do you even read the entire thread that this was talking about a (certain stupid) MAGE, thus his attack is MATK, not PATK?
        if you want an example, ask one your buddy to get 1200+ res on an element other than electro and see the result yourself.

one thing for sure, from your post we can decide that your blogspot is full off useless information or just stealing info from other blogspots.
        Dude, the situation is, as long as you just insult someone without explaining what you disagree about, you make yourself look a complete fool. If you think I'm wrong about something, try to explain it like intelligent people do, and we will talk about it.
        My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

• Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
          Dude, the situation is, as long as you just insult someone without explaining what you disagree about, you make yourself look a complete fool. If you think I'm wrong about something, try to explain it like intelligent people do, and we will talk about it.
          IT HAS BEEN EXPLAINED MULTIPLE TIMES, either on this topic or TC other topic.
          either you are purposely ignorant, or you have a bad comprehension in reading forum posts.

and the hypocrisy is coming from you, since you said:

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
          Girgle, you have my sympathy, because 98% of the people here don't have a clue what this topic is about. When someone says "my attack is MATK, not electro" thats a clue that the guy does not understand how combat works.
          i believe i already pointed that out in another post.

edit: oh wait, i already did:
          Originally posted by Arlad View Post
          do you even read the entire thread that this was talking about a (certain stupid) MAGE, thus his attack is MATK, not PATK?
          if you want an example, ask one your buddy to get 1200+ res on an element other than electro and see the result yourself.
          Last edited by Arlad; 02-18-2015, 08:44 AM.
          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

• Originally posted by girgle180 View Post
            i deal 12K critical hit with fire rain and 60K with thunderer
            You left out that part of using mage skills and not cerberus skills. That's 2 different things.
            Reduce res only works when you are in sylph mode, resistance however works when taking damage (the opponent hits you).
            Can you tell the difference? When you are not in sylph mode, it's purely your matk vs their boosted mdef.
            Obviously the sylph mdef adds to your opponent in sylph mode, but also many things adds up quickly (sylph equips, astrals, medals,etc).
            There's no way to tell how much on a non-sylph vs sylph fight, its for sure your will crystal is meaningless for your attack
            and your attack is against the opponent resistance won't include your sylph PATK or element.
            [morfinnor]
            Temple of Ibalize

Comment

• Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
              You left out that part of using mage skills and not cerberus skills. That's 2 different things.
              Reduce res only works when you are in sylph mode, resistance however works when taking damage (the opponent hits you).
              Can you tell the difference? When you are not in sylph mode, it's purely your matk vs their boosted mdef.
              Obviously the sylph mdef adds to your opponent in sylph mode, but also many things adds up quickly (sylph equips, astrals, medals,etc).
              There's no way to tell how much on a non-sylph vs sylph fight, its for sure your will crystal is meaningless for your attack
              and your attack is against the opponent resistance won't include your sylph PATK or element.
              read last lines on first page on my first post.. it say everything.

just ppl didnt get use to read first to the end... and i repeated that several times to others who didnt read.. so almost on every page u have my comment where im saying that...
              Alchemist

S-287
              1M+BR Mage

Comment

and one important thing that i didnt mention at all.... 600 electro ress gives 50% damage reduce , 1200 electro ress gives 80% damage reduce , all beyond that is imposible to damage.

last time i hited player with 2000 electro ress have delaed only 2K critical thunderer.

my atack in that moment was 102 000 MATK . and his MDEF was 34K ... after that we got nerfed ress... and its litle earsier.. but still 80% reducing damage is much .
                Alchemist

S-287
                1M+BR Mage

Comment

and one important thing that i didnt mention at all.... 600 electro ress gives 50% damage reduce , 1200 electro ress gives 80% damage reduce , all beyond that is imposible to damage.

last time i hited player with 2000 electro ress have delaed only 2K critical thunderer.

my atack in that moment was 102 000 MATK . and his MDEF was 34K ... after that we got nerfed ress... and its litle earsier.. but still 80% reducing damage is much .
                  Lol, so not true. You only need 760 res for 90% reduce. 600 gives roughly 72-75%, do your math/facts checked.
                  And yes, I've read until the end. You keep insisting its your opponent resistance when I've told you the answer.
                  Your attack is meaningless in non-sylph, only your stats has meaning. Do a proper test again, sylph vs sylph or
                  non-sylph vs non-sylph. Your statement says mages have electro atk, that implies if your opponent use Hercules,
                  you should be hitting higher not lower. So what is it now, it's the other way around?
                  [morfinnor]
                  Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Lol, so not true. You only need 760 res for 90% reduce. 600 gives roughly 72-75%, do your math/facts checked.
                    And yes, I've read until the end. You keep insisting its your opponent resistance when I've told you the answer.
                    Your attack is meaningless in non-sylph, only your stats has meaning. Do a proper test again, sylph vs sylph or
                    non-sylph vs non-sylph. Your statement says mages have electro atk, that implies if your opponent use Hercules,
                    you should be hitting higher not lower. So what is it now, it's the other way around?
                    Check video on page 6
                    Alchemist

S-287
                    1M+BR Mage

Comment

Ok i see u are wiling to explain and help... i gues im noob so please explain me next :

i have fire sylph and 440 will , my enemy have only 50 fire resistance and 600 electro resistance while he use Hercules. when i hit him with my atacks i deal 12K critical hit with fire rain and 60K with thunderer , when he go to sylph mode my atacks are reduced by 50% , so my fire rain deal 6K and thunderer 33K.
                      and as u explained i think it shouldnt reduce it because i use diferent element on what he is weak.

and when he convert his ress to fire or any other element and use any other sylph i deal same damage all the time , no reducing.

wind ress - 65K damage
                      fire ress - 65K damage <----------------- find the diference ??? and this is while i use Cerberus and oponent max out his ress on each element
                      dark ress - 65K damage
                      light ress - 65K damage
                      OK, here's a major problem with your test: when your opponent goes into sylph mode, his defense increases by the sylph's stats. So you can't compare the damage you do to the hero and the awakened sylph assuming they're the same. If hercules is their primary sylph, and the others are weak secondaries, that's the results I'd expect. You have to test ONLY in hero vs. hero if you want to try and claim that your attacks are elemental. Very few players have equally strong sylphs in multiple elements when one of those is electro.
                      And a character's resistances should be exactly the same in sylph and hero modes, so even if you do see different damage that's not explained by the increased defense, it's nothing to do with resistance.

Here is how you can test it to confirm or disprove your hypothesis:
                      1. Get an opponent who is able to convert their res to have the same (or very close) amount in 2 different elements, with one being electro. Their res must be higher than your reduce res, but you can take off your will crystals if that's a problem.
                      2. Put on a will destroyer of some sort to help eliminate crit variability (optional, but very helpful)
                      3. Remove troops from both players, and duel. No one should enter sylph mode until you're done recording data.
                      4. Track the damage you inflict with your basic lightning bolt
                      5. Have the other player convert their res to the other element (switching sylphs if necessary)
                      6. Repeat steps 3-4.

You can use the same method to test sylph attacks, but I don't think you have any questions about how that resistance works.

From what I saw in your videos, you didn't demonstrate anything that doesn't match what has already been said. So start over, without assuming there is anything special about electro resistance and mage attacks. If you try the method I outlined and get different results from each run, then I'll test it myself with a mage and see what happens. I've already tested archer & knight, I just didn't have a strong enough mage on hand.

Comment

wind ress - 65K damage
                        dark ress - 65K damage
                        light ress - 65K damage
                        laba-laba and Mr Pants just done the explaining..
                        tbh ur reduce RES really suck.. with dymension and ur BR u should be hitting around 600+ or even better

Comment

• Originally posted by sinke01 View Post
                          dude whats wrong with your brain??
                          why u atack and insult everyone who thinks diferent than u ???

people have right to comment their own thinkings and opinions ..
                          u are acting like u know every freaking thing in this game , this thread is about mages , and if u are not one of them *** are u even doing here?? nobody needs your opinion as a diferent class.

u are so negative person.
                          im wondering why mods dont kick you out from forums.
                          lol +1.....
                          Archer hoarder

Comment

• I dont know if it is specific to mATK skill or all non sylph skills but there is MOST ASSUREDLY a correlation between high elemental resistance and regular attacks...For instance, Andymau (not a criticism of him he is a fine player and very nice person) had dimensions that gave him ridiculously high electro resistance. In regular mode my ROF dealt him 5k damage....hardly anything at all considering we are both approx 700K BR players. However a few days ago his dimension expired. He was lamenting that and when I met him I could understand why he was sad. My ROF was now dealing 60K damage. Same players couple days apart with same skill usage, same runes, same sylphs. There is positively a correlation with high res and REGULAR skills...not just sylph skills. As I am not pATK I can not say whether it is specifically mATK skills that are affected by high electro res or all. so the assertion that the res only affect sylph skill is very much false.
                            ♥♥Hugs and Hearts♥♥
                            SquishyFoxy
                            S1 resident Gently fragile mage
                            (a tad on the delicate side)

Comment

• holy ****, people still doesnt get it? i thought everyone with half a brain already knows how res works in battle.

its already posted in this thread multiple times, ffs.

Originally posted by Malice2 View Post
                              All char skills are non elemental.

Non elemental attacks are effected by the defenders highest res sat.

Re test using a different res type or get a guild mate of a different class to try, you will get the same outcome.
                              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
                                Girgle, you have my sympathy, because 98% of the people here don't have a clue what this topic is about. When someone says "my attack is MATK, not electro" thats a clue that the guy does not understand how combat works.
                                i was really laughing hard when i read people say those words. elemental attacks are not categorized on same aspect as matk. Matk or patk, determines whether it is affected by pdef or mdef. the elements are on different aspect.
                                Level 49 Archer
                                BR 150k

Comment

Working...
                                X