About Mages and Electro Skills & Resistance Thread 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girgle, This is simply untrue....
    I am a 635K Mage and can take people close to my BR is bg [+/-]. As Arlad pointed out earlier, MATK/PATK vs MDEF/PDEF is what counts before awakening.

1- Yes, Resistance is a key player once sylph battle begins.
    2- Class has an advantage as well... We have an advantage over knights and a dis-adv. to Archers

Savana
    S49 Kabam
    635K BR

Comment

• Originally posted by Savana77 View Post
      Girgle, This is simply untrue....
      I am a 635K Mage and can take people close to my BR is bg [+/-]. As Arlad pointed out earlier, MATK/PATK vs MDEF/PDEF is what counts before awakening.

1- Yes, Resistance is a key player once sylph battle begins.
      2- Class has an advantage as well... We have an advantage over knights and a dis-adv. to Archers

Savana
      S49 Kabam
      635K BR
      then how do you account for the EMPIRICAL observation that our NONSYLPH skills damage is DRASTICALLY reduced when facing a player with extremely high Electro resistance. I have not seen this with other sylphs equipped but I suspect this might be due to this being preferred sylph for so many so that is the res they build in dimension. However...in actual battle....not whatever is SUPPOSED to happen theoretically....but in ACTUAL combat we actually ARE seeing an effect and that this effect is apparently associated with in my particular case...electro res. I am mage...so I dont know how others were affected in other class. I do not know if the res would hold with a different sylph equipped but I suspect the sylph and high res must match class...but that is just based on patterns I see in what sylph people are using. Ie,,,I note some that had extreme high electro res and carrying Herc during that time...now that dimension expired are using different sylph...but could be completely coincidental so dont want to put too much emphasis on that....it may not be the way it is SUPPOSED to work but that is actually the way it is working. I came to this thread independently cuz I was noticing the same pattern. I just read and didnt reply as there was so much nastiness laced in replies I didnt want to get involved. But when I saw this pattern clearly show that a person who had their extreme res reduced due to dimension expiration...now it could be either due to the res reduction stat changing or the element res changing....however in either case ...there was an immediate, a DRASTIC and a reproducible difference in my nonsylph skill damage. My ROF was giving 60K damage instead of 6K...this is not insignificant and ROF is a mage skill....my opponent had no reduced mdef/pdef, had same skills on hotbar, same runes and same sylph. The only difference....IN HIS WORDS!!....was he lost his dimension. Perhaps that is not the way it is suposed to work but it is indeed how it DOES work....

on side note...knight intercept in skill description says it deals to single FRONT ROW enemy....but if you do arena at ALL with knight you will know that this is wrong...they deal to random enemy anywhere...so just because something is SUPPOSED to work a certain way it doesn't mean it actually does work that way. The best source of this is empirical observation and then you bring your observations here and discuss the possible reasons for this and ways to test it. We dont just dismiss it and say it isnt so cuz it isnt supposed to work some way according to a formula.. It works as it works....plain and simple... So lets discuss this and not just push it aside or worse insult others cuz you havent observed this. I have. I have played this game nearly 3 years and generally been one of the strongest players on my server and not a bad player by reputation so please do not disrespect me or put me down as you have others who bring up this observation. I am neither stupid nor clueless so lets not go there either. Thank you for your time and consideration..I welcome your feedback but not your insults )
      ♥♥Hugs and Hearts♥♥
      SquishyFoxy
      S1 resident Gently fragile mage
      (a tad on the delicate side)

Comment

• TL;DR mages crying that they are underpowered in PvP and the rest of us are either or or

Comment

• NO my dear, we are discussing a phenomena observed in actual combat. As I stated in my post, I am mage and as such can only observe from my class perspective. It may be happening to other classes in this situation. this post is to discuss what is going on and give each other feedback and suggestions on why the sylph res system is not functioning as is it supposed to ...or to clarify why this is occurring. This is about trying to get to the bottom of an issue we have observed. I am amazed at how defensive others are about this issue. Could it be that it is a glitch that you do not want corrected for some personal advantage? Why are you so resistant to the EMPIRICAL observations we are making? Why is that threatening you so much that you try to squash the topic?
          Last edited by SquishyFoxy; 03-24-2015, 11:08 AM.
          ♥♥Hugs and Hearts♥♥
          SquishyFoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by SquishyFoxy View Post
            on side note...knight intercept in skill description says it deals to single FRONT ROW enemy....but if you do arena at ALL with knight you will know that this is wrong...they deal to random enemy anywhere...so just because something is SUPPOSED to work a certain way it doesn't mean it actually does work that way.
            if you play the version from 1 year ago this would be right, but its changed, so is the description, which makes me doubt all the rest you say
            THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

NO my dear, we are discussing a phenomena observed in actual combat. As I stated in my post, I am mage and as such can only observe from my class perspective. It may be happening to other classes in this situation. this post is to discuss what is going on and give each other feedback and suggestions on why the sylph res system is not functioning as is it supposed to ...or to clarify why this is occurring. This is about trying to get to the bottom of an issue we have observed. I am amazed at how defensive others are about this issue. Could it be that it is a glitch that you do not want corrected for some personal advantage? Why are you so resistant to the EMPIRICAL observations we are making? Why is that threatening you so much that you try to squash the topic?
              Necroing month old dead threads in search of some sort of "empirical" evidence that doesn't exist might also be considered a phenomena. And even if it did, the last thing mages need is more damage in pvp LOL! So drop it and let this ridiculous thread die already.

Comment

• I actually think mage is the category who benefited the most from all the recent changes made to the game. A good mage who knows when to heal and can equip guardian rune and a good amnesia for example is extremely hard to beat now. They heal like crazy, the guardian rune helps them survive the sylphs delphics, etc....of all classes, I found that mages are the ones who really gained from the recent changes. With that said, there is always place to complain about something, on all classes....

Comment

• if you go to skill calculator it clearly says this. This is the skill calculator ss taken today. It may have not been updated so if I am not a knight how would I know the skill was changed? I did investigate this after the patch in which this was happening. The knight I ran with said her skill description still said "front row" and in addition I created a knight to investigate this and my knight skill description said same..front row.. so later for YOUR class alone it changed the description but did not update it in their skill description. That does not illegitimate what the topic is or the evidence. If you have no experience of this happening then you don't ...good enough...but others do...and your dismissal of something because YOUR description is purely a nasty and diverting technique. Click image for larger version

Name:	knight skill.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	1710075

Originally posted by Asgaard View Post
                  I actually think mage is the category who benefited the most from all the recent changes made to the game. A good mage who knows when to heal and can equip guardian rune and a good amnesia for example is extremely hard to beat now. They heal like crazy, the guardian rune helps them survive the sylphs delphics, etc....of all classes, I found that mages are the ones who really gained from the recent changes. With that said, there is always place to complain about something, on all classes....
                  Grrr this is sooo frustrating....this is a glitch in that game...AS I SAID...I am mage and am only able to observe from that perspective. this is not just happening to ME...and I am not sure it is Mage specific...However it would be helpful if other classes that faced players with extremely high electro res to see if their nonsylph skills are affected too. It could be purely a res glitch...but if others dont experience this...is is because they dont face high elec res opponents or it doesnt happen to other classes. that would be good to know...so helpful posts would be from others who faced high res opponents..what is your experience it...an YES empirical data DOES exist..sorry OhBummer you are incorrect. this is not a ridiculous thread but clearly it threatens you for it to be investigated
                  Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 03-24-2015, 02:54 PM. Reason: psot merge
                  ♥♥Hugs and Hearts♥♥
                  SquishyFoxy

Comment

• Damn, you necro'd this stupid thread? Thought it had finally died and the OP hid in shame.

You, a mage, are seeing lower damage when fighting people with high electro res. This is true. However, you are making an error in determining causation. You believe that the reduction in damage is because you are a mage and the opponent has electro res. This is wrong. The reduction in damage is due to the high res, irrespective of element or class.

Res is bugged preslyph. No matter what res is being used, the highest value is used to determine DR. Wind res of 1500 would have the same DR as electro res of 1500, no matter what the opposing slyph element is.

You associate it with electro res because that is the most common res you see stacked high enough to be anomalous.

You associate it as a "mage nerf" because you are a mage and thus cannot notice it with other classes unless you talk to others (which should have been evident from this thread). As an archer, I have experienced this as well from both sides: doing little damage to someone with absurdly high res (electro usually, dark once or twice), and taking little damage when I had high res (light).

Hopefully this thread stays dead this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by OhBummer View Post
                      Necroing month old dead threads in search of some sort of "empirical" evidence that doesn't exist might also be considered a phenomena. And even if it did, the last thing mages need is more damage in pvp LOL! So drop it and let this ridiculous thread die already.
                      sometimes it takes a month or more for an observation to pan out. In my case I was consistently facing a person who had nearly complete resistance to my mage skills. It took time for that advanced dimension to expire so any difference in my attack on him would not be ascertained until that said dimension had expired. it was him that announced that his dimension expired and the result was immediate and dramatic. so now with my empirical observation I return to the thread because I was no longer speculating but relaying an experienced phenomena. So it was at this point I felt it appropriate to add to this topic. so please do not negate or disrespect me. To suggest my comments contain no validity is not appropriate nor helpful and as a fellow human being on this planet...I deserve your respect and in return I give you mine. But lets just stick to topic and not just use this as an opportunity to insult mages or me personally. thank you

Wrong...if you read my post..I say as mage I can only observe as mage...I was asking if it was other classes as well. I also pointed out ....."then how do you account for the EMPIRICAL observation that our NONSYLPH skills damage is DRASTICALLY reduced when facing a player with extremely high Electro resistance. I have not seen this with other sylphs equipped but I suspect this might be due to this being preferred sylph for so many so that is the res they build in dimension."
                      so I already pointed out I did not know if it was all high res or just electro...just that MY experience was with electro....this is not a thread of I know it all...it is a thread about this is happening...now you reply it"Res is bugged preslyph. No matter what res is being used, the highest value is used to determine DR. Wind res of 1500 would have the same DR as electro res of 1500, no matter what the opposing slyph element is."

So you are agreeing...the res is glitched...and your solution? kill the thread and go away? it is a glitch and needs to be fixed...not just for mage...but for all...you dont kill a topic cuz you know it is glitched. You close a topic because there was a glitch and it was resolved. and how you would determine from ANY post I made that I was complaining about a mage specific nerf is beyond me....again and again I gave the caveat that I was mage but didnt know if it was mage specific or happen to others...how do you interpret that as me complaining about "mage nerf?"

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                      Damn, you necro'd this stupid thread? Thought it had finally died and the OP hid in shame.

You, a mage, are seeing lower damage when fighting people with high electro res. This is true. However, you are making an error in determining causation. You believe that the reduction in damage is because you are a mage and the opponent has electro res. This is wrong. The reduction in damage is due to the high res, irrespective of element or class.

Res is bugged preslyph. No matter what res is being used, the highest value is used to determine DR. Wind res of 1500 would have the same DR as electro res of 1500, no matter what the opposing slyph element is.

You associate it with electro res because that is the most common res you see stacked high enough to be anomalous.

You associate it as a "mage nerf" because you are a mage and thus cannot notice it with other classes unless you talk to others (which should have been evident from this thread). As an archer, I have experienced this as well from both sides: doing little damage to someone with absurdly high res (electro usually, dark once or twice), and taking little damage when I had high res (light).

Hopefully this thread stays dead this time.
                      maybe the appropriate time to kill a thread is when the issue is RESOLVED..not when you are tired of talking about it... you dont want to discuss it? Fine then stay out of discussion....on a side note I do very much appreciate the informational portion of your post. I found that personally very valuable and enlightening...especially why would you want a thread to die that wasnt resolved? why is that so annoying and frustrating to you? Glitches are not aspects of games to accept..they are aspects to investigate and correct
                      Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 03-24-2015, 02:55 PM. Reason: post merge
                      ♥♥Hugs and Hearts♥♥
                      SquishyFoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by SquishyFoxy
                        maybe the appropriate time to kill a thread is when the issue is RESOLVED..not when you are tired of talking about it... you dont want to discuss it? Fine then stay out of discussion....on a side note I do very much appreciate the informational portion of your post. I found that personally very valuable and enlightening...especially why would you want a thread to die that wasnt resolved? why is that so annoying and frustrating to you? Glitches are not aspects of games to accept..they are aspects to investigate and correct
                        What exactly do you want resolved? You want more damage in pvp as a mage? You want the game to die faster than it is right now?? You want only mages pvping in this game??? A class that can heal nearly 1,000,000 damage every 60 seconds should not be complaining about anything in PvP, NOTHING. Go pvp with an archer for a couple months, then complain, ok? And as far as respect is concerned, you'll get mine when you've earned it.
                        Last edited by OhBummer; 03-24-2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• how dare you imply that I have not "earned" your respect. Who the hell do you think you are that you have the right to judge and put down others because you don't like it? Get your panties out of a wad...if you dont want to further the topic and you want it to go away..then just dont come here. but how DARE you suggest I am not worthy of your respect?

to be specific the resolution is to limit the res effect to Slyph specific interactions as so many of you insist is how it is SUPPOSED to work...is that so hard and unreasonable to ask?
                          Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 03-24-2015, 02:55 PM. Reason: post merge
                          ♥♥Hugs and Hearts♥♥
                          SquishyFoxy

Comment

how dare you imply that I have not "earned" your respect. Who the hell do you think you are that you have the right to judge and put down others because you don't like it? Get your panties out of a wad...if you dont want to further the topic and you want it to go away..then just dont come here. but how DARE you suggest I am not worthy of your respect?
                            Wow this says it all right here. I don't even need to respond except to quote. But I've got news for you, all respect is earned, not just mine but everyone's. Unlike everything else in this game, it can't be bought. And where exactly did I judge you or put you down????

You come off as an arrogant, self-centered, whiny BI*cupcakes*H with all of your "how dare you"s. I'll tell you that right now, not only do you not have my respect but in hindsight of your arrogant post, I think you've shown everyone on these forums exactly the sort of person you are.
                            Last edited by OhBummer; 03-24-2015, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• jesus... ur still here... go away from my threads.
                              Alchemist

S-287
                              1M+BR Mage

Comment

• Originally posted by OhBummer View Post
                                Wow this says it all right here. I don't even need to respond except to quote. All respect is earned, not just mine but everyone's. Unlike everything else in this game, it can't be bought. You come off as a arrogant, self-centered, whiny BI*cupcakes*H with all of your "how dare you"s. I'll tell you that right now, not only do you not have my respect but in hindsight of you're arrogant post, I think you've shown everyone on these forums exactly the sort of person you are.
                                Umm no I have provided cogent concise observations and asked for a discussion..you respond with a tirade about mages and your resentment of the class. I did not character assinate..you did. THAT is arrogant and innappropriate. you actually the one that has shown an inability to remain on topic and inability to interact productively with your peers.
                                ♥♥Hugs and Hearts♥♥
                                SquishyFoxy

Comment

Working...
                                X