The BGs need fixing, they've died.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BGs need fixing, they've died.

70-74 BG has been dieing a slow death, with a grand total of 4 players in it at one point today.

They are broken because the design intent behind them was short sighted from the begining. New players aren't coming in to BG because they don't stand a change against the old hands. The old hands aren't going anywhere because they need the honor and aren't ready to make the jump to 80s BG. Now with the insane idea to start selling honor, the BGs are empty. This can be fixed with simple adjustments. Step 1) Sort, BG entries not by level but by BR. Have the game poll players average BR so people don't strip gear and sylphs to get into an easier BG. 2) Adjust honor awards so that it doesn't encourage high BR players to repeatedly farm low BR players, causing the lowbies to never get kills and quit. 3) Get rid of the spawn spot fence. No one gets to camp anymore. Give a spawning player a ten second buff that prevents them from being attacked. I've been kicked out of several BGs recently because the whole other team is camped in their spawn.

Level segmenting worked when BR was under control and the BR spread in a 5 level group was reasonable. Now that 70-74 BR ranges from 80K to 400K it's simply not a viable way to segment BG groups and keep the population tenable.

Matching by BR would be insane.

Comment

I understand what you are saying. Some people got stuck early on.. they took the quest and got stuck in the Sacred Fire Temple battleground.. for which there is no return or escape from. Once people started figuring this out people stopped taking the quest/completing it so they could avoid being sent to the gallows as it were because that place is fierce.

Right now we have no idea or information if there will ever be a redraw again on the old state of the battlegrounds, but I hope there will be to liven things up a little. I don't know though if a match by battle rating would ever work simply because with people as they are now.. you could go ten minutes or so without killing one another which would also defeat the purpose of a battle ground to make honour
      Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

matching by br wouldnt work there are players below lvl 50 with 200k br matching that against someone with a sylph would be bad

Comment

Originally posted by bcdaedalus View Post
          matching by br wouldnt work there are players below lvl 50 with 200k br matching that against someone with a sylph would be bad
          Pic of a player with that br? :O
          Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

matching battleground with br is like punishing someone for being too strong at his level.
            meanwhile matching battleground with level is like punishing someone for being too weak at his level.

now lets think a bit which one is morally right.
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_Magik View Post
              ... you could go ten minutes or so without killing one another which would also defeat the purpose of a battle ground to make honour
              You'd get kicked out after five... which is what's happening now anyways.

Comment

correct me if i'm wrong, but dont you get kicked outta bg if your points dont change for 5 mins? if so couldnt you cart and not get kicked outta bg?

Comment

Originally posted by DeathTh3Kid View Post
                  Pic of a player with that br? :O
                  i know plyer at 39 with 109K BR and 138K BR at lvl 39 if its BR base they will be in 50 BG
                  "Rise and rise again until lambs become lions"
                  Name: Sorcerer
                  guild :ARROGANCE
                  Hometown: Pakistan
                  normal people scare me

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                    matching battleground with br is like punishing someone for being too strong at his level.
                    meanwhile matching battleground with level is like punishing someone for being too weak at his level.
                    Only problem is, as BRs start to reach the stratosphere, the definition of "weak" (and the amount of time one would need to camp to not be weak) is starting to get ridiculous. I can't imagine it being good long term if more people look at the brs in there and think "screw this" and never try, which is what I see/hear a lot on my servers. I look at it now and I feel lucky to have come up when there was still a decent, challenging middle ground, and the BRs were still sane.

Having said that, I don't know if sorting by BR would help matters, and I really don't know what he was smoking, suggesting getting rid of the spawn barrier as a means of increasing participation, LOL! Half the reason they hide in spawn, is if they time it right, they can afk til the end for the reward, which is the only thing theyre gonna get out of it anyway since the only thing coming out will accomplish is shedding those pesky honor points. I'm trying to imagine what the population of a BG/SFT would look like when the system stacks one team with 3 600k+s and the other side has 350k tops (I've seen this happen a lot), and they could run over and give new meaning to "spawn camping".
                    Originally posted by SilenceMortal View Post
                    correct me if i'm wrong, but dont you get kicked outta bg if your points dont change for 5 mins? if so couldnt you cart and not get kicked outta bg?
                    That works in BG, but in SFT, you actually need to attack someone, which is hard when everyone hides in spawn. OP, if that happens to you, just leave, eat the AWOL, and jump into another one. worst case, you end up in a dead room the last 6-10 minutes and get the end reward.
                    Last edited by xrycek; 02-15-2015, 02:18 AM.
                    Crushing mice is good for the soul...

Comment

Originally posted by xrycek View Post
                      Only problem is, as BRs start to reach the stratosphere, the definition of "weak" (and the amount of time one would need to camp to not be weak) is starting to get ridiculous. I can't imagine it being good long term if more people look at the brs in there and think "screw this" and never try, which is what I see/hear a lot on my servers. I look at it now and I feel lucky to have come up when there was still a decent, challenging middle ground, and the BRs were still sane.
                      camping is never a solution. the more time you spent on lower lever, the higher gap you will have towards the lvl 80 players.
                      especially with most of the new feature are not for lower levels. by isolating yourself to those features, you will have a hard time to catch up.
                      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

There's still a X-74 bg? >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post

now lets think a bit which one is morally right.
                          Totally agree. If some players decided to cash, it s to have some higher BR, and so some easy fights. If they would be match only with strong players, a lot of guys will not see the point of cashing -> less money for game publishers -> servers will close.
                          I m low cashers, paying only for VIP, I tried to have a decent char, I m beaten on lvl 80 sacred fire by bigger cashers, but I m able to kill some guys sometimes with dryads, sometimes without. I accept it, and when at some moments, I don't want to be overkilled, I don't do BG for few days.

The problem of 70ers staying in old type BG and not going to sacred fire is something different. While I m not sure it s really interesting: u say they are only 4 ppl in a BG -> it s hard to get their kills -> useless imo to camp in old BG. Maybe 1 day, the developpers will simply close old Bg for lvl 70+, and players will have no more choice than doing sacred fire (carting at high lvl is not realy interesting anyway: collecting 60 shards to gain a lvl 2 gem. waw that s awsome).

Comment

Lol, why are you talking moral in a game? It's so out of place, what about those small creatures you've slaughtered on your runs.

1) Defeated is by definition weaker. If you hardly join BG, how would you know you're improving?
                            Everyone's BR is always increasing, including yours. It's not how big your BR is, it's how much you've improved.
                            To improve better than rest, you either cash or make others quit. Of course when you get enough people
                            to quit, eventually you'll meet level 30-45 that you can beat. Is that what you call improving?

2) Your expectation exceeds what you can actually do so you want to punish everyone else.
                            Really even a 200k can get daily 2 kills in sacred fire, if it's honor you need then you're looking in the wrong places.
                            What's the worst thing can happen, you lose 2000 honor a day? That's small change compared 1M honor.
                            Expect BG to stay this way until the top 100 in x-server get that max.
                            [morfinnor]
                            Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
                              Lol, why are you talking moral in a game?
                              why not? moral is what makes us human. besides, i was going to use the word "common sense" but that thing is not so common anymore.

1) Defeated is by definition weaker. If you hardly join BG, how would you know you're improving?
                              Everyone's BR is always increasing, including yours. It's not how big your BR is, it's how much you've improved.
                              To improve better than rest, you either cash or make others quit. Of course when you get enough people
                              to quit, eventually you'll meet level 30-45 that you can beat. Is that what you call improving?

2) Your expectation exceeds what you can actually do so you want to punish everyone else.
                              Really even a 200k can get daily 2 kills in sacred fire, if it's honor you need then you're looking in the wrong places.
                              What's the worst thing can happen, you lose 2000 honor a day? That's small change compared 1M honor.
                              Expect BG to stay this way until the top 100 in x-server get that max.
                              i dont understand, are you denying or supporting my statement?

Comment

Working...
                              X