X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IceKitten
    started a topic Make World Boss about skill not money

Make World Boss about skill not money

First off i would like to say i have nothing against players putting money into the game as it keeps it free for the players that can't, and i have used balens myself and prob will again.

My thought is that one or more World Bosses be made so that it is bassed on skills and not how much money someone can use, this way the non balen players can have a chance to make the top 10 (maybe)

• GrailQuest
    replied
    Originally posted by McXanatos View Post
    have the option to revive with balens removed so that killing the World Boss is about player skill and not about how much balen you using reviving to beat other peoples damage.
    Suppose someone who is already a Balens user now sees the WB event with the Balens removed, and they still want to be a highest-grossing daru/money maker. Couldn't they just spend balens in other ways to buff their character and still end up dominating the top-10 board? It's all about who wants it badly enough to spend enough money.

There's a lot of talk about Balens-users versus non-Balens users. Maybe it's time for separate rankings. But even then, the issue with Balens is that it is a wildcard. The more you are willing to spend, the more your development curve is distorted. I'm not sure putting the two types of players together is meaningful.
    For example, would you be upset if someone bought their way to a powerful character and leapfrogged to a high rank in the Arena? We're not even talking top-100 list here, just that they shortcut their development. Isn't that what Balens is about? Shortcutting. If you don't want to do boring grinding things and want to skip to what you consider to be a more exciting game, you can pay money for it.

There's also the other issue of how Balens users would feel about it. You are taking away benefits when (I would estimate) R2 is trying to entice them with enough status to make being a paying customer a significantly "rewarding" (poor choice of words, I'm sure) experience. Heck, just look at their title -- VIP.
    How do you feel about, for example, people paying more money for front row seats? Cheated? I'm not trying to be insulting. I'm trying to reframe this and look at it in a different way.
    Last edited by GrailQuest; 11-02-2012, 11:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• McXanatos
    replied
    Originally posted by GrailQuest View Post
    I think this needs a lot more elaboration. What is it you are thinking of? What would the World Boss events look like?
    Also, you put emphasis on being in the Top 10 -- what is the reason for this? Maybe because I'm still an under-level-30 bottom feeder, I'm just glad when my network connection doesn't die and I can scrape some gold and daru off.
    I don't think it needs any more elaboration to those of us who understand. The World Boss is an event where you try and do the most damage to the boss, and you get ranked based on that damage. The higher your rank, the better your prize at the end of the World Boss. One of the key features of the WB is that if you die, you have to wait 30 seconds to revive. However, for 10 balens, a player can choose to instantly revive themselves. Meaning, they don't have to wait 30 seconds to start attacking again and can gain a massive advantage in damage dealt to the boss. He would like to see at least one of the World Bosses, if not all of them, have the option to revive with balens removed so that killing the World Boss is about player skill and not about how much balen you using reviving to beat other peoples damage.

Leave a comment:

• GrailQuest
    replied
    I think this needs a lot more elaboration. What is it you are thinking of? What would the World Boss events look like?
    Also, you put emphasis on being in the Top 10 -- what is the reason for this? Maybe because I'm still an under-level-30 bottom feeder, I'm just glad when my network connection doesn't die and I can scrape some gold and daru off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X