Noob question: Aegis Astra?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob question: Aegis Astra?

Ok, I should know that by now as I've been playing this game for almost two years now but yet, I'm still unsure about this Aegis astra. I know no one is using it.....like NO ONE!!!!

I'm still wondering though is anyone has had it at level 9 or 10 and tried it and if it really didn't make a difference. Level 9 or 10 in theory should offer a good damage reduction. Anyone tried it for a long period of time?

Thanks.

Nobody uses it for a reason, cause its awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgaard View Post
      Ok, I should know that by now as I've been playing this game for almost two years now but yet, I'm still unsure about this Aegis astra. I know no one is using it.....like NO ONE!!!!

I'm still wondering though is anyone has had it at level 9 or 10 and tried it and if it really didn't make a difference. Level 9 or 10 in theory should offer a good damage reduction. Anyone tried it for a long period of time?

Thanks.
      Its good only for beginers when their damage is posible to reduce in decimals...
      later everyone goes with percentage %
      Alchemist

S-287
      1M+BR Mage

Comment

At the beginning of the game, players have a lot less hit points so an astral like the Aegis will help a lot more then something that gives a percentage. However as people grow in power and in hit points, something with a percentage will do a lot more help then something that's a base out like the Aegis, that's what I have observed anyways. I hope this has helped at least in some way and I wish you luck in whatever astral you decide to use
        Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

The real reason no one uses it is that you can't equip it along side the goddess blessing, and beyond a pretty low character level, that % reduction is a lot more than the straight damage reduction.

You only need to take a little over 1300 damage per hit for the RGB to be better, so you can judge for yourself when to make the change over. In PVE it's very early, in PVP, maybe a bit longer. With sky-high element resistance, you could theoretically get more benefit from aegis in some situations, but most of the time the RGB is vastly superior.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
            The real reason no one uses it is that you can't equip it along side the goddess blessing, and beyond a pretty low character level, that % reduction is a lot more than the straight damage reduction.

You only need to take a little over 1300 damage per hit for the RGB to be better, so you can judge for yourself when to make the change over. In PVE it's very early, in PVP, maybe a bit longer. With sky-high element resistance, you could theoretically get more benefit from aegis in some situations, but most of the time the RGB is vastly superior.
            I fail to understand what kind of theoretical stuff you're reffering to lol, there's absolutely no good scenario in my mind where Aegis is of better use than any other astral.

Aegis was "good", 15 thousand years ago (understand by that 2 years-ish ago), when being 10k br at lvl 50-60 was pretty average/common lol

A lvl 10 Aegis Major reduces damage by 400.. So, theoretically, you could be using 300M gold to get a flat 400 damage reduce :P (you could even theoretically go up to 440 if you add another 1B gold for the astral refining stuff !)

They should totally change/rework that astral, it kinda sucks so badly..

Comment

Works great in low lvl MP/solos, if you're running those for whatever reason. Instead of taking 20-50 dmg from the monsters, you'll take 1...obviously, not an important use.

Comment

question answered....thanks all

Comment

Working...
                X