Leveling Up and New Gear Sets a Punishment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leveling Up and New Gear Sets a Punishment

So at the start i thought oh i'll throw a little money into the game and open a couple sockets for my new lvl 35 pvp set, keeps me a little competitive for a little while.

Now its almost time to wear my lvl 45 set that ive just +15'ed, but then i start thinking holy **** im going to have to spend out another £18 or so just to socket this new set to keep me competitive.

Not only that but now im think just how dam greedy this games company is. Every new gear set i obtain while lvling up, i am going to have to do that same thing just to keep using what i have been in previous sets!

This is a ridiculous amount of money to expect players to spend every 2 - 3 weeks when they get there next gear set.

Sockets should be permanent items that you can put in and out of different items, not a ridiculous 1 time use for the price of them.

I really do hate when reality of the cash shops kick in, in F2P game after the start off is so much fun.

+ u gota socket those new rings

Comment

Originally posted by Siins View Post
      Not only that but now im think just how dam greedy this games company is. Every new gear set i obtain while lvling up, i am going to have to do that same thing just to keep using what i have been in previous sets!
      I think I hear what you're saying -- You are levelling faster than your gear. The faster you level, the faster your gear becomes obsolete.
      I've seen it all over the place: Everyone walks around with max-enchantment-level gear, but a half day later you're a higher level and getting better drops.
      My mage is level 30 and I still haven't finished my L20 Glorinden set. Only now, the Lorekeeper set is available for synthesis. Did I just waste all my crafting items on the Glorinden Hat and Staff?

I created my current mage character to test some ideas, and one of them was to NOT enchant gear except to minimal levels (maybe +1 or +2 max). The rest I put into Guild Skills and some Astrals, both of which are money sinks but long-term investments that stay with you.

Socketing Rods are a huge money sink and an extension of enchanting gear by +1...+12 or whatever. You've just blown all that money on a piece of soon-to-be-obsolete gear.

I think an idea for Socketing Rods is to recycle them out of an item. Or use Refinement Gems to make our own socketing rods.

On a related note, Daru is also a huge time/money sink that works the same way. I'm experimenting with skipping Griffons and jumping from Paladins to Knights. Hoping it works...
      If only they maybe doubled the troop levelling cost but let your investment cover all troop types. That way people would have a much more interesting time trying out all the troops instead of picking the forum-opinion-favourites.

Comment

Indeed, this game does seem to take quite a bit of money in order to really make one's character(s) strong.

I agree that something needs to be done about Socketing Rods. Right now I could use my four free Socketing Rods on my level 35 gear; however, now that we know a level 55 set is coming out, wouldn't it be better to wait and use them for that? That might take me quite a while; and in the meantime, while I wait to get up to that gear set, I have no way to socket any equipment and maximize my potential as a PVP'er. I am a non-paying player. I would LOVE to pay for this game, as I enjoy it quite a lot, and I would have no problems donating to the game to help it stay up and running; however, this economy sucks and there is no money to spare on the game. For people like me, we need some way to use more Socketing Rods; either by getting more Socketing Rods somehow or by making them re-usable in some way, shape, or form, like previous posters have mentioned.

During my time here on the forum so far, Socketing Rods seem to be the main complaint/suggestion with players on this game. We can only hope that the staff of R2 notices our plight and does something about this to help balance things out. Things still wouldn't be totally balanced, as paying players can still use Balanes for lots of other things, but giving us the opportunity to be able to use more gems would level out the playing field a lot more than what it is now. IMO anyway.

Why not make Socketing Rods available with insignias, in the Arena Shop? That way non-paying players can still put a lot of effort into getting them; it wouldn't be too easy and would still take quite some time to build them up, especially if it's something like 1000-1200 (the price may need to be discussed further) insignias for each Socketing Rod. I think that'd be fair, considering you would need at least five more socketing rods other than the four free ones you get. The price of the socketing rods would be high enough where paying players could still opt to use Balens to buy them so they can get them a lot sooner than the non-paying players. This would just give the non-paying players a slightly better chance at competing in PVP.

I might post this in the suggestions forum and see what everyone else thinks of the idea.
        In-Game Name: Drayga
        Server: [S86] Mireworth Keep
        Guild: Vicious (Guild Master)
        Class: Knight

"Get Drayga'ed."

Comment

Sigh... wanting to be on top all the time and don't want to continuously pay them? Who's the greedy one?
          If you want to punch more holes and stuff gems in your gears, feel free. Want to have full sockets on gears at all times? Pay up!
          Throwing money in at lower levels isn't worth it. Now you have seen the truth, don't cry about it.
          The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Good luck getting from level 45 to level 55 in 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by TiamatRoar View Post
              2 - 3 weeks?

Can be done in less-.

Comment

Dont feed the trolls......

Comment

Originally posted by TiamatRoar View Post
                  Takes me 8 days to level from 45 to 55 since all the xp scrolls are filling up my bag from the pumpkin event, 300k xp on badlands a run is not bad if u can do 5 in 1h aint it? only that already gives me 10.5 Million of xp, not even counting the shadow crystal quest, campaign run on 100% xp thats another 55k x 200 stamina = 550k a day. Bounty quests 20x 30k? still 600k a day. So please, dont tell people it will takes 2-3 weeks, cus thats nonsense ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Nimras186 View Post
                    2 - 3 weeks?

Can be done in less-.
                    Hahaha...yea I'm sure most can level from 45-55 in what a few days right? Yea good luck with that.
                    Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                    BR: 67K
                    Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Originally posted by R22041642 View Post
                      Takes me 8 days to level from 45 to 55 since all the xp scrolls are filling up my bag from the pumpkin event, 300k xp on badlands a run is not bad if u can do 5 in 1h aint it? only that already gives me 10.5 Million of xp, not even counting the shadow crystal quest, campaign run on 100% xp thats another 55k x 200 stamina = 550k a day. Bounty quests 20x 30k? still 600k a day. So please, dont tell people it will takes 2-3 weeks, cus thats nonsense ^^
                      Ok hate to burst your bubble but your math is off. First 300k xp per badlands isn't going to happen. Even with a lvl 2 you are looking at prolly 220k exp per run so that's a little over 1 mil. The shadow crystal quest gives you about 350k per 2-3 days cause you will not get the shadow crystals per day to complete the quest everyday. The campaign runs do not give you 55k per run with the lvl 2 exp scroll...more like 40k and you don't have 200 stamina per day unless you buy stamina pots or earn them in the guild altar. You get 160 per day. So that's about 320k exp. Bounty quests if you have the oranges can yield about 60k. So if you get lucky and can do 20 of them per day that will give you what 1.2m? So lets do the math here. 1.1m+350k+320k+1.2m=about 2.8m exp per day if you are lucky. For lvl 48 I need 10m exp. So that's 5 days to lvl up assuming you get all that exp every day. Try again chief..
                      Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                      BR: 67K
                      Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzz
                        Last edited by Readyman; 11-20-2012, 07:28 AM. Reason: removing

Comment

I am leveling from 45 to 55 right now. Takes me about 2 days per level. You forgot catacomb.
                          the new ways of getting socket rod should make this discussion obsolete.

Comment

hi im a mage lvl 60 , its been forever im waiting for lvl55 pvp set and lvl60 accesories set ...
                            Last edited by terayaki2; 11-20-2012, 09:14 AM.
                            [S1] Temple Of Ibalize
                            NasrulEyo
                            Mage
                            Havoc

"I'm Moving Forward Bcoz Of Friends , Ty For Supporting Me Friends & Havoc"
                            U can submit a here
                            My guide

Comment

Originally posted by terayaki2 View Post
                              hi im a mage lvl 60 , its been forever im waiting for lvl55 pvp set and lvl60 accesories set ...
                              Oh Yea...well I'm 53!....sooo...how's 60+?~ > . O
                              'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                              ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Working...
                              X