Which Sylph skills are useful?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Sylph skills are useful?

I have some skill books obtained from the underground palace. Is there a post or can someone help with which Sylph skills are important? To make it more general, which 5+3 skills would you have on each refined sylph ? Sylph skill slots are precious and I dont want to waste them by equipping useless skills even if i have them for free..

Would also like comments on usefulness of these skills..
    neptune blessing
    aquilon's blessing
    master of wind
    airy gaurdian
    spirit of wind
    breeze blade
    spirit well
    illumination
    ice armour
    heavenly body

sry no comment on those skills but be aware that when u learn a new skill it might replace a skill u alrdy know

Comment

would be more helpful if you put the description of those skills too. (im lazy to google right now, and the servers are down)

but i can tell you about ice armor, it is iris/triton version of Purification. how useful it is depends on how you use it, like when soloing some bosses who gives nasty debuffs.
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by hakunamatata333 View Post
        I have some skill books obtained from the underground palace. Is there a post or can someone help with which Sylph skills are important? To make it more general, which 5+3 skills would you have on each refined sylph ? Sylph skill slots are precious and I dont want to waste them by equipping useless skills even if i have them for free..

Would also like comments on usefulness of these skills..
        neptune blessing - junk
        aquilon's blessing - OK, but not one I'd normally choose - whispering wind is the better choice for most
        master of wind - I'd prefer spirit of wind, but it's a personal preference
        airy guardian - junk
        spirit of wind - see above
        breeze blade - good if you want to try for a replacement skill, same with aquilon's lament, but breeze blade has the short cd to fill in for gust strike
        spirit well - pretty worthless, but currently maybe better than master of water, since the stun works so rarely now
        illumination - I wouldn't
        ice armour - a useful skill, but there are a lot of useful skills for a triton; comes down to how you will use it
        heavenly body - no

Rain dance is obviously the top priority for triton, but the 5th skill has a lot of possible options, all of which have their advantages. Ice shield and ice armor are both good for certain situations, and even tsunami has its uses. Ice bolt is the strongest attack it has, so that's also worth looking at.

Medusa needs steal, no question. I might try to get this config on my second one: delphic, steal, whispering wind, aquilon's lament, breeze blade.

Athena is one you wouldn't want to replace any of the default skills, but it's a little short of good skills for the other slots. Divine prayer is a definite, then I don't really know for the 5th. I'd avoid helios blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
          Medusa needs steal, no question. I might try to get this config on my second one: delphic, steal, whispering wind, aquilon's lament, breeze blade.
          Very great suggestions but I would definitely go with Wind's Grace over Breeze Blade. This is an especially good choice if you plan to do a lot of group PvP with your Medusa.

Comment

Originally posted by OhBummer View Post
            Very great suggestions but I would definitely go with Wind's Grace over Breeze Blade. This is an especially good choice if you plan to do a lot of group PvP with your Medusa.
            Considering I have 3 medusas now, I stand by my choice

The short cd on breeze blade makes it a viable replacement for gust strike, but wind's grace is a good skill, no doubt.

Comment

Really though, at the end of the day, it comes down to how you plan to use those pets as well.. Will they be support team members or a primary attack pet? Will they be used for class wars only, or for other things like sky trails and the like. Taking all of that into account as well can help make decisions on what skills you would use... by the way though, if you ever land a Hades... keep far the heck away from Sinister Rot.. I am still trying to land an over write on that one, and failing miserably

As for the Medusa issue for you, I do echo those sentiments, getting good advise there
              Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

best skill in there is ice armor id say depending on what you are doing and how many mage friend u have on my server mages are very rare or some around my br.... so for me its a must since we usually run 3 arch 1 knight or 2 knight 2 arch we always bring 1-2 triton/iris to the pvm fights especially for wilds boss wind lv60 / dark boss lv70 any bosses who removes ur damage or lower ur resist having ice armor can virtually replace a mage in some situations

Comment

ok will someone tell me whats wrong with the game i cant enter it its all black

Comment

as for best skills for refined sylphs it depends if u mostly focus pvm or pvp on my gaia wih is my main and plan to max it someday i use the basic skills +deaths harvest aoe+5% incrs dmg to all ennemy and awe wich is single target high damage that removes 300 awakening points the dark skill that rduces 50% healing is very nice but dont feel like gambling and loosing a skill i just bought or devour soul and delphic as they are a must as for hercules wich i use for pvm basic skills+ shock chain wich is one of the best skills in the game by my opinion for iris/triton if u ant to support pvm fights rain dance/ice armor is great the shield is awsome but depending if u have many friend mages id use ice armor over shield as its not a pvp sylph

Comment

All of medusa's passives are very underwhelming, and the one you get for free (Breath Shield) is easily the best of the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony944 View Post
                        my opinion for iris/triton if u ant to support pvm fights rain dance/ice armor is great the shield is awsome but depending if u have many friend mages id use ice armor over shield as its not a pvp sylph
                        Ice shield is brilliant in cw PvP and in future patches when sylphs replace troops completely ice shield will completely dominate pvp
                        Precision----S3 Worgs Lair

Precisia----
                        s371 Harmony

Comment

I think this is an interesting thread. Even though there are different opinions about the best skills, it would be very interesting to know the skills chosen by top player for each sylph

Comment

Originally posted by JackMalloy View Post
                            I think this is an interesting thread. Even though there are different opinions about the best skills, it would be very interesting to know the skills chosen by top player for each sylph
                            they probably have alot of balens to reroll the skills they dont want tho most of us dont and even if we do its gambling and a chance to take i saw a vid of a guy spend 12k balens to setup his skills and rebuy his delphic 3 times lol..
                            Last edited by Tony944; 02-28-2015, 10:00 AM. Reason: bad grammar

Comment

I use Medusa as main sylph, i suggest:
                              active skills: you MUST have Delphic, Steal, WhisperingWind, Aquilon'sLament. as 5th skill you can choose AquilonBlessing or BreezeBlade.
                              BreezeBlade is more useful in events like AB, wb and DI
                              Aq.blessing is useful in bg, cw, arena, gb... for example in bg: awaken, aq.blessing, whisp.wind, (in this moment attacks will be +50% for fight timer) steal, delphic, aq.lament. Aq.blessing is useful when you are chaosed (skills casted on "yourself" aren't affected by chaos), but you must pay attention to your awakening points and to fight timer: usually, it's a bad choice casting aq.blessing if many players involved in fight, cause the fight is slower, you consume more aw.points each turn, and +50% fight time comes soon. But pvp fight is like a chaos war, and having aq.blessing is sure better than br.blade
                              passive skills: you MUST have Wind'sBreath. as second, the default passive BreathShield is good. as 3rd, keep empty space for when there will be better passives in future patches

Gambling question: for your main sylph, you have to waste your bound balens in gambling. for secondary sylphs maybe not.

Comment

Working...
                              X