This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
    Fun fact: There's far more reputation spread around during game play discussions (such as guides and tips) than anything else, and the majority of that reputation is centered around agreeing or disagreeing with someone's thoughts on actual game play. It's generally the handful of the regulars who give or take rep from people for being funny, or trolls, or because they just don't like someone or what they posted.

So, if someone was really wanting to increase their reputation, they would only need to be helpful to the people who come here to find how-to answers, information, tips, and tricks, while avoiding getting on the regulars' bad side.

It's far less of a popularity contest than you think it is.
    somehow I think ppl only give reputation when emotion is involved ,rather than good tip about game

if u look this thread for example there is nothing about game and I bet ppl are giving reputation just for discussion about non game related content

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      you of all people talking about logic? please read this exact post i quoted, especially on 1st and 2nd sentence. feel logical?
      oh sure, lets remove the bad rep system so i can openly bully people without getting any repercusion from the forum. afterall, its a "logical" things to do right? it will makes you very happy too so you can post more racist comments.
      its not like they cant be used apart from each other...
      The colors, The grey
      The fire, The smoke,
      The lights, The dark
      To speak or to choke
      The words, That hurts
      The truth, The lies
      The wishpers, the noise
      Its blinding Your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmyspook View Post
        yes i know.
        but here its not about the idea anymore, that guy arlad's comments are hostile towards me in my opinion.
        Actually, he started with very constructive criticism of your suggestion, and was quite polite about it. It would be advisable to get back on track with the idea, as you do raise a few valid points regarding how comments are given, else this thread will be closed and you two can move on to private messages if you wish to continue the argument.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

you of all people talking about logic? please read this exact post i quoted, especially on 1st and 2nd sentence. feel logical?
          oh sure, lets remove the bad rep system so i can openly bully people without getting any repercusion from the forum. afterall, its a "logical" things to do right? it will makes you very happy too so you can post more racist comments.
          Im sure moderators would ban ppl for posting racist comments ...u don't need reputation system to tell u who u need to ban or don't

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfish View Post
            somehow I think ppl only give reputation when emotion is involved ,rather than good tip about game

if u look this thread for example there is nothing about game and I bet ppl are giving reputation just for discussion about non game related content
            at least this guy got where i am talking about!
            The colors, The grey
            The fire, The smoke,
            The lights, The dark
            To speak or to choke
            The words, That hurts
            The truth, The lies
            The wishpers, the noise
            Its blinding Your eyes.

Comment

Actually, he started with very constructive criticism of your suggestion, and was quite polite about it. It would be advisable to get back on track with the idea, as you do raise a few valid points regarding how comments are given, else this thread will be closed and you two can move on to private messages if you wish to continue the argument.
              well he maybe acused him of racist in polite manner but why moderators didn't ban such person who post racist comments?

Comment

he called me racist and threatened to dislike my posts just because i dont fit in his idea. how clear can it be?
                The colors, The grey
                The fire, The smoke,
                The lights, The dark
                To speak or to choke
                The words, That hurts
                The truth, The lies
                The wishpers, the noise
                Its blinding Your eyes.

Comment

exactly, this thread didnt event discussing about the game. TC swayed by his own emotion when he complain about the downvotes, which is totally not related to the game.
                  just look at his post where he accused people for being hostile, while ignoring his own hostility on his posts. heck, even the opening posts has insults and threats in it.

he called me racist and threatened to dislike my posts just because i dont fit in his idea. how clear can it be?
                  1. i called you racist based on your previous posts.
                  2. im not threatening, im actually doing it. that's a big difference.

speaking of threats, i think it can be found on the very first post of this thread.
                  Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 02-28-2015, 12:21 PM. Reason: post merge
                  Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                  Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Sometimes, yes, rep is emotion driven, but most of the people who leave a rep comment based on emotion are the regulars, as they are the heart of the forum community, and so are emotional invested (whether they want to admit it or not).

The people who usually read and leave, and only post to ask a question or when they have a problem don't have as much voting power, so their rep doesn't leave as much of an impact as a regular's voting power does. It's less noticeable, but it's still far more common to see rep given/taken from constructive game play centered discussions than from any other topic of discussion.
                    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_14.png
Views:	1
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1708940
                      what in the world is racist about this? #stuck

Originally posted by Arlad
                      1. i called you racist based on your previous posts.
                      2. im not threatening, im actually doing it. that's a big difference.

speaking of threats, i think it can be found on the very first post of this thread.
                      we both made this mistake of making threats by anger, which doesn't mean we should be giving negative reputation to each other for that.
                      EDIT: about my post that was a threat to you, i said perhaps, and i didnt point it at someone unlike you did.
                      Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 02-28-2015, 12:21 PM. Reason: post merge
                      The colors, The grey
                      The fire, The smoke,
                      The lights, The dark
                      To speak or to choke
                      The words, That hurts
                      The truth, The lies
                      The wishpers, the noise
                      Its blinding Your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmyspook
                        we both made this mistake of making threats by anger, which doesn't mean we should be giving negative reputation to each other for that.
                        but i dont give negative rep on your post by anger. you said it yourself:

but i dont really care about my reputation,
                        and this is my reaction:

anyway, since you didnt care about your reputations now, you wont mind that this post i quoted got a downvote from me right? :-p

EDIT: about my post that was a threat to you, i said perhaps, and i didnt point it at someone unlike you did.
                        seems you need to re learn the word "threat" means, and you seriously comparing a downvote to DDoS attack?
                        Last edited by Arlad; 02-27-2015, 01:09 PM.
                        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

and this is my reaction:
                          if you can read, you see i didnt say anything about you being angry, only about me.
                          and i dont care about my reputation, i care about the high rate of bullying in these forums.
                          The colors, The grey
                          The fire, The smoke,
                          The lights, The dark
                          To speak or to choke
                          The words, That hurts
                          The truth, The lies
                          The wishpers, the noise
                          Its blinding Your eyes.

Comment

if you can read, you see i didnt say anything about you being angry, only about me.
                            and i dont care about my reputation, i care about the high rate of bullying in these forums.
                            oh really?
                            and you keep saying about "not caring about your own reputation", then posted the negative reps you received. ever wonder why i called you hypocrite in that downvote?

Comment

and this is my reaction:

seems you need to re learn the word "threat" means, and you seriously comparing a downvote to DDoS attack?
                              the big difference is: u actually did it and pointed it at me, as i said before. which i clearly didn't do. this isn't a threat according to the defenition, and since that i can't be banned.
                              The colors, The grey
                              The fire, The smoke,
                              The lights, The dark
                              To speak or to choke
                              The words, That hurts
                              The truth, The lies
                              The wishpers, the noise
                              Its blinding Your eyes.

Comment

Seriously, you are full of **** man and you know it. You start a thread about the rating system, you get called on by many people for 4 pages then on the 5th page, you say you don't care about your reputation rating...lmao.....you got the crown of the most stupid comment of the day man...nice one.

Also, you really gotta stop with the bullying...people voicing their opinion and not agreeing with you and pointing out how stupid some of your comments are is not bullying....get real man.

Comment

Working...
                                X