No announcement yet.

Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not arguing at all. I guess we just have a difference of what actual defense stats are. I don't consider having 50k defense and 100k attack "decent defense" I consider that "neglecting defense" as you put it.

if that number were more like 75k def with 100k attack... yes

When your def is half your attack, you have horrid defense. When you win fights easy, its due to resist and dimensions. PERIOD
    Archer hoarder

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      why should i do that? read my previous post again:

it seems you are arguing just for the antagonism itself. you dont care if youre wrong or right as long you keep arguing.
      you make "friends" in every thread dont ya?
      The colors, The grey
      The fire, The smoke,
      The lights, The dark
      To speak or to choke
      The words, That hurts
      The truth, The lies
      The wishpers, the noise
      Its blinding Your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
        I am not arguing at all. I guess we just have a difference of what actual defense stats are. I don't consider having 50k defense and 100k attack "decent defense" I consider that "neglecting defense" as you put it.

if that number were more like 75k def with 100k attack... yes

When your def is half your attack, you have horrid defense. When you win fights easy, its due to resist and dimensions. PERIOD
        ah, even timmyspook and antiapartheid is not this dumb.
        you keep saying that defense is useless, but only using an excuse with res. look at ALL my posts,, all i said is that res crystal works better on high defense.
        its like saying that Mitsubishi GT-2000 is a slow car because a baby drive it. it works both way, a good car wont do good with a bad driver, and a good driver has it limits with crappy car. same as res and defense.

Originally posted by Timmyspook View Post
        you make "friends" in every thread dont ya?
        speak of the devil itself....
        well, its pretty normal for foolish people to hate people who used his brain.
        Last edited by Arlad; 02-28-2015, 07:02 AM. Reason: .
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Let me give you a better example of what i meant. These are how my stats looks like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	571.5 KB
ID:	1708985 Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 2.PNG
Size:	530.4 KB
ID:	1708986

These are my 2 main sylphs so far:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 3.PNG
Size:	632.8 KB
ID:	1708987 Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 4.PNG
Size:	682.8 KB
ID:	1708988

And my main problem is that i loose to players with 50 k Br less then me, 20 - 30 k less defense stats, same class sylph (usually lower quality)
          Server: S19 Europe
          Class: Archer
          BR: 2200 K
          Sylph: Venus, Hecate, Zeus, Triton, Medusa
          Nickname: W T F TotEu

Comment

well to answer the question, lets do it like this: for example: Jeff hits Jan with an attack stat of 100k, jan got 90k defense so that makes 10k.
            the defense is something thats absolut, if you ever had statistic in school im sure you know what this means.
            the resistance adds/removes a % of damage u deal/receive.
            for example: Jeff hits Jan with an attack stat of 100k, jan got 90k defense so that makes 10k, but Jan got 100 electro resistance, which is the type where jeff hit jan with. this means that 10% damage will be rededuced since its prety logical 10 resistance = 1% (1% per 1 res is too OP).so this makes 9k hit.
            if you need more explaining just ask me! but keep this in mind: defense works with absolut numbers and resistance with %'s.
            EDIT: with defense in the first line i mean MDEF or PDEF, depending on your opponents class
            Last edited by Timmyspook; 02-28-2015, 07:18 AM.
            The colors, The grey
            The fire, The smoke,
            The lights, The dark
            To speak or to choke
            The words, That hurts
            The truth, The lies
            The wishpers, the noise
            Its blinding Your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by TotEu View Post
              Let me give you a better example of what i meant. These are how my stats looks like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128340[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]128341[/ATTACH]

These are my 2 main sylphs so far:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128342[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]128343[/ATTACH]

And my main problem is that i loose to players with 50 k Br less then me, 20 - 30 k less defense stats, same class sylph (usually lower quality)
              this already been answered in the 2nd post. people are stacking elec resist so you are losing because you used hercules.
              change your main sylph(in your case, your athena seems the best choice) and you will stomp them when you fight them again.
              without their high elec res, they can only rely on their defense when you transformed into your athena.

edit: i see your elec res stats are pretty low for someone your strenght.
              even without dimension, if you have 5 lvl 7 elec res crystal you should have 650 res when you equip your hercules.

my advice: give your best res crystal and dimension into your equipped sylph 1st. when you have same res and will reduction with your opponent, its your stat's turn to shine.
              Last edited by Arlad; 02-28-2015, 07:24 AM.
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

BR isn't that important to judge "strength" anymore, from what I see in your screen;
                1 high BR sylph, someone with weaker sylph but higher player stats can beat you
                2 high pdef, vs matk sylphs useless
                3 average HP and mdef

and agreed with Arlad, your electro res is low for someone that wants to be competitive against players that use Herc.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                  BR isn't that important to judge "strength" anymore, from what I see in your screen;
                  1 high BR sylph, someone with weaker sylph but higher player stats can beat you
                  2 high pdef, vs matk sylphs useless
                  3 average HP and mdef

and agreed with Arlad, your electro res is low for someone that wants to be competitive against players that use Herc.
                  1. I fought with someone with lower sylph, lower player stats (don't know the resistance he/she had - so i guess this is where i lost)
                  2. It was a fight archer vs archer (matk has nothing to do with in that fight)
                  3. Yet again my hp was higher then his/hers

Conclusion: All my stats were higher then of the other player including sylph, which means that resistance is the only thing that drags me down.

So the answer to my question as everyone is saying is that don't really matter anymore how high is my pdef/mdef. Unless i get my resistance up or change my main sylph i'm doomed.

Comment

So the answer to my question as everyone is saying is that don't really matter anymore how high is my pdef/mdef. Unless i get my resistance up or change my main sylph i'm doomed.
                    *sigh*
                    let me repeat this the umpteenth time. your defense is still important, you just need to build your resistance more. res and def are not exclusive to each other. once you have a good res and defense, you would be a feared monster that no one able to scratch.

or do the other solution that been posted many times, change sylph. the opponent's elec res wont mean anything once you changed into your athena.

tips: when you are fighting other people, the resistance that was taken into damage calculation is your highest res regardless what sylph you equipped.
                    so if the opponent has hercules with 1350 elec res while you have athena with 1200 elec res and both of you have same attackpoint and res reduction, he will still does more damage because he has higher number.
                    once you transform into your sylph, then your attack's element becomes what your sylph has. thats why i keep saying you should use your athena because its harder to raise light resistance than elec.
                    Last edited by Arlad; 02-28-2015, 08:57 AM.

Comment

1. I fought with someone with lower sylph, lower player stats (don't know the resistance he/she had - so i guess this is where i lost)
                      2. It was a fight archer vs archer (matk has nothing to do with in that fight)
                      3. Yet again my hp was higher then his/hers

Conclusion: All my stats were higher then of the other player including sylph, which means that resistance is the only thing that drags me down.

Except when they use, oh I don't know... a matk sylph, like I said in my post. So unless they used a Pan, Cerberus or Gaia, all 3 which would easily beat you since your res in those elements even lower, MATK does matter.

Comment

Thank you all for your input, gonna try to increase my resistance...and change my pet when my 2nd is gonna be strong enough to make a diference
                        Last edited by TotEu; 02-28-2015, 09:51 AM.

Comment

and change my pet when my 2nd is gonna be strong enough to make a diference
                          your athena is already 83k. -_-;
                          it's already better than 80% of the players's best sylphs.

Comment

I gave it a try with Athena as my main in Fire Temple earlier and i done better against Gaia/Aegis, however i failed against Hercule. So now i have another question if you bare with me. If i'm using Athena and fighting vs other sylphs my main resistance (let's call it light) has to be higher then the one of the other player even if he is electro based? And if so it means that if my light res is 1000 vs his 900 electro res (similar player stats, same class) i should do more damage to him?

Comment

Two things I just wanna say.

1. The lower your def, the more effect res will have. Since you're taking more damage based on defensive stats, then more damage will be negated by res.

2. RES vs. DEF is much the same argument as Goddess Blessing vs. Aegis. RES is a % based reduction, DEF is absolute. The % based will have the bigger effect at bigger numbers. No need to neglect one entirely, but RES is obviously the more important factor of the two.

Comment

I gave it a try with Athena as my main in Fire Temple earlier and i done better against Gaia/Aegis, however i failed against Hercule. So now i have another question if you bare with me. If i'm using Athena and fighting vs other sylphs my main resistance (let's call it light) has to be higher then the one of the other player even if he is electro based? And if so it means that if my light res is 1000 vs his 900 electro res (similar player stats, same class) i should do more damage to him?
                                only at human form. like i said earlier, once you transform your attack will be switched to sylph's element.

it goes like this:
                                you (1000 light res, 500 elec res, athena equipped) vs opponent (900 elec res, 800 light res, hercules equipped) -> you deal more damage
                                then
                                you (1000 light res, 500 elec res, transformed into athena) vs opponent (900 elec res, 800 light res, transformed into hercules) -> he deals more damage
                                the res that took effect are bolded.

Comment

Working...
                                X