Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HumbleSlayer
    replied
    I am not arguing at all. I guess we just have a difference of what actual defense stats are. I don't consider having 50k defense and 100k attack "decent defense" I consider that "neglecting defense" as you put it.

if that number were more like 75k def with 100k attack... yes

When your def is half your attack, you have horrid defense. When you win fights easy, its due to resist and dimensions. PERIOD

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
    I dare you to put on massive defense and take off all resist crystals and sylph so your resist is next to nothing in BG
    why should i do that? read my previous post again:

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
    the point is, high res would be more useful if you have high defense stat. but do not neglect any of them.
    it seems you are arguing just for the antagonism itself. you dont care if youre wrong or right as long you keep arguing.

Leave a comment:

• daunapu
    replied
    Another funny thread.....and it is because as usual someone just fails to read and comprehend whats been told. Not many posts yet tho, so he might actually go back, read and put some thinking into it....

Leave a comment:

• HumbleSlayer
    replied
    If your attack is double the defense of the opponent.... how could he not take much damage unless opponent has LOTS of very high level dimensions open (considering will crystals are very good)

defense has a LOT less to do with damage taken than dimensions/resistance crystals.

I dare you to put on massive defense and take off all resist crystals and sylph so your resist is next to nothing in BG

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Seems you keep missing the point... I can quote it again for you.

""When im pushing 100k attack and fighting a guy with 50k defense and doing almost no damage, and taking lots of damage... that means MANY adv or expert dimensions when considering my resist and will crystals (which are pretty good) "

You say "more defense you have, the more resist is useful" WELL, doubling attack to defense is not having much defense. That means its ALL resistance crystals and dimensions doing the defense

i dare you to strip all armor and everything that gives defense and rely on res only in BG.

Leave a comment:

• HumbleSlayer
    replied
    seems you keep misreading my point, with i already stated earlier:

to make it simpler for people who have problem with a slightly complicated text: The more defense you have, the more useful resistance is.

besides, defense works on ALL element, and its would be very hard to build good resistance on all element.

Seems you keep missing the point... I can quote it again for you.

""When im pushing 100k attack and fighting a guy with 50k defense and doing almost no damage, and taking lots of damage... that means MANY adv or expert dimensions when considering my resist and will crystals (which are pretty good) "

You say "more defense you have, the more resist is useful" WELL, doubling attack to defense is not having much defense. That means its ALL resistance crystals and dimensions doing the defense

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    I gave an example almost identical to yours with 100% different results as what you are saying. SURE if you have 100k attack and face someone with 150k defense you wont hurt them much....

However, you apparently did not look at the example I gave.

"When im pushing 100k attack and fighting a guy with 50k defense and doing almost no damage, and taking lots of damage... that means MANY adv or expert dimensions when considering my resist and will crystals (which are pretty good) "
    seems you keep misreading my point, with i already stated earlier:

the point is, high res would be more useful if you have high defense stat. but do not neglect any of them.
    to make it simpler for people who have problem with a slightly complicated text: The more defense you have, the more useful resistance is.

besides, defense works on ALL element, and its would be very hard to build good resistance on all element.

Leave a comment:

• HumbleSlayer
    replied
    you didnt know how examples works, dont you? if your problem is "15k attack" and "10k defense", just give another zero to both numbers.
    I gave an example almost identical to yours with 100% different results as what you are saying. SURE if you have 100k attack and face someone with 150k defense you wont hurt them much....

However, you apparently did not look at the example I gave.

"When im pushing 100k attack and fighting a guy with 50k defense and doing almost no damage, and taking lots of damage... that means MANY adv or expert dimensions when considering my resist and will crystals (which are pretty good) "

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    This comment is kind of irrelevant. There are hardly any players with 15k matk fighting anyone on this 2year+ game. Even new players in 40 gear have more than 15k atk.

When im pushing 100k attack and fighting a guy with 50k defense and doing almost no damage, and taking lots of damage... that means MANY adv or expert dimensions when considering my resist and will crystals (which are pretty good)
    you didnt know how examples works, dont you? if your problem is "15k attack" and "10k defense", just give another zero to both numbers.

Leave a comment:

• HumbleSlayer
    replied
    i wont say pdef/mdef not matter much anymore.
    against opponent with 15k matk/patk, if, its better to have 20k pdef/mdef with 0 damage res than having 80% damage reduction but only have 10k pdef/mdef

This comment is kind of irrelevant. There are hardly any players with 15k matk fighting anyone on this 2year+ game. Even new players in 40 gear have more than 15k atk.

When im pushing 100k attack and fighting a guy with 50k defense and doing almost no damage, and taking lots of damage... that means MANY adv or expert dimensions when considering my resist and will crystals (which are pretty good)

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    i wont say pdef/mdef not matter much anymore.
    against opponent with 15k matk/patk, if, its better to have 20k pdef/mdef with 0 damage res than having 80% damage reduction but only have 10k pdef/mdef

Leave a comment:

• HumbleSlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by TotEu View Post
    Does PDEF and MDEF gems still count for anything else but BR since the resistance crystals? I keep fighting players with lower BR, lower PDEF, lower quality sylph and losing. The damage i take is considerably higher then the one i make and i just don't understand how is this possible. With all the new stuff that keeps getting added to the game and the lack of information makes you wonder if there is any point in playing anymore. Hope a moderator or a GM can give me an answer. Thank You!

The only thing that really matters are dimensions and resist crystals. I was fighting the same class in bg other day. We both had same sylphs, I have only 4 basic, 1 inter open with all very high resist crystals. My atk more than double his def and still can barely hurt him in sylph mode or out. He had to have 3-4 adv dimensions open. Good for him...

pdef/mdef really don't matter much at all anymore.

Leave a comment:

• gruntar
    replied
    Everything counts, but if you would just have a fraction of their attack in pdef/mdef anyway, they wont make much of a differance...resistances act as a multiplier on what damage you would take, if your defenses are very high, you dont take a lot of damage against lower br players, even when your resist is at -200

Leave a comment:

• MrFancyPants
    replied
    If you don't have good dimensions, your resistance and particularly your reduce res will suffer, and you'll be outmatched in pvp. Most of us can only get one resistance type high enough to make a real difference, so focus on one if you haven't already. Until your opponent sylphs, whatever is your highest is what counts.

But I agree about hercules, I have switched over to gaia for exactly this reason. Even if someone wants to get high dark resist, it's really hard to do unless you are also using gaia.

Leave a comment:

• OhBummer
    replied
    I noticed in your signature, it says "Sylph: Hercules". I would recommend that you work on building a 2nd sylph for pvp since a lot of people are now stacking electro resist from dimensions. Try using a fire, water or wind pet if you don't have an Gaia/Aegis yet. I think you will find those to be much better pets for PvP. I prefer fire for single pvp and dark or wind for group pvp. Hope this helps you out some

Leave a comment:

Working...
X