Cross Server GB optimized?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Server GB optimized?

At what point? Teammates still fight Teammates. People even fight THEMSELF. 4 vs 5, coz 2 players are "layered" ... and so on.

If you want to optimize CSGB, start there. And then change the matching and group system. Get rid of the groups.
    There are guilds in Diamond group, who will be eaten all 3 fights. David vs Goliath. They sure did well in the prelims, on equal terms, but what are they doing in the Top 8 of ALL Servers and Hosts?
    Lucky for the rewards, but it's unrealistic. 7 or 8 fights without Finals Groups are far more realistic for the rankings anyway. There are guilds in Iron group too, that simply don't belong there. Only by losing 2 fights.
    They still could win the next 3, and rank far better. But the groups are closed. At the moment, guilds who win 4 in total, can get more rewards than guilds who win 6 in total. Only by groups.
    And the actual Diamond and Gold Groups PROVE that it's NOT about being able to beat the MOST guilds.

Another point is the BR matching. It's taken ONCE, but some guilds improve Millions in 7 weeks. Next is ... Big active guilds with many smaller players are handicapped automatically by that matching system.
    Or ... they are even forced to reduce BR, to avoid Monsters. Matching the whole guild makes no sense, when only 40 of them fight. The worst is, the Trickery about that static "Entrance BR".
    Avoiding "Monster Guilds" for the first battle is one thing. But if that guilds face only small guilds then, who they completely outmatch, over the whole prelims ... then something is wrong.
    They are entering the static Groups then, and the Rewards are just farmed nice and smoothly, since there are 8 Ranks guaranteed in every group. No matter how much you lose.
    This avoiding/tricking will increase next time, more guilds will do that. Everyone learns. To avoid that, you (the host) only needs to calculate the true "brought-into-battle" BR after each match.
    Of course there can be tricked too, but not in THAT big style. Either this is a competition event, or it is not. At the moment it's too much lucky draw and/or tricking.

Cancel the group thing, match the brought-in BR, not the one-time whole ... and the whole CSGB will be a lot more realistic ... and a lot more fun. For everyone who likes gameplay and competition.

If people are fighting themselves or their teammates, that's definitely a bug.

The whole brought in br thing seems interesting. It still has it's own problems though. A big one is it requires a match to get rankings.

Sadly, complain all you want, it won't change anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris419 View Post
      It still has it's own problems though. A big one is it requires a match to get rankings.

Sadly, complain all you want, it won't change anything.
      Sure, first match still can be tricked, coz the BR must be grabbed old way. But it's still better than having guilds listed/matched with 12 Million, and bring 20 to battle.

And yes, sadly ... Maybe someone picks an idea and does something about it, one day. :P But only thing I heard in that way, was the "Gem Spam" ...

However ... if something is optimized, it's very well hidden.

Comment

Random match on preliminar are way easier and way better, after 1st prel winner match winner and loser loser and u'll end up with a rank that look like cw prel one. Matching by br is just dumb, why should the strongest guild match the 2nd strongest guild? That should happen in finals not in preliminar.

Comment

SlowPlay ... Has it to be easy? Or is it a tournament? And you maybe have not understood what's the problem. The whole guild BR counts for whole tournament. It is taken only ONCE though. And that BR can/is tricked down, by kicking/readding people etc.
          If you speak of "dumb" ... it's dumb when a guild is enlisted with 10 Million BR, and really brings 10 Million BR into battle ... and then faces a guild who is enlisted with 9 Million BR, but brings 15 Million ... coz they kicked/readded ppl.
          Both won maybe 2 fights, both have "equal" enlisted BR, so they meet. The matches are NOT random. They are calculated by wins, points and the closest equal enlisted Guild BR.
          Last point can be easily tricked, and that way you never face a real enemy, until the finals. But in the finals the groups are set. If you trick your way into Diamond group, you can lose all fights without worries ... and still be Rank 6-8.
          Coz Diamond group is Rank 1-8, and that doesn't change.
          Last edited by LeGarde; 03-02-2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeGarde View Post
            SlowPlay ... Has it to be easy? Or is it a tournament? And you maybe have not understood what's the problem. The whole guild BR counts for whole tournament. It is taken only ONCE though. And that BR can/is tricked down, by kicking/readding people etc.
            If you speak of "dumb" ... it's dumb when a guild is enlisted with 10 Million BR, and really brings 10 Million BR into battle ... and then faces a guild who is enlisted with 9 Million BR, but brings 15 Million ... coz they kicked/readded ppl.
            Both won maybe 2 fights, both have "equal" enlisted BR, so they meet. The matches are NOT random. They are calculated by wins, points and the closest equal enlisted Guild BR.
            Last point can be easily tricked, and that way you never face a real enemy, until the finals. But in the finals the groups are set. If you trick your way into Diamond group, you can lose all fights without worries ... and still be Rank 6-8.
            I dont know why you overcomplicate something that has been discussed already after 1st csgb and SlowPlay stated the essence of the best solution.

1. BR should be counted only for signing
            2. First match should be COMPLETELY random
            3. Next matches should be based on wins and points
            4. Groups are nice, because the strongest/best should decide the winner between them

Nothing else should be done with matching in csgb
            THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Our guild fought 2 very close, amazing battles which we won. By winning with both teams getting max points we get nothing extra toward TOTAL points. We did get more items for the "win," but lose a TON more items when the "groups" were decided. We lose our third to an extremely overmatched guild. Congrats to them. They spawn camped, so we got almost no points which was kind of dirty but whatever. soooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... The team we beat 2nd got max points for losing (same point total as we got for winning) and ended up 12th overall because they faced weak matchups after losing to us. They ended up 12th overall, we ended up 51+ which gets us the long stroke and no prizes....

In short, we beat very good teams in VERY fun, close battles but get no rewards for it... while 1 of the teams we beat get very nice rewards in GOLD group. The system is flawed of course. There is no real solution. No matter how it is changed it will still likely be unfair to someone. What needs to be fixed are the bugs. Fighting your own team, adding players after "registration" etc.

again I will say this, there are guilds who have 12 servers of people stacked on to 1 team. If you really want to do well with this event, you will stack every player on every server you have access to on 1 team.
              Archer hoarder

Comment

The first csgb match went off with almost no bugs or glitches, at least on our side of the battle...2nd match and forward though...worse and worse with each battle

Comment

Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
                  adding players after "registration" etc.
                  Actually, that would be a small solution already. Undressing can reduce BR too, ofc ... but not in such extreme way.
                  We have beaten 3 slightly stronger too, 10k to 5-6k ... and lost then to a guild who was enlisted in CSGB with around 13 Million, but has in fact far over 25 Million in daily rankings (Before and after registration),
                  and had at least 18-19 Million in battle. So 1 battle was lost by outmatching, we ended up in Silver, while the other guild went to Diamond. Cost us at least Gold group too. And they never had any real matched enemies.
                  Last edited by LeGarde; 03-02-2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Sure, first match still can be tricked, coz the BR must be grabbed old way. But it's still better than having guilds listed/matched with 12 Million, and bring 20 to battle.

And yes, sadly ... Maybe someone picks an idea and does something about it, one day. :P But only thing I heard in that way, was the "Gem Spam" ...

However ... if something is optimized, it's very well hidden.
                    Gem Spam fix was an easy change and that took a long time. Counting br of participants and then matching according to that is a very significant change.

Comment

Dude i know the tricks to lower guild br but your solution can't work, 1st because 1st match would still be unfair and 2nd because there are so many way to trick br that it's pretty easy to lower br when joining or leaving xgb (i can go from 600k to 250k), br rank is not a solution. The best solution is have random on 1st match, then winner face winner (again randomly, not br), ofc in this way there will be a luck part (and there are still way to trick the end score) but not as easy as it is now. Also what's the point to have on preliminars the top 16 guild face each other? This should be on finals, not on preliminars, it's like if on cw they made top br face each other and a 100k br get into finals because of that, it's unfair for those on top 16 that lose (and i won 1st xgb and gonna be either 1st or 2nd on this one so i don't even care about that for myself, just suck for others). Hope my english is good enough and that u can understand what i wrote.

Comment

I just think there shouldn't be prelims. Create groups of 8 purely off guild BR and then have 3 matches to determine placing. Then do the whole event twice as frequently to make up the "lost" king seals.

Like most every other suggestion, however, nothing will change. Moreover, CSGB is a laggy, buggy mess. Even if you guild comes in dead last, you should be able to pick up the mount.
                        Last edited by FufuBunnySlayer; 03-02-2015, 03:07 PM.

Comment

the rankings system is so bad that for the first fight of the finals, we are fighting the guild we fought (and beat) as the first opponent in xgb

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                            Dude i know the tricks to lower guild br but your solution can't work, 1st because 1st match would still be unfair and 2nd because there are so many way to trick br that it's pretty easy to lower br when joining or leaving xgb (i can go from 600k to 250k), br rank is not a solution. The best solution is have random on 1st match, then winner face winner (again randomly, not br), ofc in this way there will be a luck part (and there are still way to trick the end score) but not as easy as it is now. Also what's the point to have on preliminars the top 16 guild face each other? This should be on finals, not on preliminars, it's like if on cw they made top br face each other and a 100k br get into finals because of that, it's unfair for those on top 16 that lose (and i won 1st xgb and gonna be either 1st or 2nd on this one so i don't even care about that for myself, just suck for others). Hope my english is good enough and that u can understand what i wrote.
                            That's why I said ... NO GROUPS. Silver Group is more difficult than Diamond this time. Any sense in that? Groups are the biggest problem anyway. That would be not better, if all goes random. Randoms are completely lucky, not partly. It's a tournament, not rolling dices.
                            Without Groups it would be far more realistic. And the tricking would not lift you skyhigh, without fighting for it. On the contrary the groups could be extended to maybe 20+ ranks per group, not just 8. It's simply unfair and unrealistic, that a guild who wins only 4 battles can be Rank 6-8, while a guild who wins 6 battles, end up in maybe Iron Group.
                            However, some changes in that matching/ranking/rewarding system would be nice.

Comment

That's why I said ... NO GROUPS. Silver Group is more difficult than Diamond this time. Any sense in that? Groups are the biggest problem anyway. That would be not better, if all goes random. Randoms are completely lucky, not partly. It's a tournament, not rolling dices.
                              Without Groups it would be far more realistic. And the tricking would not lift you skyhigh, without fighting for it. On the contrary the groups could be extended to maybe 20+ ranks per group, not just 8. It's simply unfair and unrealistic, that a guild who wins only 4 battles can be Rank 6-8, while a guild who wins 6 battles, end up in maybe Iron Group.
                              However, some changes in that matching/ranking/rewarding system would be nice.
                              I don't think groups are the problem.

20+ ranks per group would mean you need at least 5 matches in the finals. To keep the same number of matches, that means you'd only have 2 preliminary rounds. And that obviously won't be very effective.

Also I don't see the 4 wins vs 6 wins to be that big of a deal. In regular guild battles, you regularly have a guild with 1 win outrank a guild with 2 wins. A win isn't independent of another win. The guild with only 4 wins ends up rank 6-8 because they won the first 4 games. They were 4 out of 4. They were undefeated. The guild with 6 wins ends up in Gold or less (not necessarily Iron Group) because they were 3 out of 4. They were defeated. It's similar to regular guild battles. A guild that is 1 for 1 will always outrank a guild that is 0 for 1. Even if the first guild loses the last two while the latter guild wins. WLL beats out LWW. And WWWWLLL beats out LWWWWWW.

Comment

Working...
                              X