Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Runaway Mage Healing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runaway Mage Healing

Something needs to be done about runaway mage healing in pvp. It is ridiculous, I knock them down to 10% health then they heal back to full with 1 huge heal or 2 medium (non-crit) heals before sylph mode. Then I knock them down to 20% or so health while in sylph mode and they shift out of sylph early, heal back up to full again and then for whatever more damage I do in sylph they heal up again. You guys need to do something about this. It's the reason my brother and so many other friends have quit the game. I would propose this:
    either,
    1. Divide their talent tree so that they can either choose healing or damage but not both. This can be accomplished simply by adding the amount of talent points needed to max out these abilities.
    or...
    2. Allow knight and archer slowing abilities like deep freeze to work again in pvp.

why u just dont steal heal with chaos rune like all other players?? chaos works prety much against us.

+ u can always steal rage and prevent healing. - if u are knight ofcourse...

deep freze works with archers , + all clases have ability to heal , and if u have sylph that can heal you to then i dont know whats problem.

China didnt change it so R2 wont either... othervise wont be same game
    Alchemist

S-287
    1M+BR Mage

Comment

Originally posted by girgle180 View Post
      why u just dont steal heal with chaos rune like all other players?? chaos works prety much against us.

deep freze works with archers , + all clases have ability to heal , and if u have sylph that can heal you to then i dont know whats problem.

There really needs to be a like button.

Comment

Originally posted by R220603854 View Post
        There really needs to be a like button.
        That's why the reputation system was implemented. *points to little star at bottom left of each post*
        "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
        and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Just like I carry purge rune to counter knights that uses shield, bring chaos to counter mages if you want

Comment

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
            Just like I carry purge rune to counter knights that uses shield, bring chaos to counter mages if you want
            I like purge and I use it in cw, I like chaos and I use it in bg. 1 works 100%, the other lets say 30% at best. So you compare these 2?
            THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

I'll start with the Chaos Rune comment: You said, "Why u just dont steal heal with chaos rune like all other players??" Even a maxed out chaos rune only works about 1/3 of the time at best and it would be pigeon-holing both knight and archer to waste a rune-slot on chaos instead of getting something better like heal and guardian runes (archers) or heal and amnesia runes (knights) while all mages would still have 2 slots for both heal and guardian rune. Also, even if chaos rune works on the 1st heal, most mages have a 2nd strong heal to follow it up if the 1st heal fails and the probability of chaos working on both heals is very slim.

2nd comment you mentioned is that "deep freeze works with archers" ~ Nope, It hasn't worked in pvp for as far back as I can remember, at least 1 year or so.

3rd comment you mentioned was that "all classes have the ability to heal". Let me start by saying that an archers bloodthirsty strike, even if it crits another player usually heals between 10-30k damage, while I've seen mage heals crit for as high as 400k so there really is no comparison. Knight's heal for 3k on every block, again no comparison.

And lastly, you said that "if you have a sylph that can heal you I don't know what the problem is." The problem is that again in an even fight between a knight/archer vs a mage where both classes are using the same sylphs, the mage would still have an overwhelming advantage as he or she can heal both in sylph mode and out of sylph mode while archers and knights can only heal up in sylph mode.

Comment

With 3 use 30 - 50% heal runes, Devil's Gaze 's healing debuff, and sylphs becoming ever more overpowered, mage healing has been steadily going downhill.

With a huge emphasis on health, crit heals are pretty much essential in order to regain a decent chunk of health.

However, yes, guardian rune is ridiculous. It should not be upgradeable to advanced.
                Mage
                L80 DSW
                IMDE

Comment

Originally posted by Asceti View Post
                  With 3 use 30 - 50% heal runes, Devil's Gaze 's healing debuff, and sylphs becoming ever more overpowered, mage healing has been steadily going downhill.

With a huge emphasis on health, crit heals are pretty much essential in order to regain a decent chunk of health.

However, yes, guardian rune is ridiculous. It should not be upgradeable to advanced.
                  Agree 100% about the guardian rune, I just don't understand why it was given advanced levels. 50% was extremely good for a skill you can throw in front of your opponent's delphic.

But I don't see mage heals going downhill at all. If anything, they're getting stronger and stronger over time, especially in 1-on-1 pvp. I don't know how they balance it in the Chinese version, because the current trend will lead to heal values going up at a much higher rate than damage values, putting mages well above anyone else. Since dimension resistance was introduced, even suntoria has become very difficult to overcome against a similar strength mage. Averaging a lot over 20k hits in hero mode just isn't easy any more vs. a similar br opponent.

The fact that most mages still pack heal runes just shows how valuable healing is, so runes alone don't really change the situation. And sylphs cut both ways; it's a lot easier for a mage to go into sylph mode with full health and still have that heal rune ready to go, while the non-mage has been whittled down by a few attacks.

Without heals, mages would be at a massive disadvantage, though, so it won't work to take them away. And in group events they're pretty reasonably balanced (as long as both sides have a mage), and vitally necessary in pve. So I have no idea what the solution is, just that the current trend is very bleak for knights & archers.

Comment

dont forget , that mages have much les base HP than Archers and Knights , mages are only clas that have low critical rate. some mages are very strong , why ? - they have maxed out Aegis.. one of strongest sylph... it rise PDEF , can extra heal and prevent others to crit heal...

suntoria dont have to big role here , if mage dont have atleast 500-600K HP + any archer can remove that with SS or knight with purge and even make it reversable with blood rune
                    Alchemist

S-287
                    1M+BR Mage

Comment

I don't see that big of a deal on mage heals tbh (except for being boring when someone keep healing over and over without doing any damage and wasting both players time), maybe sunt should have a cap but other then that i'm fine with restore (and if a mage use bl against me he's not gonna do any damage to me before sylph, lb is just too weak of a skill), what i don't like is guardian rune, when adv maxed is way too op and that should for sure get nerfed.

Comment

dont forget , that mages have much les base HP than Archers and Knights , mages are only clas that have low critical rate. some mages are very strong , why ? - they have maxed out Aegis.. one of strongest sylph... it rise PDEF , can extra heal and prevent others to crit heal...

suntoria dont have to big role here , if mage dont have atleast 500-600K HP + any archer can remove that with SS or knight with purge and even make it reversable with blood rune
                        Agreed on less hp but low crit rate? Dafuq? Only archer have crit boost on their skill so that's wrong. Aegis has strong and helpfull skill but his passive is kinda useless because hercules +5% atk is better and will be even more the more atk everyone get.
                        Suntoria not to big role? lol it can go up to 30/40k dude, that's pretty much not getting any damage for 5 turn. And about ss, if that rune was able to remove guardian i'd carry it all day in bg but as it is now it's pretty much useless, better have chaos and mess up with mage heals/knight apollo (there are still some that like to use it before pet).

Comment

Bloody hell no more nurfing ****
                          WARTUNE KABAM PLAYER S12

In-game Name: ♥Rainbow♥

Guild Name: Legends

Class : Archer

Comment

I as mage really cant do much dmg with rain of fire or meteor against ppl who have my br 480k br (thunder ok but than 2 or 3 turns lighting bolt only to rise rage for heals)

Mages are squishy class that need to deal with 2 patk class and with no 20% hp passive like other 2 classes and with lowest pdef

my main source of dmg is sylph cuz u cant spam thunder and have rage for bl sun restor

i as mage carry chaos all the time just for mages and guardian rune

Comment

By the time everyone done with complaints, all will just auto shoot themselves to death.
                              yes bc that will happen..right /sarcasm
                              [morfinnor]
                              Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Working...
                              X