Runaway Mage Healing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daunapu View Post
    I see you like to write much, probably talk much too, but why most of it must be completely irrelevant or examples that will NEVER happen? 900% damage in 3 shots, heals and so on....

Your triton knight will die in 2 max 3 hercules skills, seen so many optimists like you, nothing to do with resistance.
    Spoken like someone who's already been beaten by their own pessimism.

It's a shame you're one of those insecure types of people that feels the need to criticize someone for no reason. It's funny that, for some reason, Mage Heals are all OP, but the huge HP Knights w/ Triton are being one-shot when the Triton heals a ton better on a Knight (+25% w/ Passives & Higher Critical Heal Rate) than a Mage heals on himself - and the Heals have better CDs and are Rage Free. Oh, and you'd presumable awaken under an Apollo so you're also taking 30% less damage for 4 turns.

Tell me, why aren't you pulling the one-shot on the Mage after he's wasted the first minute healing himself and rage gaining? Is it that nasty Guardian Rune? Here's a hint... Shock Chain will almost always fish the Guardian out, because MDef is debuffed 30%. Lead Jupiter and then Shock Chain, Drop a Thundering Strike and another Jupiter's Wrath on the Guardian and save the Delphic for when it clears. The debuff will still be there and you've built your damage stack to 20%+ most likely. And if said Mage has kept the Guardian available for Delphic Countering, guess what? you've already done 867% Damage on a building damage stack, mostly under a 30% MDef Debuff. If you didn't already kill the Mage, you weren't gonna 1-shot him with the Delphic.

So much hypocracy. So unwilling to step a little out of your comfort zone and do something other than max damage w/ Hercules. You're the exact reason that everyone is running 2+ Elec Dims and 5 High Level Elec Resist Crystals. You realize NO ONE has Water Resist right now. If you had a 1K Elec Resist and ran Triton you'd be dominating because your Reduce Resist would turn the non-existant Water Resist into a massive damage amplification.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
      Mages above a certain br don't use hercs anymore... They're simply outclassed by dark sylphs.
      Yes and No. Hercules is still the best damage doer, BUT, everyone has a ton of Electric Resist, so it's not that good in PvP anymore. People are so set in their ways using Hercules they've become immutable and won't change it even when they see they're barely scratching an equal BR opponent with high Electric Resist.

Those that say resist doesn't matter are just trying to soothe themselves. It's probably the biggest factor in PvP right now because it can reasonably flex one from reducing damage by 90% (yes, 90%) to amplifying damage by the same amount.

There's no way I should be able to beat the likes of Fractorus or Elitank - but I have when they've got Electro Sylphs on. Those same players with any other Sylph - even a non-max one, would wreck me just based on the difference of our BR and how set up I am to resist Elec and little else. But because Hercules (and now quite a few Zeus) make up like 80% of the pets out there, it's kind of a no-brainer to stack it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorich View Post
        Spoken like someone who's already been beaten by their own pessimism.

It's a shame you're one of those insecure types of people that feels the need to criticize someone for no reason. It's funny that, for some reason, Mage Heals are all OP, but the huge HP Knights w/ Triton are being one-shot when the Triton heals a ton better on a Knight (+25% w/ Passives & Higher Critical Heal Rate) than a Mage heals on himself - and the Heals have better CDs and are Rage Free. Oh, and you'd presumable awaken under an Apollo so you're also taking 30% less damage for 4 turns.

Tell me, why aren't you pulling the one-shot on the Mage after he's wasted the first minute healing himself and rage gaining? Is it that nasty Guardian Rune? Here's a hint... Shock Chain will almost always fish the Guardian out, because MDef is debuffed 30%. Lead Jupiter and then Shock Chain, Drop a Thundering Strike and another Jupiter's Wrath on the Guardian and save the Delphic for when it clears. The debuff will still be there and you've built your damage stack to 20%+ most likely. And if said Mage has kept the Guardian available for Delphic Countering, guess what? you've already done 867% Damage on a building damage stack, mostly under a 30% MDef Debuff. If you didn't already kill the Mage, you weren't gonna 1-shot him with the Delphic.

So much hypocracy. So unwilling to step a little out of your comfort zone and do something other than max damage w/ Hercules. You're the exact reason that everyone is running 2+ Elec Dims and 5 High Level Elec Resist Crystals. You realize NO ONE has Water Resist right now. If you had a 1K Elec Resist and ran Triton you'd be dominating because your Reduce Resist would turn the non-existant Water Resist into a massive damage amplification.
        Lol, what pessimism you see here?

In every thread you keep giving ridiculous examples that either lack half of the story behind the real fight or are things that will happen one time in a million.

And stop giving triton for a good PVP sylph example, it is not, every hercules player even lower br will destroy it.

And those high resistence numbers you randomly put - no one can do them, unless very very VERY lucky with map drops, so thats what? 1 person out of 1000 or 10 000?

All these words you keep pouring all the time, in your head they might have some sense, in reality its just gibberish. But you look like someone who just enjoys listening to himself, so good for you.

And stick to your mage, you were the one who was using ult slasher on his knight "just to gain rage"
        THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Oh, and you'd presumable awaken under an Apollo so you're also taking 30% less damage for 4 turns.
          Except you know, awaken counts as an "attack" so - 1 turn, if you want to rune - 1 turn, so you get 30% damage reduction for 2 turns, maybe 3, you heal -1 turn, by the time that herc delphic comes around, GGWPRIP. So nice in theory, but what do you know not everything is as practical in real time.

Comment

Yes and No. Hercules is still the best damage doer, BUT, everyone has a ton of Electric Resist, so it's not that good in PvP anymore. People are so set in their ways using Hercules they've become immutable and won't change it even when they see they're barely scratching an equal BR opponent with high Electric Resist.

Those that say resist doesn't matter are just trying to soothe themselves. It's probably the biggest factor in PvP right now because it can reasonably flex one from reducing damage by 90% (yes, 90%) to amplifying damage by the same amount.

There's no way I should be able to beat the likes of Fractorus or Elitank - but I have when they've got Electro Sylphs on. Those same players with any other Sylph - even a non-max one, would wreck me just based on the difference of our BR and how set up I am to resist Elec and little else. But because Hercules (and now quite a few Zeus) make up like 80% of the pets out there, it's kind of a no-brainer to stack it.
            First, I really don't think hercs make up 80% of the sylphs out there. Maybe we're talking about a different be bracket.

Most people above 550k+ have switched to dark. Because of guardian runes, people have opt for sylphs with stronger normal skills than one big Delphic.

I for one only have 3 electro resist gems nowadays. The rest are dark, light, and wind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
              Except you know, awaken counts as an "attack" so - 1 turn, if you want to rune - 1 turn, so you get 30% damage reduction for 2 turns, maybe 3, you heal -1 turn, by the time that herc delphic comes around, GGWPRIP. So nice in theory, but what do you know not everything is as practical in real time.
              Cold hard truth right there.

Comment

And those high resistence numbers you randomly put - no one can do them, unless very very VERY lucky with map drops, so thats what? 1 person out of 1000 or 10 000?
                With people having 5 dimensions open all the time it's quite easy to stack exactly the element you want for basic and intermediate. Luck helps you a bit if you're going for advanced and expert but it's quite doable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirahago View Post
                  With people having 5 dimensions open all the time it's quite easy to stack exactly the element you want for basic and intermediate. Luck helps you a bit if you're going for advanced and expert but it's quite doable.
                  So please explain how easy it is to to have an advanced and expert dimension of the element you want all the time to have such high resistance of around 1k even without the corresponding sylph?

Comment

So please explain how easy it is to to have an advanced and expert dimension of the element you want all the time to have such high resistance of around 1k even without the corresponding sylph?
                    This:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Resists.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1709945

Is this easy:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Dimensions.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1709946

My vault & mailbox combined are sitting on 44 Intermediate, 9 Advanced and 2 Expert Dims of varying types. I had stacked my Adv and Expert Dims until I knew CSGB would come around again. Before that I was just using Intermediates and selling Basics. I'll probably go back to all intermediates as these expire since I really don't care about BG compared to CSGB and I've found, personally, that I get much better dim chest drops from Intermediate Rewards.

Comment

My vault & mailbox combined are sitting on 44 Intermediate, 9 Advanced and 2 Expert Dims of varying types.
                      This sounds easy, i bet everyone has it. Please just shut up now.

Comment

• I can tell for certain that you certainly don't have it and therefore by your logic it is extremely unfair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                          Awaken is an attack. It's a 100% Damage AoE attack. Sorry you're doing rage-gaining free damage and all. But I forget - a Knight's basic rage-gaining attacks are 132% (+25 Rage) and 150% +25% QTE (+10 Rage). Us lowly Mages are stuck with a 110% Attack for +18 Rage. So sorry if that free 100% Damage Attack that gets us back 12 Rage isn't pretty great for us when it's just an inconvenience for you. Jeez.

And what rune are you blindly using on awaken? Why not Apollo + Awaken and stay out of speed-cast. Remember, the Triton has extended awakening because they don't lose as many awakening pts. They get 2 extra moves, sometimes 1 in lag. You can still do all 7 Triton Attacks outside of speed cast. And the funny thing is that when someone is speed-casting and uses a Guardian and you're not speed casting, it only lasts long enough to protect against 1 attack. Remember that Guardian duration is for 2 actions by the caster, not 2 attacks from the defender.

I don't think having a default-rune maneuver on awaken is a good tactic outside of PvE. If you're not adjusting to your opponent on the fly, you're setting yourself up to take a loss.

And lastly - as a preemptive to daunapu - I have done this. This is not conjecture or speculation. This has been done and works, very well actually. My own alt Knight's Triton isn't fully outfitted yet, but I have done this repeatedly in BG with a friend's (at the time) 550k Knight. He's now 625k and has fully abandoned Hercules in PvP opting for Athena or Triton.

Comment

This sounds easy, i bet everyone has it. Please just shut up now.
                            Actually, more than you think are running 2-3 Electro Dimensions. Yeah, not everyone has an expert - and not everyone has all L7 Crystals - but people learned pretty fast that the best way to make Advanced Dimension Chests is by cycling Intermediate Dimensions - NOT by popping an Advanced Dimension.

I've run through maybe 8 Adv Dims over the past 2 1/2 months and to this point have only had 2 drops of Adv Coordinate Chests. When I was doing 5 Intermediates I was getting at least 1 Adv Dimension Chest a week, once as many as 5 in a 7-day span. Maybe that coincides with the Dimension Rewards Nerf - but I don't know for sure at this point.

I do believe if you're patient and realize that while you're cycling Intermediates you're not going to be a world beater, it will allow you to build for times that you really want the resists of your choice. If you keep popping Adv Dimensions just because you have them and want to reap the daily benefit of extra mahra and sep - then you're setting yourself up to be weaker at critical times, or at least have your resists left to a greater degree of chance.

Identify when you want to have your resists pinned and WORK towards it. Put a strategy together for it. The irony here is that I've been trying to communicate Strategy to you on multiple points that I've personally implemented and succeeded with - and you just can't accept them. Don't take my advice if you don't want - but it's fairly childish to scream unfairness when you won't try what others have done that works.

Comment

• Can you quickly use guardian rune before any Delphic? Yes. Can you use appolo's shield right before any Delphic? No. I have no clue why people still trying to compare those 2 things. Not to mention, mages/archers can cast guardian rune when they want, us knights? No. Ok, going to wait until my opponent morph, after going to wait until he cast Delphic, after, going to cast appolo's shield, oh wait, appolo's shield has one long casting time? Wait what opponent use Delphic before I use appolo's shield, what kind of sorcery is this! Oh and, yeah using the morph function to do weak damages and waste one turn on your appolo's shield, really useful. About dimensions, I only have basics, so, I don't live in this casher world, so, those solutions only work for like 10% of the players lol
                              Last edited by Eskendal; 03-20-2015, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Zorich, cya in 30 days when those dimension expire If you have the luck to drop dimension from chest doesn't mean everyone has, for example i got so far 1 expert from 2 advanced i did, no advanced dropped, no advanced from int in the last 2 month since drop was nerfed. So yeah, gl keeping res that high

Also

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                                Awaken is an attack. It's a 100% Damage AoE attack. Sorry you're doing rage-gaining free damage and all. But I forget - a Knight's basic rage-gaining attacks are 132% (+25 Rage) and 150% +25% QTE (+10 Rage). Us lowly Mages are stuck with a 110% Attack for +18 Rage. So sorry if that free 100% Damage Attack that gets us back 12 Rage isn't pretty great for us when it's just an inconvenience for you. Jeez.

And what rune are you blindly using on awaken? Why not Apollo + Awaken and stay out of speed-cast. Remember, the Triton has extended awakening because they don't lose as many awakening pts. They get 2 extra moves, sometimes 1 in lag. You can still do all 7 Triton Attacks outside of speed cast. And the funny thing is that when someone is speed-casting and uses a Guardian and you're not speed casting, it only lasts long enough to protect against 1 attack. Remember that Guardian duration is for 2 actions by the caster, not 2 attacks from the defender.

I don't think having a default-rune maneuver on awaken is a good tactic outside of PvE. If you're not adjusting to your opponent on the fly, you're setting yourself up to take a loss.

And lastly - as a preemptive to daunapu - I have done this. This is not conjecture or speculation. This has been done and works, very well actually. My own alt Knight's Triton isn't fully outfitted yet, but I have done this repeatedly in BG with a friend's (at the time) 550k Knight. He's now 625k and has fully abandoned Hercules in PvP opting for Athena or Triton.
                                This whole reply is dumb, wraith point was that apollo doesn't last 4 turn while on pet mode but it's a 2 turn top and noone is gonna use delphic in the first 2 turn so it's pretty much useless.

Comment

Working...
                                X