Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Runaway Mage Healing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • back then, peole used to complain knights are OP.
    then, its archer's that's become the next target complaints.
    and now, it's mage's turn.
    i have a feeling that it will be knights again next year.
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

    Comment


    • Oh shush, yes mage overhealing is annoying, i normally only BL before sylphing and chuck a heal rune after... i don't do long battles! But to nerf mages... we are nerfed enough... we should nerf guardian rune and also that silly bubble shield all you knights have and archers should just be nerfed full stop, they damage my calm with their no time cooldowns and uber hits that make me feel like all the time and effort i spent in this game working on my defence was absolutely meaningless, unless they are a squishy archer!

      Use chaos rune imo, 90% of the time if i am chaos'ed when BL, i heal them... it's annoying for me, but that's the game. Oh and you could try hitting them harder, that always works!
      Wartune
      IGN: Decima
      Guild: Elysium
      Server: S5 (Europe)
      Class: Mage (Level 80)

      Winterfrost Legacy *shakes fist at Ginba*
      IGN : Decima (spotting a trend?)
      Server : 59 (Europe)
      Class : Nooby sissy shaman!

      Comment


      • f

        to beat a top mage u need to have at least 50 - 100kbr more than him and proper runes. its pointless to argue about it. mages are the strongest class now with this shi ty evolved rune system that give you on guardian rune so muc def.
        Last edited by kilax24; 03-11-2015, 04:55 AM.

        Comment


        • Husband speaking for wife? (yeah I did check her profile and saw the name on the ring)

          If what we see daily on cross-server rankings is what her normal PvP set up is, then she is like a brick wall so she could save all the healing and just go do damage.

          Originally posted by bcdaedalus View Post
          ask people like illyanna ( top ranked archers or some top ranked knights on east ) how they get on fighting ivegotaname (2nd ranked mage this time in classwars ) a few of them don't even make it to sylph mode mages have plenty of damage if you no how to play

          Comment


          • That's what I meant. Sorry it wasn't stated clearly in my previous post. Been up overnight doing work so a bit distracted.

            Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
            it doesnt work on skills ment for player only, you can still chaos knight apollo shield if troops are dead, same goes for mage's sunt and bl.

            Comment


            • 90%? That's very interesting. I have maxed Chaos rune on one toon (knight). On average it works to our advantage less than half the time. Maybe I'm just not lucky enough to get it to do me a favor half the time, which is what it's supposed to do.

              Originally posted by Deeelinquent View Post
              Use chaos rune imo, 90% of the time if i am chaos'ed when BL, i heal them...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                back then, peole used to complain knights are OP.
                then, its archer's that's become the next target complaints.
                and now, it's mage's turn.
                i have a feeling that it will be knights again next year.
                Knights were nerfed with the additions of matk sylphs and guardian rune to the game.
                Archers felt the nerf bat when they took away deep freeze' slowing effects in pvp.
                Now it's mages that need some toning down in pvp.

                I'm not saying that they should take away their healing in pvp altogether, but it does need to be toned down. They shouldn't be healing for 150-300k with restoration (which is on a 15 second cooldown btw) and then another 300-500k with blessed light. It's absolutely an insane amount of healing power. You have to kill a mage 2 or 3 times it seems and they only have to kill you once.
                Last edited by OhBummer; 03-11-2015, 12:39 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                  Husband speaking for wife? (yeah I did check her profile and saw the name on the ring)

                  If what we see daily on cross-server rankings is what her normal PvP set up is, then she is like a brick wall so she could save all the healing and just go do damage.
                  no no wife speaking for wife XD both female toons

                  Comment


                  • While we're at it, let's nerf heal rune for knights. Seeing a knight drop a 250k heal right before i delph is beyond annoying.

                    Wait, I have an idea. It's a brilliant idea. A total game changer. Let's remove all heals from the game entirely.
                    Name: Phoenixia
                    Server: R2 S-319
                    Class: Mage
                    BR: 911k
                    Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                    Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by rangelaeyes View Post
                      While we're at it, let's nerf heal rune for knights. Seeing a knight drop a 250k heal right before i delph is beyond annoying.

                      Wait, I have an idea. It's a brilliant idea. A total game changer. Let's remove all heals from the game entirely.
                      It's interesting to see a lot of sarcasm like this from mages; however, I've yet to see a single good argument as to why mages need this much of an advantage in being able to heal 75% of their matk with restoration and and 90% of their matk with blessed light in pvp, not one good argument. It's always just sarcastic remarks like this: "oh lets just take healing out of the game entirely har har har."

                      How about adding an ability (just 1 ability on a 15 sec cooldown like restoration) that allows knights and archers to heal 75% of their patk to balance things out a bit.... I know this will never happen but see I can use sarcasm too.
                      Last edited by OhBummer; 03-12-2015, 06:24 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by kilax24 View Post
                        to beat a top mage u need to have at least 50 - 100kbr more than him and proper runes. its pointless to argue about it. mages are the strongest class now with this shi ty evolved rune system that give you on guardian rune so muc def.
                        If guardian rune is your only argument, then you need "50-100k BR" more to beat archers too.

                        Originally posted by OhBummer View Post
                        How about adding an ability (just 1 ability on a 15 sec cooldown like restoration) that allows knights and archers to heal 75% of their patk to balance things out a bit.... I know this will never happen but see I can use sarcasm too.
                        Knights/Archers can have a heal as long as we get a shield, high single-target dps skills, a useful delphic and non-trash advanced skills.
                        Last edited by Shirahago; 03-12-2015, 10:18 AM.

                        Comment


                        • I was leading up to something in my last post, but I've already forgotten where I was going with it. In the long run, if mage heals get nerfed into the ground, there would be no purpose to grouping with mages for multiplayer runs. Then they would also have to nerf the heals of Iris, the life leech heal of Hades/Gaia's Devour Soul, Hercules' Thunder Ablution, and Athena's Helios Blessing and Holy Vow. Oh, and Archers Bloodthirster or whatever it's called.

                          This is the paper, rock scissors effect we would see from trying to rebalance it all. The only way to see any balance at all, is to nerf ALL healing into the ground. If that happened though, Mages would need a buff in another place, such as HP, since mage HP is ridiculously low.
                          Name: Phoenixia
                          Server: R2 S-319
                          Class: Mage
                          BR: 911k
                          Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                          Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

                          Comment


                          • If you knew anything about mages, you'd know everyone uses the salvation talent, which increases heals to 60%+ which is what you're seeing, but increases the cd by 14s at level 10.

                            I'll reiterate my earlier point - health increases much more than anything else due to sylphs. Heals increased at the start of the game as people upgraded salvation. Then there was a jump as people converted to crit and crit heals became much more common. With no other boost for heals on the horizon, they will quickly decrease in potency as the game goes on and R2 piles on the sylph br.

                            In future, when you heal rune and sylph at full health, and the mage heals through your opening skills & delphic, sylphs at full health with sunt applied, then proceeds to rip you apart, I suggest you give props to them for being either much more powerful, or much more skilled than you. It's not easy
                            Mage
                            L80 DSW
                            1250k
                            IMDE

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by rangelaeyes View Post
                              I was leading up to something in my last post, but I've already forgotten where I was going with it. In the long run, if mage heals get nerfed into the ground, there would be no purpose to grouping with mages for multiplayer runs. Then they would also have to nerf the heals of Iris, the life leech heal of Hades/Gaia's Devour Soul, Hercules' Thunder Ablution, and Athena's Helios Blessing and Holy Vow. Oh, and Archers Bloodthirster or whatever it's called.

                              This is the paper, rock scissors effect we would see from trying to rebalance it all. The only way to see any balance at all, is to nerf ALL healing into the ground. If that happened though, Mages would need a buff in another place, such as HP, since mage HP is ridiculously low.
                              What mages in multiplayer? Where do you need a mage? And why do you bring pve in a pvp topic?
                              THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by rangelaeyes View Post
                                I was leading up to something in my last post, but I've already forgotten where I was going with it. In the long run, if mage heals get nerfed into the ground, there would be no purpose to grouping with mages for multiplayer runs. Then they would also have to nerf the heals of Iris, the life leech heal of Hades/Gaia's Devour Soul, Hercules' Thunder Ablution, and Athena's Helios Blessing and Holy Vow. Oh, and Archers Bloodthirster or whatever it's called.

                                This is the paper, rock scissors effect we would see from trying to rebalance it all. The only way to see any balance at all, is to nerf ALL healing into the ground. If that happened though, Mages would need a buff in another place, such as HP, since mage HP is ridiculously low.
                                Bloodthirsty strike and devour soul heals by a percentage of the damage done and when you are fighting someone with greater or equal strength to you those heals are not enough compared to the massive crit heals I see so your point here is weak. I dont really care if they nerf mages heals or not anymore but us archers and knights have been getting harse treatments over these few months
                                IGN: princestewii
                                Class: Archer
                                Server: Kabam 86

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X