Runaway Mage Healing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightfish View Post
    I as mage really cant do much dmg with rain of fire or meteor against ppl who have my br 480k br (thunder ok but than 2 or 3 turns lighting bolt only to rise rage for heals)

Mages are squishy class that need to deal with 2 patk class and with no 20% hp passive like other 2 classes and with lowest pdef

my main source of dmg is sylph cuz u cant spam thunder and have rage for bl sun restor

i as mage carry chaos all the time just for mages and guardian rune
    That's kinda my point, no one's doing enough damage to finish a fight in hero mode (unless there's a big power imbalance), so it's always about the sylph kills. Mages can fully recover hp between sylph rounds, if it goes on for more than one, which is a huge advantage, and more likely with stronger, closely matched chars.

As for this:
    Originally posted by girgle180 View Post
    suntoria dont have to big role here , if mage dont have atleast 500-600K HP + any archer can remove that with SS or knight with purge and even make it reversable with blood rune
    Blood rune is a lot less than suntoria for even weak mages, until it gets into very high multiplier stages. And bringing a purge rune is a trade-off that's not a good one to make. Chaos will be potentially effective against any heal and sunto is only the third-biggest one they have (typically), and amnesia can cut off any healing, with a little luck. A knight or archer not bringing a heal rune is suicidal. So purge is just too specific to be reliably good to bring. Unless you are a mage, then you could consider it, I guess, but given the other options, it seems pretty dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by girgle180 View Post
      why u just dont steal heal with chaos rune like all other players?? chaos works prety much against us.
      In my experience, Chaos stealing heals only works if there is more than one target on the healer's side. I have yet to see that rune do anything useful besides damage when there's only the target of chaos alive in BGs, ToK or arenas. Ditto the Hades/Gaia passive.
      IGN: TreeTopper
      Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
      Guild: ESKReborn
      Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
      Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

Comment

Originally posted by ATreeTopper View Post
        In my experience, Chaos stealing heals only works if there is more than one target on the healer's side. I have yet to see that rune do anything useful besides damage when there's only the target of chaos alive in BGs, ToK or arenas. Ditto the Hades/Gaia passive.
        chaos works 1 on 1 I stole zillion times heal from enemy mage ....I forced them with 2/3 of hp to went to sylph mode in order to avoid healing me

Comment

I will cut to the chase
          If even br it is irrating for a mage to take down archer it is irrating for an archer to take down knight it is irrating for a knight to take down mage

If even with even br + - 5 k br if uneven skill ( meaning u guardian rune without tatics u sylph without 50 % u got chaos u got amnesia in the worst of times )
          Its anybody game

Its the cycle and rotation of skills that u input that matters
          and the ability to read further what ur opposition decide to use and counter it

and of coz NOBODY can win if u are down on luck
          illusion on sylph Delphic + got deflection 100 k hp damage on 100 % time counter at the same time

U LOSE

Side note
          Heal might seems super OP on the first glance
          When ur br is almost similar ur damage increase with time counter
          But will healing increase ? NOPE

That's the feed back on imba healing
          U move to kill blow when u got 50 % or 100 % damage increase
          When the mage use heal ... he only handicaps himself further

U see only trees but u did not discover the forest
          There is a bit more on the disadvantages on healing
          But why should I tell u more

Discover it on urself or ... better yet train a mage then complain about it
          Last edited by Xeptone; 03-04-2015, 01:06 AM.

Comment

mire and deep freeze should work as their stated effects

Comment

they do not and have not for a long time

Comment

Originally posted by Xeptone View Post
                I will cut to the chase
                If even br it is irrating for a mage to take down archer it is irrating for an archer to take down knight it is irrating for a knight to take down mage

Side note
                Heal might seems super OP on the first glance
                When ur br is almost similar ur damage increase with time counter
                But will healing increase ? NOPE

That's the feed back on imba healing
                U move to kill blow when u got 50 % or 100 % damage increase
                When the mage use heal ... he only handicaps himself further
                Do archers really pose more of a threat to mages these days? The sylph type should matter way, way more than class.

And yes, damage does increase with the multiplier, while heals do not, but if you're not finishing the fight in the 50% range, the healer has a big advantage, recovering the hp lost to the sylph attacks. If I'm fighting a mage, and we're doing low to moderate damage to each other, the mage will win nearly every time. As long as I can do high damage, even if only in sylph mode, I have a decent chance of winning.
                So the root of the problem is really the crazy element resistance system that makes us do so little damage. Heals matter a lot less if you're only recovering 2-4 rounds of damage, rather than 8-10.

Comment

At the end of the day, damage done before pets is almost irrelevant....and yeah, with the guardian rune, mages who heal a lot and well and can reduce the damage taken on pet Delphic with the rune, they are tougher now....no question about it....but hey, deal with it.

Comment

im fenrir and im a mage (hey fen).

And i hate mages who overheal, why? cz battles last much longer than they would otherwise. i think that overhealing might have some advantage and it could help you in the slightest bit with small difference in equal str (let's say 20k difference when both are around 360k+) so the advantage of overhealing isn't very useful imo as a tactic.

like i said im a mage, and i do my healing, do i overheal? well sometimes i do but i dont equip bl, heal rune or whatsoever. my main and only heals are sunto and resto. cz i dont like heal fights myself as i can pretty dominate in general well in bg without. however i see plenty of knights typing angry to stop us from doing what we're supposed to do while they're busy casting their shields:P

Many ppl here suggested you to take chaos (to counter heals). you refuse, what does it say? it says sth about you and only you. you refuse to change any strategy and just complain. strategy can help you win battles, if you refuse to change tactics and you lose, why complain? i know what you will say, but still it's your final decision to not counter that. in fact why not use amnesia just before awaken? mages tend to save the heals just before awaken so why not use your amensia as well?

let's purely look at the dmg aspect, if you cant kill someone in sylph with 1 delphic and 2 other skills, in general you would be equally matched imo. i think heal strategy slightly outweighs in that situation, nothing more.

Comment

Chaos is useless if you're fighting an archer and mostly useless fighting a knight. So refusing to bring chaos is smart...unless you're in mage CW or something. My only problem with "overhealing" is it drags out a fight. It may change the outcome, but it usually doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                        My only problem with "overhealing" is it drags out a fight. It may change the outcome, but it usually doesn't.
                        ^^ I agree with this mainly. Idc for mages healing when they're actually challenging or a good fight

but when I go into BG like last 5 mins an trying to get 50 pts and then hit some weak mage that one attack does 60-70% dmg to them and they immediately heal up and then have to waste another attack and then they BL and heal rune and ******* are you kidding me. A fight that could've ended in 20-30 secs ends up lasting a min an do that over an over an over again, just pointless waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                          Chaos is useless if you're fighting an archer and mostly useless fighting a knight. So refusing to bring chaos is smart...unless you're in mage CW or something. My only problem with "overhealing" is it drags out a fight. It may change the outcome, but it usually doesn't.
                          Good post....exactly....

People who lose fights always find something...it's the yellow astrals, it's the healing, it's the guardian rune, blah blah blah.....while at the end, it's about you adapt to new things and change your strategy.

Comment

Mages need to be nerfed on the healing. Only an idiot or mage will disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by OhBummer View Post
                              Something needs to be done about runaway mage healing in pvp. It is ridiculous, I knock them down to 10% health then they heal back to full with 1 huge heal or 2 medium (non-crit) heals before sylph mode. Then I knock them down to 20% or so health while in sylph mode and they shift out of sylph early, heal back up to full again and then for whatever more damage I do in sylph they heal up again. You guys need to do something about this. It's the reason my brother and so many other friends have quit the game. I would propose this:
                              either,
                              1. Divide their talent tree so that they can either choose healing or damage but not both. This can be accomplished simply by adding the amount of talent points needed to max out these abilities.
                              or...
                              2. Allow knight and archer slowing abilities like deep freeze to work again in pvp.
                              If you can't kill mages in one hit, you're obviously not hitting hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfish View Post
                                chaos works 1 on 1 I stole zillion times heal from enemy mage ....I forced them with 2/3 of hp to went to sylph mode in order to avoid healing me
                                Not to disagree with your experiences, but every time I have seen even lvl 10 Chaos runes used, if the one hit with chaos type effects were alone, their skills functioned normally. This includes lone knights without troops using Apollo Shield and archers using Scatter Shot, not just lone mages throwing whatever heal spells they could. I do think healing should be capped at some point, mostly because knights and archers felt the nerf treatment, though as someone posted, I suppose I'm not hitting the local mage hard enough. To date, the only viable strategies against the heal-o-matics seems to be either stun them before they begin mega healing (Holy Seal, Delphic Star Destroyer) or hit them with Amnesia rune or Herc/Eve's Jupiter's Wrath (and pray you knock out healing).
                                IGN: TreeTopper
                                Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
                                Guild: ESKReborn
                                Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
                                Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

Comment

Working...
                                X