Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xeptone View Post
    errr

as u grow stronger ur attack grow stronger too >>> crit passive work more for archer
    as u grow more hp the more shield bubble can take before broken the more the hp passive of 20 % adds on to knights and archer

100 k >> add 20 k hp total 20 k to shield bubble
    that's what I mean runaway

OP HEAL what op heal ? op heal is only when mage crit heal
    so take that away no problem mage still only heals like 150 k without crit every 29 sec with restoration

But in exchange take away those passive from archer and knights

BY THE WAY U NOTICE I NEVER SAY TAKE AWAY THE PDEF PASSIVE OF KNIGHTS AND ARCHERS
    so dun ram me with take away mdef passive of mages

U want to retify the problem of healing so do it
    Dun mess this up with guardian rune since archer are able to use it too

not sure where you get such low numbers just had a mage heal 256k 298k and 412k all within 5 turns and i do plenty of damage so not sure how one would keep up with that and of course they still have a heal rune waiting

Comment

• thank u for stating that out

u see I lay a trap already and u sprung it

100 k add 20 k hp total 20 k to shield bubble

U SEE 100k hp knights around lately ??

WHY u did not ask where got such a knight around with such low hp ??

further proves the point

U PPL only see and argue what u wanted to see and argue

why did u only see that 150k heal restoration ??

I say u are wearing tinted sunglass to make that arguement
      Last edited by Xeptone; 03-18-2015, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• where do you get your low heal numbers ??? i dont see any mages healing that low in temple . but done argueing i have spoken with my wallet , other than vip and covenant R2 gets no more of my money if they leave things as they are i will have more money to tip the bartender ,

Comment

• Originally posted by KS222 View Post
          Strawman argument. Rephrase what the person said into something you consider already dis-proven, then disregard everything they said because in your mind its already been proven wrong.

If heal spam is so OP, great, amazing, awesome, a truly insurmountable winning stroke, why do we not have bgs and fire temples full of Triton users? Seriously now. You are complaining about OP heals, but everyone has access to OP heals; go crit and use Triton, OP heals shall be yours! Think about it. Anyone can have OP heals, regardless of class, but they choose not to. Why do so many pass up this amazing opportunity to wield this supposedly ever so OP weapon of massive, crazy heals?

As I've already stated, I'm a mage and I go light on heals. Heal spam extends the fight but does not win it. Bringing the extra dps tips the balance in my favor when I fight mages who go max heal instead. The only time I go massive heal is for porcupine defense when being farmed by a stronger player. I find those 5-10 minute long troll fights to be highly effective for discouraging further attacks.
          Look, it's quite simple: My 20% hp boost gives me 100k more health than mages at my BR. Equal BR mages restoration crit heals them for over 300k and their blessed light crit heals them for between 400-500k and yes I use guardian angel rune, their heals still mostly crit. Okay, so that's my 100k more health compared to a class that can heal roughly 1,000,000 health every 60 seconds (resto 2 x 30 sec & blessed light 1 x 60 sec).

Now on these forums, I've heard people say stuff like, "mage healing is not OP in PvP" and "stop whining and deal with it." These people are either totally ignorant or totally bias based on the fact that they don't want their class to be nerfed in pvp. But it needs to be nerfed in pvp and it needs to be done soon or all you will see will be mages doing pvp in this game. I'm already starting to see this shift, mainly in Flame Temple.
          Last edited by OhBummer; 03-18-2015, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Strawman argument. Rephrase what the person said into something you consider already dis-proven, then disregard everything they said because in your mind its already been proven wrong.

If heal spam is so OP, great, amazing, awesome, a truly insurmountable winning stroke, why do we not have bgs and fire temples full of Triton users? Seriously now. You are complaining about OP heals, but everyone has access to OP heals; go crit and use Triton, OP heals shall be yours! Think about it. Anyone can have OP heals, regardless of class, but they choose not to. Why do so many pass up this amazing opportunity to wield this supposedly ever so OP weapon of massive, crazy heals?

As I've already stated, I'm a mage and I go light on heals. Heal spam extends the fight but does not win it. Bringing the extra dps tips the balance in my favor when I fight mages who go max heal instead. The only time I go massive heal is for porcupine defense when being farmed by a stronger player. I find those 5-10 minute long troll fights to be highly effective for discouraging further attacks.
            If triton was weak to medusa instead of hercules, u'd see 99% of player with triton in bg.

Comment

• Originally posted by OhBummer View Post
              Look, it's quite simple: My 20% hp boost gives me 100k more health than mages at my BR. Equal BR Mages restoration crit heals them for over 300k and their blessed light crit heals them for between 400-500k and yes I use guardian angel rune, their heals still mostly crit. Okay, so that's my 100k more health compared to a class that can heal roughly 1,100,000 (resto 2 x 30 sec & blessed light 1 x 60 sec) health every 60 seconds. People that say stuff like "mage healing is not OP in PvP" and "Stop whining and deal with it." are either totally ignorant or totally bias based on the fact that they don't want their class to be nerfed in pvp. But it needs to be nerfed in pvp and it needs to be done soon or all you will see will be mages doing pvp in this game. I'm already starting to see this shift, mainly in Flame Temple.
              I dont know who do you fight but i got maxed EGA plus +4% in the slot and i really notice the drop of crit heals i get with almost 21k crit, you wont see a mage
              steamrolling crit heals left and right unless they choose to go without an EGA astral (which is quite dangerous since every1 goes crit now).

Also who goes to BG with blessed light? sunto and resto should do the trick, if you are mage and need that extra healing power, heal rune is your friend but as i
              said, the quicker the fights end the less trouble you get, mages that try outhealing the dmg the enemy does (specially a mage with average defense trying to
              outheal another mage with aegis or cerb) will find him/her overrun on timers because of the dmg taken (specially if the +50% dmg done takes effect).

And i agree with Xeptone, heals go high when u crit otherwise they are in the 150-200k range (which isnt bad either) and as i said in the my first sentences, you
              wont crit heal if you ride EGA astral.

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlelyseria View Post
                you wont crit heal if you ride EGA astral.
                Does this mean you dont get crited from others as well? Or they still do? And you still critheal yourself? Uhm?
                THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

• according to ur argument ohbummer ( when i reread this together for editing this sound so wrong rofl )

Take crit heal away and in that exchange take all ur passive away that's a good deal right ?

since u regard 100 k hp is like meh and reducing damage by knight passive or damage increase by archer passive ... not even worth it

So take it away and we would agreed to make heal NOT crit

Comment

• Originally posted by daunapu View Post
                    Does this mean you dont get crited from others as well? Or they still do? And you still critheal yourself? Uhm?
                    The player with the astral gets the reduction from all critical sources (heals, dmg and so on), its great to diminish the amount of crits taken but in the case of mages,
                    its a big drawback since a good reason to have a crit build is those heals lol but survival takes priority i guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlelyseria View Post
                      The player with the astral gets the reduction from all critical sources (heals, dmg and so on), its great to diminish the amount of crits taken but in the case of mages,
                      its a big drawback since a good reason to have a crit build is those heals lol but survival takes priority i guess.
                      Dont explain me how things work, we all know how to read, some better, some worse. Tell me, when you have EGA on, do others crit you?
                      THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

• Originally posted by daunapu View Post
                        Dont explain me how things work, we all know how to read, some better, some worse. Tell me, when you have EGA on, do others crit you?
                        Of course they do, just not the amount of hits they would like to do (unless its fixed like multi) and no i dont question the reading comprehension of people, just
                        answered what you asked.

Comment

Look, it's quite simple: My 20% hp boost gives me 100k more health than mages at my BR. Equal BR mages restoration crit heals them for over 300k and their blessed light crit heals them for between 400-500k and yes I use guardian angel rune, their heals still mostly crit. Okay, so that's my 100k more health compared to a class that can heal roughly 1,000,000 health every 60 seconds (resto 2 x 30 sec & blessed light 1 x 60 sec).

Now on these forums, I've heard people say stuff like, "mage healing is not OP in PvP" and "stop whining and deal with it." These people are either totally ignorant or totally bias based on the fact that they don't want their class to be nerfed in pvp. But it needs to be nerfed in pvp and it needs to be done soon or all you will see will be mages doing pvp in this game. I'm already starting to see this shift, mainly in Flame Temple.
                          Guardian Angel astral reduces only crits targetting you; crit heals target the caster, not the opponent. When crit mages use it, it actually nerfs our crit heals. I used to use the astral, but noticed my heals weren't critting very often and I was still getting hit by a ton of crit attacks from the other player. I tested it out in solo arenas and found that when using crit build and GA, it cut the number of crit heals in half while preventing only 1 incoming crit from the opponent (compared to baseline without the astral on). Using the astral with EWD build, it prevented an average of 3 incoming crits and did not affect my heals at all.

As I've stated before, anyone can have OP heals in PvP. Go crit build and use Triton; OP heals are yours. Your GA might nerf those crit heals a bit, but you can always go without, like us crit mages are forced to so we can benefit more from our crit heals.

Comment

I made some suggestions in my opening post as to how it can be done. Simply add the amount of talent points needed to max out their skills. Mages can still retain a pure heal spec or a pure dps spec for PvE and a hybrid heal/dps spec for PvP, however with more points needed to max out their heal skills, the heals wouldn't be as strong or crit for as much as they do now.

In any other mmo, you never see the heal classes able to dish out a lot of damage and also heal a ton of damage in the same spec, it's overpowered and it leads to class imbalance. Class imbalance leads to everyone flocking to the most overpowered class for pvp. Which in turn leads to mass-exodus of the other classes from the game and eventually all you will see playing this game will be mages.

Now I've invested a lot of time and money into this game.... Who's going to sink more money into a game where they feel they have no chance against a certain job-type/class in pvp? Who's going to feel it's worth their time to level something up when they know that they have no chance against an equal BR player of a different class? No, they're going to leave and go find something else to play. And all that time and money that I and other knights and archers have invested into the game, completely wasted because we should've rolled a mage to have an equal shot in pvp.
                            Mage's are probably the only class that needs to pay for the 2nd skill set to fully utilize both types of skills. My L80 Adv Knight (completely free character) has 1 Skill Set and managed L2 EDD and L2 Apollo to fully unlock Adv Skills without.

As to other MMOs, I don't know what you're talking about. DAoC the Priest and Paladin classes were prime examples of defense, damage and healing. The Priest had the best caster defense, good area damage and tremendous healing. The Paladin was the best defensive character with self healing, defensive buffing AND awesome single-target damage.

In early WoW (I stopped playing in 2005) the Priest w/ Shadow Spec still had great self-healing and had the HIGHEST single-target DPS in the game. They also had AoE Fear and the best DoT Attack. Add in a Vault for item storage and how easy it was to get resource at the high end and you could play all day in Shadow Spec and then respec in the evening for Guild Raids into a Healer Spec, and then come back out. Kinda like changing skills sets in Wartune, huh?

In ShadowBane, the Confessor was a good healer and phenominal damage dealer w/ PvP effective stuns and holds.

I can go on.

The problem here is that this game gave healing to a Mage. Notice all the above are Holy / Divine based classes. Ie Priests. The MAGE has a connotation of primary area damage (fireballs, lightning bolts and such), secondary single-target damage and lastly, crowd control. The latter doesn't exist for Mages in Wartune. How the Mage doesn't have an AoE Slow is silly. How Scatter (Dispel Magic) is an Archer skill is ludicrous. How the Mage is a Healer and not a Priest Class is moreso.

Wartune screwed up the basic archetypes of the fantasy genre, and some people can't get past it. You see a Mage healing and think it's broken, but aren't really paying attention to the fact that a Mage's single-target damage output over time is 25% LESS than Archers - and that's if we go offense for offense. Once a Mage starts healing, that's damage left on the table as well. Sunto is easily removed w/ Scatter or Purge. Or Hijacked (along with Resto and BL) by Chaos.

The one thing I will give you is that multiple Mage's are OP in a Group PvP Setting like Arena and GB/CSGB. A pair of defensive EWD Mages w/ Heal and Guardian Runes can survive for a good 2-3 minutes and often win against 4 non-Mage opponents of equal or lower BR. They can keep cycling RoF & Meteor to keep damage going while throwing a puri as needed to clear Chaos and wait for enemies to awaken, giving them the clear to Sunto and Resto while under Guardian Protection - and then awaken themselves.

But right now, one on one, BR to BR - I'd take the Knight w/ Athena over anyone else.

Comment

Nope sorry... you either misunderstood or deliberately misquoted me. What I said was: Mages have a single target dps skill called Ice Bolt that does more damage than archers' armor pierce ability. Therefore they don't have just one good single target spell as previously posted by someone. But it wouldnt matter anyway because even if mages had 5 good single target spells, they wouldnt use them just like they don't use Ice Bolt because they would rather have Lightning bolt (rage builder) Thunderer (single target dps) Fireball (AoE)/or suntora (HoT) and of course blessed light (heal) and restoration (heal). So you could have 5 or even 10 good single target spells and it wouldn't matter because in PvP, you would choose the aforementioned spec. Hopefully you understood that this time because I really hate repeating myself
                              Ice Bolt does 185% + 15% QTE. AP does 175% + 25% QTE. Both Skills are 200% Skills w/ QTE. AP has a 1s CD and can be dual-spammed. Ice bolt has a 10s CD and cannot. Big difference once one gets into the Speed Cast part of PvE after pets.

Comment

PvP. Triton
                                Just quoted the suicidal part.

Comment

Working...
                                X