Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R238423534
    replied
    Chaos affects your skills dealt to enemy and allies, but "allies" does not include yourself. That's why it has no effect when you have no allies. After lvl55, troops are like paper any ways, so for 1v1 it's not worth a rune slot.

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
    Damn, I think this is correct. I haven't seen chaos steal a heal if the mage (or triton) is alone, at least for a long time. I used to be able to get it to work early on, when I couldn't 1-shot the troops so consistently, but I never realized it wasn't working after the troops are gone. I did notice that suntoria will behave differently if the troops are gone, i.e. it won't buff the caster if under chaos and troops are still alive. And the total uselessness of chaos in CW made me start to reconsider it.
    Glad chaos is still pretty useful in group pvp, or I'd be really unhappy to have spent so many runes upgrading it. Wish I had gotten amnesia to 9 instead of chaos to 10 though.

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    I don't know of anyone who could kill any mage with 500k+ HP in one hit. If you could completely ignore defense then many can, but mages with so high HP also typically have crazy defense & resistances; I don't see how you could do it.

Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
    If you can't kill mages in one hit, you're obviously not hitting hard enough.

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    It's just too annoying & time consuming to fight with heals, mage or multiple iris could drag to 300% or even higher multiplier and stretch one single arena round into some 3-10 minutes (no kidding!). To many people, that's a very boring & inefficient fighting style. Shields are also very annoying if you got multiple knights & mages on team. But because shields typically have longer CDs than heals for both classes, they got less chance to cast it so the fights end faster. As a mage or knight, showing how long you could last in a fight is possibly exciting if it's a one-time duel in altar. But doing it as an arena daily (solo or group), or doing it in a tight time slot such as in CW & DI/BI, it's just boring & annoying. Just my personal opinion.

Originally posted by fenrir67 View Post
    im fenrir and im a mage (hey fen).

And i hate mages who overheal, why? cz battles last much longer than they would otherwise. i think that overhealing might have some advantage and it could help you in the slightest bit with small difference in equal str (let's say 20k difference when both are around 360k+) so the advantage of overhealing isn't very useful imo as a tactic.

like i said im a mage, and i do my healing, do i overheal? well sometimes i do but i dont equip bl, heal rune or whatsoever. my main and only heals are sunto and resto. cz i dont like heal fights myself as i can pretty dominate in general well in bg without. however i see plenty of knights typing angry to stop us from doing what we're supposed to do while they're busy casting their shields:P

Many ppl here suggested you to take chaos (to counter heals). you refuse, what does it say? it says sth about you and only you. you refuse to change any strategy and just complain. strategy can help you win battles, if you refuse to change tactics and you lose, why complain? i know what you will say, but still it's your final decision to not counter that. in fact why not use amnesia just before awaken? mages tend to save the heals just before awaken so why not use your amensia as well?

let's purely look at the dmg aspect, if you cant kill someone in sylph with 1 delphic and 2 other skills, in general you would be equally matched imo. i think heal strategy slightly outweighs in that situation, nothing more.

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    At lvl80, Blood Rune is kinda useless IMHO, for both PvP & PvE, because no one has so little HP that a 8k bleed debuff would matter. But it's cheap to max so I have it maxed & advanced. Not that it didn't help at all, but it's just not worth a rune slot.

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
    Blood rune is a lot less than suntoria for even weak mages, until it gets into very high multiplier stages.

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    As a side note, speed reduction seems to work but basically useless in multiplayer fights. I had not found them helpful in any way for group arena & TOK. Having the freeze buff on one of the four opponents doesn't really do anything, and lag is so bad that a 2-4 second difference is probably masked out by the latency of multi-client synchronization on server side.

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
    All who think slow works in pvp are tripping. As someone else before mentioned your opponent must actively help you with bad skill choice/slow reactions so you can have the impression of him being slowed. F.e. you can do 3 hits on me even if im not slowed if i chose the wrong skills. If you think about how and when skill speed is calculated in combat youll realise why speed reduction skills dont affect pvp

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    I would not be able to speak for other people, but that's my empirical observation. None had been assisted by the opponent, as it happened to not only dueling in BG & Altar of Ennoblement but also CW, arena duels, MP arena and city plundering. Lag is very bad in TOK so I can't tell the speed difference. I don't have Mire rune on the mage so can't test it out reliably, but on the knight and archer, ST & DF helped a little in PvP, I could could consistently use sylph delphic some 2-4 seconds earlier than the opponent. I can't rule out the possibility that it could be a result of lag and glitch, but such behavior appears consistent to me across servers, so it could be accurate.

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
    All who think slow works in pvp are tripping. As someone else before mentioned your opponent must actively help you with bad skill choice/slow reactions so you can have the impression of him being slowed. F.e. you can do 3 hits on me even if im not slowed if i chose the wrong skills. If you think about how and when skill speed is calculated in combat youll realise why speed reduction skills dont affect pvp

Leave a comment:

• R238283246
    replied
    30% reduction in damage for 4 turns is not weak

Leave a comment:

• danotz
    replied
    Originally posted by Ali___G View Post
    LOL um knights can heal while attacking? if your talking bout regen astral its available to ALL and if your speaking about the 3k heal block oh boy will u be whining on forums when it gets uncapped to 50k
    I don't think they will ever restore knight's ability to block heal.At this point, I see knights as some tools of mages and archers to do better in mpds in order to become stronger in pvp.Our shields are ridiculous weak, and hell...purge and puri?how is that suppose to help me in pvp?

Leave a comment:

• Ali___G
    replied
    Originally posted by daft48eddiex View Post
    This is a pointless discussion -
    Mages are very weak against both other classes -
    Archer has massive attack and heal whilst Knights (or as I call them cowards) have rage cut, shield, group shield and can also heal whilst attacking.
    Mages cannot beat either unless they have at least a 30% higher br - and then only if their sylph is also higher br as well.
    Mages have nearly been removed from the game with iris sylph and runes - the only reason people have them in team events (arena, wilds bosses etc) is that we have suntoria and blessed light.
    Mage damage is pathetic - nearly non-existant as seen in wb where Archers and Knights dominate.
    If Mages cannot heal as the guy who started this stated then Mages would be removed from the game. We could never win a single pvp fight as our damage is less than 50% of Archers and Knights. Plus Knights with rage cut, shield, group shield and healing as well would destroy us in a single round.
    If healing is removed from Mages then remove all the good stuff from Archers and Knights as well, too balance it out.

The fact that a Mage HAS to heal so often indicates how weak a Mage is in attack.

If you want to see Mages heal a lot less then give Mages attack a huge boost to make them on par with Archers and Knights.

Still waiting for R2games to sort out the mess they made with time change maintenance.
    LOL um knights can heal while attacking? if your talking bout regen astral its available to ALL and if your speaking about the 3k heal block oh boy will u be whining on forums when it gets uncapped to 50k
    Last edited by Ali___G; 03-10-2015, 11:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Scourge203
    replied
    Originally posted by OhBummer View Post
    A lot of people are, which is the main point of this thread.
    I don't believe many people are quitting the game because of the mage healing stuff. I can bet its because of other things.

Leave a comment:

• bcdaedalus
    replied
    ask people like illyanna ( top ranked archers or some top ranked knights on east ) how they get on fighting ivegotaname (2nd ranked mage this time in classwars ) a few of them don't even make it to sylph mode mages have plenty of damage if you no how to play

Leave a comment:

• OhBummer
    replied
    Originally posted by rangelaeyes View Post
    I' m a Mage. I have dropped some pretty significant heals, and won because of them pretty frequently. If you don't like a mechanic of the game that's been around for a long time, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe just let it go? Maybe just try harder? Maybe just find a new cash sink game to play?
    A lot of people are, which is the main point of this thread.

Leave a comment:

• rangelaeyes
    replied
    I' m a Mage. I have dropped some pretty significant heals, and won because of them pretty frequently. If you don't like a mechanic of the game that's been around for a long time, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe just let it go? Maybe just try harder? Maybe just find a new cash sink game to play?

Leave a comment:

• R212460843
    replied
    Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
    And a Knight cannot use Guardian rune also because...?
    Because is not available for knights. Only for mages and Archers because knights have shields.

The purge rune is only for mages and knights because of scatter on archers.

And the puri rune is only for archers and knights because of puri for mages.

Leave a comment:

• princestewii
    replied
    Originally posted by daft48eddiex View Post
    This is a pointless discussion -
    Mages are very weak against both other classes -
    Archer has massive attack and heal whilst Knights (or as I call them cowards) have rage cut, shield, group shield and can also heal whilst attacking.
    Mages cannot beat either unless they have at least a 30% higher br - and then only if their sylph is also higher br as well.
    Mages have nearly been removed from the game with iris sylph and runes - the only reason people have them in team events (arena, wilds bosses etc) is that we have suntoria and blessed light.
    Mage damage is pathetic - nearly non-existant as seen in wb where Archers and Knights dominate.
    If Mages cannot heal as the guy who started this stated then Mages would be removed from the game. We could never win a single pvp fight as our damage is less than 50% of Archers and Knights. Plus Knights with rage cut, shield, group shield and healing as well would destroy us in a single round.
    If healing is removed from Mages then remove all the good stuff from Archers and Knights as well, too balance it out.

The fact that a Mage HAS to heal so often indicates how weak a Mage is in attack.

If you want to see Mages heal a lot less then give Mages attack a huge boost to make them on par with Archers and Knights.

Still waiting for R2games to sort out the mess they made with time change maintenance.
    Yea well I saw a vid from Elia and she beat killbot in all the fights they had in SFT. You tell me if mages are weak against the other classes now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X