people being barred from the game for eploiting a programming error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
    I don't see people being banned for exploiting the L70 in L45 BG bug. One of them still keep showing up in SFT with his ill-gotten honour.

Face it. If you are a hard casher, no game developer will ban you. They are here for the money. Reputation and fairness is a distant second.
    I'm a level 80 and in sacred fire since it came out, so I only heard about this "exploit", but people said it works this way:
    1.) People are now bracketed in BG based on BR, not level.
    2.) So you undress before entering the BG, then dress up there.

I don't think this is an exploit. This is just using bad rules to your advantage. It's the same as making and equipping a PATK astral by a mage to increase BR before a BR ranking event.
    This glitch should be cured on the server's side.

1.) One solution would be to disallow euqipment, astral, sylph change inside BG. This wouldn't be a great idea, however, often people enter with the wrong stuff, and realize after the first fight, and they quickly change.
    2.) Just revert to the old system! Make BG based on LEVEL. Level camping is a BAD strategy anyway, you win in one aspect (honor) and you lose in 1000 other where you could gain a lot more if you were 80.
    3.) The game's main goal is to increase BR to gain advantage. If increasing your BR does not get you any advantage (ie. you are paired with people of the same BR) what's the point in playing? This was a totally pointless change, and I'm glad people "exploit" it to help devs realize this must be changed.
    My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

the bug is not just on one server its on all servers so why just ban 5 people
      either notife the pepole concered that if they use the bug again then thier account will be banned
      my account has been banned and when i sent a ticket asking what for and how long i never got told
      i am still waiting 4 days later for a reply

Comment

and 4 days after the bannings people continue to exploit the bug, tickets get submitted and no cashers get banned

Comment

So thats why i take it in the shorts in bg

Comment

What a joke, not got any justified answer from any mod or g.m of r2 even after 4 days of opening the thread and producing the screenshot. Or atleast say u will not take the same action against the cashers and we non- cashers have the right to remain silent.

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
              I'm a level 80 and in sacred fire since it came out, so I only heard about this "exploit"
              I asked one of them and my guess was right...To use this exploit...actually I don't think I should say it. Anyways, it is not based on br.
              Non casher Psuedo-non casher Light Casher Medium Casher Heavy Casher God Casher
              _______________^

Comment

Don't do it cuz it's bad, mmmkay?

It's a morally ambiguous topic, I think. Either don't do it and maybe get banned or do it anyway and maybe get banned.
                Name: Phoenixia
                Server: R2 S-319
                Class: Mage
                BR: 911k
                Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

NO CASH....NO ANSWERS
                  or in my case not enough cash to buy answers

Comment

In my opinion, best thing to do when you discover a bug is to report it and then not exploit it. It sucks knowing that others are getting unfair gain while I do things the right way, but the alternative is to risk being banned whenever R2 feels like it. Perhaps those with only time invested in the game see that as a risk worth taking. Being as I'm a heavy casher, I prefer not to risk letting my entertainment money be stolen over a paltry handful of illicit rewards.

Taking advantage of the way the programming is written to gain advantage outside of the way the game is intended to work is considered exploiting a bug. The enforcement seems fairly random; I know there are several people on my server who exploit bugs and/or bot the atoll. So far, none of them have been banned over it, but if R2 got a wild hair, they could probably ban quite a few players over minor stuff that is about on par with shoplifting a pack of gum. Its still wrong and its still something you could potentially be punished for, but is it worth the effort?

Comment

I see many posts here asking R2 to be fair and equitable in the way they treat their players. These people are obviously unaware of the fact that R2 could care less about their players, especially the non-cashers, or those who spend very little money.
                      Like many others, I have observed heavy cashers violating the exploitation of glitches rule with no action taken. I have also noticed that the lag problem draw the largest number of complaints/comments. I have been playing for about 2 years, and the lag issue is getting worse every day, with apparently no attempts to correct the problem.
                      At this point, the only thing keeping me in the game are the friends I have made while playing, and the fact that I do enjoy a few of of the events.

Comment

Working...
                      X