ITT: We Post Socketing Rod Suggestions for Non-Paying Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITT: We Post Socketing Rod Suggestions for Non-Paying Players

Not sure how much opposition I'll get for opening up a topic like this, but it seems like this is one of the major concerns among the playerbase. The majority of non-paying players (myself included) feel that it would help make PVP a little less excruciating if it was possible to socket more gems. I know that this is a topic that has been made many a time, but perhaps by continuing to post topics like this, we just may have a chance at the implementation of some way to get more Socketing Rods. The mentality here: the more we suggest it, the higher the chance that something will be done about it.

What we have to do is think up a good way where non-paying players can get Socketing Rods, but will still take a lot of effort and time; that way the paying players can still enjoy the benefits that they get by spending the Balens that they paid their hard-earned cash for.

Here is my suggestion:

Why not make Socketing Rods available with insignias, in the Arena Shop? That way non-paying players can still put a lot of effort into getting them; it wouldn't be too easy and would still take quite some time to build them up, especially if it's something like 1000-1200 (the price may need to be discussed further) insignias for each Socketing Rod. I think that'd be fair, considering you would need at least five more socketing rods other than the four free ones you get. The price of the socketing rods would be high enough where paying players could still opt to use Balens to buy them so they can get them a lot sooner than the non-paying players. This would just give the non-paying players a slightly better chance at competing in PVP.

What's your opinion on this? Do you think this is a fair idea? Can you come up with a way to improve this idea? Or, perhaps, have you come up with your own idea to get more socketing rods? Whatever it may be, post it here.

Are you a paying player and still have an opinion to share about the matter? Feel free to post that here too.
    In-Game Name: Drayga
    Server: [S86] Mireworth Keep
    Guild: Vicious (Guild Master)
    Class: Knight

"Get Drayga'ed."

Actually there was another thread by a paying member complaining about socketing rods having too temporary a benefit, so this thread doesn't need to be limited to non-paying members.

I recommend maybe using Refinement Gems or Crystaloids to synthesize Socketing Rods.

Comment

ins give too high advantage for already strong players

Comment

would be nice if they made it possible to get for non buyers d:

Last edited by _-R-_; 11-03-2012, 06:32 PM.

If only this forum allowed signatures for normal accounts like every other forum on the interwebs.

Comment

Originally posted by DForest View Post
          ins give too high advantage for already strong players
          Not really. I don't see why it would give anyone more of an advantage. Sure, paying players could build up the insignias and buy the Socketing Rods, but why would they do that when they could get them near instantly by simply using their Balens? I really don't see any advantage for the "strong" people here at all. If anything, they would be more worried about building up insignias for their 35, 45, and 55 PVP sets since they could already buy Socketing Rods with their Balens.

"Get Drayga'ed."

Comment

Some also suggest putting a rod or two in the Check-in Rewards, albeit in the 27th day or later. That way, you'll definitely get a socket once a month. It is a sure-fire way to control the sockets, and for non-buyers they can't farm them much.

Comment

Originally posted by R21763422 View Post
              Some also suggest putting a rod or two in the Check-in Rewards, albeit in the 27th day or later. That way, you'll definitely get a socket once a month. It is a sure-fire way to control the sockets, and for non-buyers they can't farm them much.
              I think that this could work if done correctly. However, I think one rod every month would be a bit too low. Make it two each month and I would agree with this. If it was only one a month then it would take way too long to get to where the player needs to be.

I think that suggestion could work out nicely, because no paying player would want to wait a whole month just to get a Socketing Rod (or two); thus they would wind up buying them as usual. The incentive to donate to the game is still there.

"Get Drayga'ed."

Comment

I like this idea but R2 has already said it won't happen because 7Roads will not let them do it. They are not interested in allowing access to socket rods without being paid for. At least that was what we were told about 2-3 weeks ago.
                Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                BR: 67K
                Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
                  I like this idea but R2 has already said it won't happen because 7Roads will not let them do it. They are not interested in allowing access to socket rods without being paid for. At least that was what we were told about 2-3 weeks ago.
                  Are you sure of this? I just have no idea how to respond to that, to be honest...

I guess, if that is the way it is, then I will have to try and find some way to donate in the future if I really ever want a chance at competing.

The only problem is that you get four free socketing rods... You can save them up and use them on gear that's worth it (the PVP gear), but sometime in the future they'll release more PVP gear and you'll think "****, why did I use my Socketing Rods and they just came out with this!?" There needs to be a balance here. As it is right now, we have the level 55 PVP gear that's going to be implemented soon; if I can't pay for the game, then I have to save my four free Socketing Rods and wait until I get that gear after a long and grueling time of grinding and leveling. Then on the day that I use the Socketing Rods on that gear, I realize that they will eventually come out with a level 65 set...and then just facepalm myself.

I have no intention on really quitting this game. In fact, I am planning on donating some money by Christmas if I am still playing at that time (if life doesn't keep me away from the game). I think I have accepted that non-paying players will never be able to compete with the paying players; but at the same time, we all have to admit that it would indeed be much better for the playerbase if they did something as simple as making this one item available to the non-paying players. The four free ones are great, but how are we supposed to know when we can use them? As soon as we use them, better gear will probably be implemented, and then we would be out of luck.

I was under the impression R2Games is in charge of everything on Wartune. I guess I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to that subject though, so I won't really go there.

"Get Drayga'ed."

Comment

i think is better to put the Socketing rod in Vochers instead of insignias . .But im still agree for your Suggestions. this will be good to players who's not using money in this game "including me" GM please here our Suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by Medras View Post
                      Not really. I don't see why it would give anyone more of an advantage. Sure, paying players could build up the insignias and buy the Socketing Rods, but why would they do that when they could get them near instantly by simply using their Balens? I really don't see any advantage for the "strong" people here at all. If anything, they would be more worried about building up insignias for their 35, 45, and 55 PVP sets since they could already buy Socketing Rods with their Balens.
                      mmm medals? they're op i don't see why anyone wouldn't want to keep one...also they will just need to use balens one time and get themselves to OP "god mode" state then keep farming GA and BG to save much ins for next set of socketing rods for next pvp gears they wouldn't even need to use balens...think how that will affect the game
                      Last edited by DForest; 11-03-2012, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DForest View Post
                        mmm medals? they're op i don't see why anyone wouldn't want to keep one...also they will just need to use balens one time and get themselves to OP "god mode" state then keep farming GA and BG to save much ins for next set of socketing rods for next pvp gears they wouldn't even need to use balens...think how that will affect the game
                        If someone has Balens, why would he or she want to spend an excruciatingly long time getting insignias to get more Socketing Rods? I'm pretty certain that those kind of players would simply use their Balens to get the Socketing Rods they need rather than wait for it. It would take a long time to get all the Socketing Rods they would need if they got them from the arena. Especially considering they would need to save up insignias for their next gear set too. They just wouldn't worry about using insignias for the Socketing Rods if they had Balens.

It would really be no different from the way things are now. Strong people with fully socketed gear go into arena all the time, and players like myself fall victim to them every time. There are already a lot of overpowered people in the arena.

"Get Drayga'ed."

Comment

Originally posted by Medras View Post
                          Are you sure of this? I just have no idea how to respond to that, to be honest...

I guess, if that is the way it is, then I will have to try and find some way to donate in the future if I really ever want a chance at competing.

The only problem is that you get four free socketing rods... You can save them up and use them on gear that's worth it (the PVP gear), but sometime in the future they'll release more PVP gear and you'll think "****, why did I use my Socketing Rods and they just came out with this!?" There needs to be a balance here. As it is right now, we have the level 55 PVP gear that's going to be implemented soon; if I can't pay for the game, then I have to save my four free Socketing Rods and wait until I get that gear after a long and grueling time of grinding and leveling. Then on the day that I use the Socketing Rods on that gear, I realize that they will eventually come out with a level 65 set...and then just facepalm myself.

I have no intention on really quitting this game. In fact, I am planning on donating some money by Christmas if I am still playing at that time (if life doesn't keep me away from the game). I think I have accepted that non-paying players will never be able to compete with the paying players; but at the same time, we all have to admit that it would indeed be much better for the playerbase if they did something as simple as making this one item available to the non-paying players. The four free ones are great, but how are we supposed to know when we can use them? As soon as we use them, better gear will probably be implemented, and then we would be out of luck.

I was under the impression R2Games is in charge of everything on Wartune. I guess I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to that subject though, so I won't really go there.
                          Yea 7Roads owns the game and R2 just maintains it. I started another thread about getting socket rods and a GM said they can't do that unless 7Roads allows them and they aren't interested in doing it yet. I'll find the thread link and post it here in a sec.
                          Yitien:

Comment

Ok it wasn't my thread but it was another thread about some ideas. Here is the link: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....socketing+rods
                            Yitien:

Comment

GMs have already told u guys

7 Road doesn't wanna give its free players free stuff
                              R2 has no word in this
                              give R2 some time people
                              Last edited by Hyorinmaru6; 11-04-2012, 01:48 AM.
                              Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                              [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Working...
                              X