Collossal Waste of Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collossal Waste of Time

So, my guild and I just got finished hurling ourselves at the brick wall called a Guild Boss. 30 minutes of pure torture, utter boredom, and absolutely zero creativity on the part of the game designers.

and it got me thinking, just how much time do we, as players, waste on this game. So I started making a list, estimating times spent doing each . for the most part I believe it's accurate, with a +/- 5 minute for some.

Dragon Inferno 20 minutes
    Bloody Inferno 30 minutes
    Guild Tree 15 minutes
    Treasure Maps 20 minutes
    Battleground 25 minutes
    Tanks 25 minutes
    Spire 20 minutes
    Tok 15 minutes
    MPD 15 minutes
    Dimensions 25 minutes
    Arena 30 minutes
    Guild Boss 30 minutes
    World Boss x2 50 minutes

Just these events, which are all pretty much mandatory, add up to 320 minutes. That's 5 hours and 20 minutes of gameplay. Add in time waiting in the lobby for various events and you are pushing 6 hours. That's not even including the hours we have to spend for :
    Astrals, Sylph Arena, Solo Arena, Guild Blessing Wheel, Wilds Hunting, Amethyst Mine, and Blitzing. Oh, don't forget 4 Atoll Bosses and Sylph Farming if you're bored. This is all a good 2-3 hours of additional playing. Not including all the various clicks and such for all the minor **** not worth mentioning.

I know I'm forgetting a few things, as I've just spent 2 hours straight online staring at the same old tired graphics.

if you aren't VIP and want more energy, add another 2 hours you have to be logged in.

Three times a week, add another 20-60 minutes for Guild Battles, and an extra hour once a month for Class Wars.

Hell, to stay competative in this game, you really have to dedicate about 9 hours (or more) of your daily life to this game. It's another full-time job. And you're paying them to do it.

what the game designers really need to do is remove many of these events. WB, DI, BI, atoll boss and the new guild boss are all copies of the same thing. remove 3 of them, use the new GB points as a new reward system to let us buy what we want of the prizes from all the different events.

Get rid of BG and Tanks, ToK can go too.

soo many of these events were fine when we only had Level 1 wings and clothes to worry about. But with all the additions to our characters, they have really become tired, unplayable, or just obsolete.

I'm beginning to wonder why We're all still here....
    Last edited by R225424182; 03-12-2015, 12:13 AM.
    If you can't win, cash harder

only 25 mins on dimension? i remember spending almost 2 hours when it cost 10 energy/step.
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

time actually takes a lot less for some of it. depending how strong u and ur team is. ( I am a free player with 346k br)
      . this is what it takes for me in some of it.
      1. bloody inferno under 7 min.
      2. maps under 10 min.
      3. mp under 8 min.
      4. guild boss 15 min.
      5. dimension under 15min. ( I am still doing basic)
      6. gb under 2 min ( yeah not possible for all)

some of the feature I dont even bother with. like bg, only click tree if I notice it and online. dont do arena (time zone issue). and as for altar and blitz mostly while I am sleep ( put toon in altar then sleep, wake up put toon in blitz leave for work)

its really a matter of prospective. your personal choice where u want to put priority in. but yeah agreed they need to be more creative.
      Last edited by shahriar296; 03-12-2015, 12:47 AM.
      Character Name: Purgatory

Class: Archer

Guild: VictisHNR

Server: [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Signature Line: I am the King of The Worms!

Comment

LOL. I think chinese wartune has something called tank wars now so add another hour to that if we get it in a couple months
        IGN: princestewii
        Server: Kabam 86

Comment

I play an average of 3hrs/day for 2 yrs...so i have wasted about 3 months of my life >_<
          Non casher Psuedo-non casher Light Casher Medium Casher Heavy Casher God Casher
          _______________^

Comment

Originally posted by princestewii View Post
            LOL. I think chinese wartune has something called tank wars now so add another hour to that if we get it in a couple months
            And.... chaos war, titan war, couple war, sylph expedition, sub-class dungeons, new red gear dungeons.... and so on and so on and so on...

Comment

Originally posted by shahriar296 View Post
              time actually takes a lot less for some of it. depending how strong u and ur team is. ( I am a free player with 346k br)
              . this is what it takes for me in some of it.
              1. bloody inferno under 7 min.
              2. maps under 10 min.
              3. mp under 8 min.
              4. guild boss 15 min.
              5. dimension under 15min. ( I am still doing basic)
              6. gb under 2 min ( yeah not possible for all)

some of the feature I dont even bother with. like bg, only click tree if I notice it and online. dont do arena (time zone issue). and as for altar and blitz mostly while I am sleep ( put toon in altar then sleep, wake up put toon in blitz leave for work)

its really a matter of prospective. your personal choice where u want to put priority in. but yeah agreed they need to be more creative.
              I really don't think you finish BI under 7 mins.
              Server: Kabam 17
              Player name: Dwarf
              Player level: 80
              Player class: Knight
              Honor title: Imperial Mythic Something
              Battle rating: 615k
              Guild name: LoonyToons

Comment

Wartune losing people from exhausting syndrom ^^;
                as long as one event replaced the other (the mpd with the level), we could follow
                now we have to make choice and it can be frustrating
                RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
                Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

for me, its like:

Dragon Inferno 20 minutes
                  Bloody Inferno 15 minutes
                  Guild Tree (skip)
                  Treasure Maps 20 minutes
                  Battleground 25 minutes
                  Tanks 5 minutes
                  Spire 20 minutes
                  Tok 15 minutes
                  MPD (skip)
                  Dimensions 25 minutes
                  Arena 45 minutes
                  Guild Boss 15 minutes
                  World Boss x2 20 minutes

more faster than u

Comment

Originally posted by danotz View Post
                    u can actually if 1 person attack 1 trash mobs separately
                    R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

IGN : Illyasviel
                    Class : Archer
                    Guild : •OneŽ•
                    LvL : 80
                    Sylph : Zeus, Hecate, Poseidon
                    BR : over 9000!!!

Comment

I don't do everything every day. Every day I get group arenas done, dimension done, 1 wb, 1 BG, Dragon Invasion, Treasure Hunt, and ToK. I don't have the time for anything else. I would love to do the Guild Beast thing, but my guild master isn't online when I am, which makes it impossible for me to do it.

When I have days off, I'll also do a 2nd BG and Spire as well. Not wasting my life doing more then that.
                      Name: Phoenixia
                      Server: R2 S-319
                      Class: Mage
                      BR: 911k
                      Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                      Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Same thought lol, my best timing with a 500K team was 20 mins.
                        Name:MODOKâ„¢
                        Class:Archer
                        Server:Kabam s28(West)
                        Guild:CritRime
                        Level:Advanced 80
                        BR(MAX):1.6 mil
                        Honor Rank:Sky Dragon Knight

Comment

Originally posted by icesz View Post
                          u can actually if 1 person attack 1 trash mobs separately
                          We did that, that way its "only" 15 minutes.

But we found an easy solution: dont do BI. It's a poor man's WB anyway.

The game needs 2 features desperately:

1.) Count how many times you do an event. When you did it a given number of times (50 or 100) you don't have to do it again. You can just claim the FULL reward (the highest level you could reach) with one click.

2.) A way to exchange all the obsolete rewards we get in the above events.

If you play less than 6 hours a day, there is no way to stay competitve.
                          My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
                            We did that, that way its "only" 15 minutes.

But we found an easy solution: dont do BI. It's a poor man's WB anyway.
                            From BI you can make 5kk gold + at max, usually between 4kk and 4.5kk if not that lucky (depends on rolls ofc) and considering the fact i semi afk the whole stupid thing, its better than wb for me
                            THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

think whatever u like. my team consist 2 knight (1 same br as me another 500k+) and 1 mage 500k+. whats makes u think takes time? mobs. we each attack 1 mob same time. hell lots faster than attacking 1 at a time. then boss comes use attack rune with delph boss done. now why the hell killing 6 stage gonna take more than 7 min?
                              Character Name: Purgatory

Guild: VictisHNR

Server: [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Signature Line: I am the King of The Worms!

Comment

Working...
                              X