X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R225424182
    started a topic Collossal Waste of Time

Collossal Waste of Time

So, my guild and I just got finished hurling ourselves at the brick wall called a Guild Boss. 30 minutes of pure torture, utter boredom, and absolutely zero creativity on the part of the game designers.

and it got me thinking, just how much time do we, as players, waste on this game. So I started making a list, estimating times spent doing each . for the most part I believe it's accurate, with a +/- 5 minute for some.

Dragon Inferno 20 minutes
    Bloody Inferno 30 minutes
    Guild Tree 15 minutes
    Treasure Maps 20 minutes
    Battleground 25 minutes
    Tanks 25 minutes
    Spire 20 minutes
    Tok 15 minutes
    MPD 15 minutes
    Dimensions 25 minutes
    Arena 30 minutes
    Guild Boss 30 minutes
    World Boss x2 50 minutes

Just these events, which are all pretty much mandatory, add up to 320 minutes. That's 5 hours and 20 minutes of gameplay. Add in time waiting in the lobby for various events and you are pushing 6 hours. That's not even including the hours we have to spend for :
    Astrals, Sylph Arena, Solo Arena, Guild Blessing Wheel, Wilds Hunting, Amethyst Mine, and Blitzing. Oh, don't forget 4 Atoll Bosses and Sylph Farming if you're bored. This is all a good 2-3 hours of additional playing. Not including all the various clicks and such for all the minor **** not worth mentioning.

I know I'm forgetting a few things, as I've just spent 2 hours straight online staring at the same old tired graphics.

if you aren't VIP and want more energy, add another 2 hours you have to be logged in.

Three times a week, add another 20-60 minutes for Guild Battles, and an extra hour once a month for Class Wars.

Hell, to stay competative in this game, you really have to dedicate about 9 hours (or more) of your daily life to this game. It's another full-time job. And you're paying them to do it.

what the game designers really need to do is remove many of these events. WB, DI, BI, atoll boss and the new guild boss are all copies of the same thing. remove 3 of them, use the new GB points as a new reward system to let us buy what we want of the prizes from all the different events.

Get rid of BG and Tanks, ToK can go too.

soo many of these events were fine when we only had Level 1 wings and clothes to worry about. But with all the additions to our characters, they have really become tired, unplayable, or just obsolete.

I'm beginning to wonder why We're all still here....
    Last edited by R225424182; 03-12-2015, 12:13 AM.

• CrazyDude9
    replied
    Originally posted by R225424182 View Post
    So, my guild and I just got finished hurling ourselves at the brick wall called a Guild Boss. 30 minutes of pure torture, utter boredom, and absolutely zero creativity on the part of the game designers.

and it got me thinking, just how much time do we, as players, waste on this game. So I started making a list, estimating times spent doing each . for the most part I believe it's accurate, with a +/- 5 minute for some.

Bloody Inferno 30 minutes
    Guild Tree 15 minutes
    Treasure Maps 20 minutes
    Battleground 25 minutes
    Tanks 25 minutes
    Spire 20 minutes
    Tok 15 minutes
    MPD 15 minutes
    Dimensions 25 minutes
    Arena 30 minutes
    Guild Boss 30 minutes
    World Boss x2 50 minutes

Just these events, which are all pretty much mandatory, add up to 320 minutes. That's 5 hours and 20 minutes of gameplay. Add in time waiting in the lobby for various events and you are pushing 6 hours. That's not even including the hours we have to spend for :
    Astrals, Sylph Arena, Solo Arena, Guild Blessing Wheel, Wilds Hunting, Amethyst Mine, and Blitzing. Oh, don't forget 4 Atoll Bosses and Sylph Farming if you're bored. This is all a good 2-3 hours of additional playing. Not including all the various clicks and such for all the minor **** not worth mentioning.
    1st, most of the times u stated are the maximum time, meaning it's exaggerated, and not all are really consumed.
    2nd, decide which events are u gonna seriously do, or which ones give u the most benefit.

For me, these are my priorities (order depends on availability):
    >DI = 15-20mins
    >mpd(nirvana) = 10-20mins
    (lychlair) = 10-15mins
    >plunder cities/get gold mine = 5-10mins (if i find a monster,elite or boss, i kill it, so this can go up to 30mins)
    >dimensions = 10-20mins (i dont kill monsters, only the tower mobs), longer if im done exploring it and only there to get loots
    ------
    and here are timed activities (most of the time overrides my priorities, sometimes i simply miss it because of my schedule)
    >cloud adventures = 15-20mins
    >GB = 5mins
    >WB = 20-30mins (x2 if i can, but usually only x1)
    >ToA = 15mins (with guild wheel/astrals/fix inventory)
    >Guild beast = 20-30mins (but im just using afk mode here and still make it to top 10. i do other stuff while battling like surfing net)
    >GA = 10-45mins
    >amethyst = 5mins
    >X-GB = 20-45mins
    --------
    then there are those that are secondary
    >tmaps = 10-30mins (usually i combine with guild blessing while following/waiting others)
    >BI = 15-25mins
    >tok (normal) = 10-15mins
    (hard) = 20-30mins .....but usually i just enter/leave tok nm for 16 shards and devo
    >spire = 20mins (?) but usually i just enter battle and leave while i afk for free 2.4m exp and 8 chests
    >tanks = 5mins (click start between 21:48-21:50 or 10:18-10:20 and scream at world chat "Quickstart tanks please!!")
    ---------
    then activities that i do simultaneously or in combination of each other, which i do when the above aren't available at the moment
    >blitz campaign/cata with fishing/jhunt/guild wheel/blessing wheel/afk
    >steal crops/energize trees while waiting
    >sylph arena while waiting
    >bounty quests every now and then
    >altar of enoblement if nothing else and i want to afk

and i dont do solo arena/bg anymore. dont have the time and will to.
    i remember one time finishing my day in 4hrs (8:30-12:30), leaving only toa,wb,gb and amethyst. (and solo arena,altar, which i didnt do) i had incredible luck in finding "last spots" that day xD

Leave a comment:

• R2sucksbad
    replied
    Originally posted by WvilThor View Post
    With the individual attacks on mobs in BI we usually finish in 6 to 7 minutes. If you all have sylphs ready and use berserk the bosses drop in one to 2 hits. The berserk and rage rune also stack for those of you lesser powered players.
    it's not possible bro, you better look at the clock again.

Leave a comment:

• WvilThor
    replied
    With the individual attacks on mobs in BI we usually finish in 6 to 7 minutes. If you all have sylphs ready and use berserk the bosses drop in one to 2 hits. The berserk and rage rune also stack for those of you lesser powered players.

Leave a comment:

• R252856585
    replied
    Originally posted by shahriar296 View Post
    time actually takes a lot less for some of it. depending how strong u and ur team is. ( I am a free player with 346k br)
    . this is what it takes for me in some of it.
    1. bloody inferno under 7 min.
    2. maps under 10 min.
    3. mp under 8 min.
    4. guild boss 15 min.
    5. dimension under 15min. ( I am still doing basic)
    6. gb under 2 min ( yeah not possible for all)
    1. Running a 100 meter race - 15 seconds
    2. Getting Married - 30 minutes
    3. Getting a new job - 1 hour
    4. Graduating from college - 2 hours
    5. Being elected president - 3 hours

Leave a comment:

• R225424182
    replied
    Originally posted by CapetanCroatia1 View Post
    Wait a little,you play WB 50 minutes!?!?!!? Well if that's so your server is dead,and yea this game is made for spending time,and who says that you must do everything every day....
    50 minutes for both of them. takes about 25 minutes or so to beat. and that is with DH and a half dozen other Top 100 players hitting it.

Leave a comment:

• bcdaedalus
    replied
    could always be alot worce some mmo's currently have 6hours worth of solo stuff to get endgame gear then theres ur daily 6man and raids to do ..... + all the crafting for potions and stuff u need for the day

Leave a comment:

• Asgaard
    replied
    When you say all these events are mandatory, I do not agree with this. Many of those things are really not that important anymore. Spire, TOK and a few other things don't have to be done every day, waste of time for minimal rewards if you are a level 80. Honestly, you can play this game well with only a couple of hours a day and some blitzing...you just gotta pick and choose your events and rotate them wisely.

Leave a comment:

• CapetanCroatia1
    replied
    Wait a little,you play WB 50 minutes!?!?!!? Well if that's so your server is dead,and yea this game is made for spending time,and who says that you must do everything every day....

Leave a comment:

• rangelaeyes
    replied
    You don't have to do every activity every day. I skip a lot and most of the time, I'll only log in to chat. I don't do tanks much, if at all, don't do bgs because at the end of the day I'm squishy. There's nothing from Nirvana I need, Spire takes too long, and only attend one wb a day. 2 hours and all my stuff I want to do is done, save for my blitzes.

Leave a comment:

• pietjeprecies
    replied
    Just approach it like a game and not like a job.

Its about fun, although the newest updates whom only let you get the new stuff from event drops or shop are sucking the fun out of it pretty fast atm.

Leave a comment:

• Thebigwolfpack
    replied
    Dragon Inferno 17 minutes
    Bloody Inferno 13 minutes
    Guild Tree 15 minutes of afk
    Treasure Maps 6 minutes or so
    Battleground 12 minutes
    Tanks 45 seconds - 1 minute
    Spire ~15 minutes
    Tok 8-10 minutes
    MPD 5-6 minutes
    Dimensions 12 minutes
    Arena 18 minutes
    Guild Boss 15 minutes
    World Boss x2 50 minutes (If I do the morning one, which is rare)

You're really slow

Leave a comment:

• FufuBunnySlayer
    replied
    Bloody Inferno 15 minutes
    Guild Tree afk it
    Treasure Maps 10 minutes
    Battleground x2 50 minutes
    Tanks people still do tanks?
    Spire 15 minutes
    Tok 10 minutes
    MPD not worth doing
    Dimensions 30-90 minutes
    Arena 30 minutes
    Guild Boss 5 minutes
    World Boss x2 25 minutes

Comes to 3.5-4.5 hrs/day, depending on how ornery dimension is. Can cut that down a little, too, just go into BG near the end--can turn 50min into 10min for 2 BGs. You gotta add in some time to find groups for things, too, unless you have everything set. So maybe 4 hrs of play time on a "short" day, not counting afk time. Of course, your world boss will be much longer with a low population server, just like world boss will be longer with a low population/low BR guild.

Leave a comment:

• R225424182
    replied
    Originally posted by Arlad View Post
    aaaaanyway....
    there are no obligations for completing all runs. just do whatever you think important, and if you think the game is too hard to keep up with, better find a new game.
    and that is what many on our server are doing.

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    aaaaanyway....
    there are no obligations for completing all runs. just do whatever you think important, and if you think the game is too hard to keep up with, better find a new game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X