Purgatory maze - not a thread about how bad it... :p

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asgaard View Post
    What really bugs me about this is that we were lured by at least two mentors who posted in this forum that the maze dropped new sylph materials while it's untrue. I wouldn't say they lied but more like once again, they have no clue what they are talking about. Some people like me tried to maze and spent balens on the keys to get in based on the mentors posts and that's just not right.
    my guess is in the chinese game purgatory really drops those items. however the localization team omitted it so people would spend alot of money on it.
    i mean, why would they give us new feature with old crappy rewards that easier to obtain with old events? look at other events, they introduced DI with new items, mount hooves. same thing with BI with inferno shards and treasure shard thing.
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I am afraid you hit the truth

Comment

purgatory stops after 30 fyi

Comment

Originally posted by wasteguru View Post
          purgatory stops after 30 fyi
          Good job, sherlock.
          East coast archer.

Comment

as in I beat it sherlock

Comment

Anyone know how to beat the Stun Chain of L27?

My Kid used to be able to resist the stuns w/ his 2200 Influence, but now it seems they stun every hit, every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                Anyone know how to beat the Stun Chain of L27?

My Kid used to be able to resist the stuns w/ his 2200 Influence, but now it seems they stun every hit, every time.
                I come across same problem. The mobs and boss have high stun chance and keep me stunned 1/2 - 3/4 of the time. I'm able to wipe out the mobs, but waste so much time being stunned that I can't kill the boss before it buffs and kills me. I've tried different elements and haven't found any that boost my defense to it. I think this particular boss just requires a lot of luck and a lot of firepower so you can kill it fast while losing so many turns. Slowing the boss helps a little, but I spend too much time stunned to benefit much from it.

Comment

You want lots and lots of aoe for 27...i think when i beat it, i got a few turns off the stuns so just aoed the **** out of them, then when the mobs started dying off the stun frequency lessened a lot

Comment

Originally posted by gruntar View Post
                    You want lots and lots of aoe for 27...i think when i beat it, i got a few turns off the stuns so just aoed the **** out of them, then when the mobs started dying off the stun frequency lessened a lot
                    Part of the problem for a Mage in there is that our biggest AoE (DHT) stuns, so what it does is effectively get the enemy adds alternating stuns - so they stun every turn. Rotating Meteor / RoF just doesn't do enough to clear them in time. No Damage Boosting Talents / Passives don't help either .

Archers about the same BR as a Mage can get through those adds about 3 turns faster, which when you count the stuns in, is like saving 6 turns of attacks.

The Skill I'd LOVE in there is an AoE Slow. Wouldn't even need to do great damage, but just the effect of buying an extra round in-between the stuns is incredibly appealing.

Comment

Part of the problem for a Mage in there is that our biggest AoE (DHT) stuns, so what it does is effectively get the enemy adds alternating stuns - so they stun every turn. Rotating Meteor / RoF just doesn't do enough to clear them in time. No Damage Boosting Talents / Passives don't help either .

Archers about the same BR as a Mage can get through those adds about 3 turns faster, which when you count the stuns in, is like saving 6 turns of attacks.

The Skill I'd LOVE in there is an AoE Slow. Wouldn't even need to do great damage, but just the effect of buying an extra round in-between the stuns is incredibly appealing.
                      I'm confused, how does an archer do more aoe damage than a mage without stunning? DDS has a much higher stun chance than DHT, and LF and cursed arrows are less powerful than RoF and meteor. Although with passive damage boosts, that could easily push the dps over the mage. Enough to save 3 turns though? I wouldn't really know, knights pretty much only have whirlwind, which is the least powerful aoe, even though it's better than the actual listed numbers.

A stun should cut off the next attack to cast (probably why it's disabled in sylph arena), so it really shouldn't change the rotation of stuns. Slowing one of them definitely will, I made that mistake once, opening with mire, and got in about 3 more skills before the boss raged and killed me. So maybe you just got unlucky with the timing of the attacks with your stun?
                      An aoe slow would be amazing, but pretty much only in purgatory maze, basically useless everywhere else.

Comment

Small correction, knights have 2 aoe, whirlwind and bladestorm (advanced skill).
                        It's huge rage but still better damage than meteor/rof even tho less damage that DDS or DHT.
                        Any class only brings 2 AoE at most, can't do without rage/heal/freeze utitlity skills.
                        Idk about stuns bcI don't recall/never seeing DHT stuns anything in pve (only players).

Originally posted by Asgaard View Post
                        What really bugs me about this is that we were lured by at least two mentors who posted in this forum that the maze dropped new sylph materials while it's untrue. I wouldn't say they lied but more like once again, they have no clue what they are talking about. Some people like me tried to maze and spent balens on the keys to get in based on the mentors posts and that's just not right.
                        They do drop, but very rarely. I have 44 divinity stones from it since released (never bought any or exchange any on event)
                        I got 1 recently from level 21 for first time passing it, but hasn't got any again. I don't remember for moon rocks.
                        [morfinnor]
                        Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                          I'm confused, how does an archer do more aoe damage than a mage without stunning? DDS has a much higher stun chance than DHT, and LF and cursed arrows are less powerful than RoF and meteor. Although with passive damage boosts, that could easily push the dps over the mage. Enough to save 3 turns though? I wouldn't really know, knights pretty much only have whirlwind, which is the least powerful aoe, even though it's better than the actual listed numbers.

A stun should cut off the next attack to cast (probably why it's disabled in sylph arena), so it really shouldn't change the rotation of stuns. Slowing one of them definitely will, I made that mistake once, opening with mire, and got in about 3 more skills before the boss raged and killed me. So maybe you just got unlucky with the timing of the attacks with your stun?
                          An aoe slow would be amazing, but pretty much only in purgatory maze, basically useless everywhere else.
                          Lunatic (6s CD) does 134% + 25% = 159%. Add +20% Class Crit Boost, Add +22% Skill Crit Boost, Add +10% Damage boost after 1st attack, Add +10% Crit Damage. Considering 9/10 Attacks will Critical, that's a net +10 Rage Gain and rough +15% more damage (attack being equal) than Meteor with the same every-other-action CD rate and a better Rage Gain over time.

Don't cycle in DDS - it makes no sense. Cycle in Cursed Arrows (143% if I'm correct) and Incendiary (245% w/ 50% Splash) as the fillers. Cursed does 22% less damage initially on the Skill itself until you start applying passives, and then it catches up to equal, if not better RoF. Incend, when you take the half damage after the passive boosts does about a 150% equiv damage AoE to the non-primary targets.

It's a really brutal combo. And Lunatic is a fast-action AoE. Faster than RoF or Meteor. I've seen vids of Cursed -> Lunatic dual actions between stuns. A Mage can't do both an RoF and Meteor - they're too slow.

Comment

I said knights "pretty much" only have whirlwind, because bladestorm isn't very usable in purgatory, especially for the ones with stunning minions. WW + slasher is already a rage loser, and if your slasher gets stunned out of the rotation, you're losing rage even faster. Bladestorm does do a lot more damage, but at nearly triple the rage cost, rarely worth it.

Lunatic (6s CD) does 134% + 25% = 159%. Add +20% Class Crit Boost, Add +22% Skill Crit Boost, Add +10% Damage boost after 1st attack, Add +10% Crit Damage. Considering 9/10 Attacks will Critical, that's a net +10 Rage Gain and rough +15% more damage (attack being equal) than Meteor with the same every-other-action CD rate and a better Rage Gain over time.

Don't cycle in DDS - it makes no sense. Cycle in Cursed Arrows (143% if I'm correct) and Incendiary (245% w/ 50% Splash) as the fillers. Cursed does 22% less damage initially on the Skill itself until you start applying passives, and then it catches up to equal, if not better RoF. Incend, when you take the half damage after the passive boosts does about a 150% equiv damage AoE to the non-primary targets.

It's a really brutal combo. And Lunatic is a fast-action AoE. Faster than RoF or Meteor. I've seen vids of Cursed -> Lunatic dual actions between stuns. A Mage can't do both an RoF and Meteor - they're too slow.
                            I see what you're saying, adding nearly 20% damage to LF from the passives, on top of the inherent 10% crit rate boost (not counting the eye of the eagle boost, since that's too hard to figure, if it even changes the numbers), and it's over a 200% skill. That's nearly as strong as bladestorm, for a skill that gains rage and has a very short cd.
                            You're overstating archer abilities a bit, though, RoF is faster to cast than LF, and with a shorter animation, but I think meteor is relatively slow. No idea about cursed arrows, but it seems moderately fast.

Comment

I always find funny that when you talk about archer skill you always add the crit boost passive, those used to be a factor 1 year ago maybe but are pointless now when everyone is running with 25k crit or so.

rof is faster then luna, kid rof will hit before kid luna anytime. meteor is for sure slower then luna but not that sure it's slower then the other archer aoe tbh or at least it always looks slow on pvp.

@fancy For knight triton is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post

Archers are the dps class and have damage boosting passives; that might help them clear the mobs faster. Archers also have slightly faster casting than mages; not sure if that helps them get more turns unstunned or not.

Trying to use a delphic seems like a way to lose what turns I do get. Depending on luck, I'm either non stop stunned for several turns or stunned every other turn. If I tried to use delph, I'd most likely be stunned while waiting for skill to proc. At least RoF and Meteor hit before they have a second chance to try to stun me.

The number of stuns does decrease once the mobs are dead, problem for me is by the time I kill off the mobs, the boss is about ready to buff. I'm lucky to get 1-2 turns before that 1k% buff. It doesn't seem to have any elemental affinity; I tried light since most angel bosses that have elemental affinity are light, but that did not reduce damage at all. With my strong sylph, I can tank about 4 hits (5 if I bring heal rune). I just can't do enough damage to kill it. I've tried a few different sylphs. The sylphs with more dps lack aoes and the sylphs with more aoe lack dps. I either end up killing the mobs slower and running out of time before I can use the extra dps from dps sylph or kill off the mobs but unable to kill the boss fast enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X