Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battle Speed (Why do my opponents get more attack opportunities?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Speed (Why do my opponents get more attack opportunities?)

So, I've noticed that during most of my battles, my opponents are getting multiple back-to-back striking opportunities, whereas I only get one. For example, during a match (against a player or in-game enemy), my opponent(s) will strike twice before I do. Then, a few turns later, it'll happen again. Is my character lacking something that makes them slower in a fight? Is it related to how fast I select the skills I plan to use (and the QTE bonuses)? This problem has caused some rather depressing defeats (e.g. my opponent and I are down to our last bit of HP and rather than using my turn to attack and win they get a 2nd attack which kills me). Errrrgggg!!

Okay, thanks for the help.

Oh! Also, I have a question about Knight skills (e.g. Delphic Destroyer, Whirlwind, etc.). Are these skills considered "Magic Attacks"? If so, is it helpful for me to focus on increasing my magic attack level? Will it make the skills more powerful?

Your computer and/or connection is slow.

No, those are not magic attacks. All your attacks will be based off your character's PATK stat.

Comment

yea, that's what i thought. thanks.

Comment

This was discussed not that long ago in this thread.

A lot of the time, it could be put down to lag. However, there are attacks that can slow an opponent, or speed the caster to be able to do a second attack (at times a third).

To your last question, all knights attacks are PATK. The only reason any knight would build MATK in Academy is purely for 'fake BR'.
        Retired Moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_WTT View Post
          A lot of the time, it could be put down to lag. However, there are attacks that can slow an opponent, or speed the caster to be able to do a second attack (at times a third).
          Slowing effects, Like Deep Freeze, do not work in pvp. He's either lagging or suffering from R2's terrible communication time with the servers from other providers.
          Name: Phoenixia
          Server: R2 S-319
          Class: Mage
          BR: 911k
          Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
          Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Originally posted by rangelaeyes View Post
            Slowing effects, Like Deep Freeze, do not work in pvp. He's either lagging or suffering from R2's terrible communication time with the servers from other providers.
            Stop giving false info. Slowing effects work just fine in PvP.

Comment

Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
              Stop giving false info. Slowing effects work just fine in PvP.
              WRONG ! Deep freeze NOT work in PVP !

Comment

Originally posted by benoooo View Post
                WRONG ! Deep freeze NOT work in PVP !
                You are wrong! Deep freeze work in pvp since i have used it several times. It does not work in sky trail, Goods Descent and multi dungeons on nightmare mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Scourge203 View Post
                  You are wrong! Deep freeze work in pvp since i have used it several times. It does not work in sky trail, Goods Descent and multi dungeons on nightmare mode.
                  +1 for honest answer
                  Alchemist

S-287
                  1M+BR Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Scourge203 View Post
                    I disagree. Deep Freeze looks as if it works in PvP - player hit by icon. However there is zero slowing effect. I no longer bother equipping it for BG or CW, but when I am hit by it I still do just as many attacks as my opponent. If it worked, you would see the Top players using it in CW - as someone who has been in Warlords Hall for a year now - I have never, ever seen it used during finals.

Comment

Its not working in pvp. i'm sure !

You see the icon but no slowing effect !

Go make test !

Its easy to test it :

Deep freeze and let's auto attack.... NO SLOWING EFFECT IN PVP !
                      Last edited by benoooo; 03-13-2015, 09:23 AM.

Comment

OK, first off, a lot of knight skills are slow to cast, so if you try whirlwind, shield, or shadow thrasher, you're already going to be moving slowly, so that gives your opponent a chance for an extra hit, if they use faster skills. Slasher and ultimate slasher are fairly quick to cast, so make those your primary alternating skills in solo combat.

Second, the skill cast time starts counting from when you hit the skill button. I don't think the time you spend in QTE matters, although just having a QTE countdown has been shown to slow certain skills, notably intercept. I.e. intercept level 2-3 will always be slower than intercept level 1.

Third, slow effects do work in pvp, and have some impact, but it is not very much. You can see it dramatically if you are letting your toon auto-attack and get slowed. You'll get double hit in every round, pretty much. But if you choose a skill as soon as it's possible to select one, the slow effect will be minimal. The thing to keep in mind is that skill cast times are usually a lot less than the actual time between attacks, due to the animations and the time watching your opponent attack. So if your skill has a 1s cast time, and you're slowed, that's a 2s cast time, but that's still way less than the ~4s between your attacks in a regular fight. But if you're deciding which skill to take for a few seconds, that extra cast time can make a difference.
                        Note: no one knows the actual cast times for any skills or exactly how slow affects them, this is all from my years of observations and discussions with other players.

Also, if you have a laggy computer or connection, that will slow down your ability to select your next skill, which means you can get doubled on a lot easier. So some players will be disproportionately affected by slow, while others will barely notice. That's probably the main factor behind the disagreements here.

Comment

Just because the debuff applies to a person, does not mean it actually works. From BGs to duels to class wars, never once have I seen a slowing effect actually work. Thunderer is the slowest cast time of all Mage skills, while under the effects of a slow debuff, it still takes exactly the same length of time to cast it as it normally does.

I do not give false information, I give information based on my own observations.
                          Name: Phoenixia
                          Server: R2 S-319
                          Class: Mage
                          BR: 911k
                          Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                          Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Lol, next you're going to tell me that double hitting (pre-queue similar to wb) doesn't work in PvP either.
                            Last edited by Tranc3motion; 03-13-2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

slow works in pvp only if u do auto attack .... however if u use skills it absolutely have no effect

and now to your question about speed of attacks ,through expiriance of playing game I had, the more qte bonus attack have the more its slower (so if u use with knight EDD (which is very slow skill) and mage use lighting bolt he can do it 2 times maybe even heal and lighting bolt and similar combo , depending on lag ) u can try for example to see this speed use with mage rain of fire/meteor and knight whirlwind and mage will cast first aoe or archer lunatic and mage rain of fire/meteor mage will cast it first

and now there is also glitch so that skills aint grayed so when u casting one skill u can hit next skill which will be casted right after (provided it isn't slow skill like edd or bl which I mentioned in above)

to easy produce glitch use skill than when skill is casting(animation) hit space( sylph awaken) when awaken animation hit any skill or rune (after that ur skills wont be grayed and when sylph skill icon above your head is ready to be casted ur skill and rune bar wont be grayed,than u just hit 1.2.3.4.5 button or rune and u will produce double attacks

Comment

Working...
                              X