Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Battleground - unfair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been saying same thing for a long time now.... plus created thread just like this....
    giving game one last chance :

guild leader : endangered
    server 164 brighthollow
    class : archer
    current level : 54
    favorite title : Balenor's Number One Guild Master

Comment

Well, there are various solutions. I'm low-level and hanging out with L40's who gun for me. I figure I can...

(1) Just run. I show up and get at least 30 insignias. Not bad for no work.
      OR
      (2) Just lose. If my team doesn't start covering me by counterattacking, they will lose points and lose overall too. Their choice. I still get my insignias.

But maybe the most interesting option: If you attack someone of a much lower BR, YOU LOSE HONOR. Grinding low-level enemies should not gain you any ranking. Maybe you'll be MVP for the event, but you start eroding your rank because all you're good for is apparently attacking weak players and avoiding strong ones. Rank should mean something other than bottom feeding. Cowards shouldn't gain rank. If you attack someone of a much higher BR, you should gain more rank points if you win.

Now, we can't immediately see BR, so a modification might be to go by rank. If you are a Champion and attack a Private, you lose rank points, and lose even more if you actually lose the duel. This way, people who ground low-level characters to somehow get rank will also be exposed and be put back in their proper ranking compared to real Champions who actually have fighting ability for that title.
      Last edited by GrailQuest; 11-10-2012, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketis View Post
        R2 Gamers aren't going to do squat about this issue, and as long as it goes on like this, the more likely they are going to start losing players. I & my girlfriend are on the verge of quitting, as are several others, you are not alone!
        Their solution, it seems, is to make new Servers. Which is no solution at all, unless you consider it justice that all the bullies are left alone on the old servers when people quit to go to new servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Senjuu View Post
          congrats with that.. who's your mage btw?
          once i fought u, in BG n team arena, ur good. go 40 then lol. sorry off topic here
          Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Originally posted by GrailQuest View Post
            Well, there are various solutions. I'm low-level and hanging out with L40's who gun for me. I figure I can...

(1) Just run. I show up and get at least 30 insignias. Not bad for no work.
            OR
            (2) Just lose. If my team doesn't start covering me by counterattacking, they will lose points and lose overall too. Their choice. I still get my insignias.

But maybe the most interesting option: If you attack someone of a much lower BR, YOU LOSE HONOR. Grinding low-level enemies should not gain you any ranking. Maybe you'll be MVP for the event, but you start eroding your rank because all you're good for is apparently attacking weak players and avoiding strong ones. Rank should mean something other than bottom feeding. Cowards shouldn't gain rank. If you attack someone of a much higher BR, you should gain more rank points if you win.

Now, we can't immediately see BR, so a modification might be to go by rank. If you are a Champion and attack a Private, you lose rank points, and lose even more if you actually lose the duel. This way, people who ground low-level characters to somehow get rank will also be exposed and be put back in their proper ranking compared to real Champions who actually have fighting ability for that title.
            I actually agree with this in theory. It can be very frustrating. Especially since some of the higher levels get downright pissy when you manage, with the help of dryad's blessing at 70% cause you got hit so much and the fact they were slowly worn down to below half health, kill them. They tend to go for you every single time you set foot outside the safe area. I spent last night not even getting a total of the six, yes six shards, I needed to actually do another battlechest. Why? Cause some pissy level 45 was running around hitting everyone with their new gear just for shits and giggles. Where is the honor in that? At least stop targeting the same person all the time, spread it around. There should be a limit to how many times you can fight the same person in the BG. Otherwise they just farm for honor and don't even attempt to collect for their teams.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Originally posted by Serrin View Post
              I actually agree with this in theory. It can be very frustrating. Especially since some of the higher levels get downright pissy when you manage, with the help of dryad's blessing at 70% cause you got hit so much and the fact they were slowly worn down to below half health, kill them. They tend to go for you every single time you set foot outside the safe area. I spent last night not even getting a total of the six, yes six shards, I needed to actually do another battlechest. Why? Cause some pissy level 45 was running around hitting everyone with their new gear just for shits and giggles. Where is the honor in that? At least stop targeting the same person all the time, spread it around. There should be a limit to how many times you can fight the same person in the BG. Otherwise they just farm for honor and don't even attempt to collect for their teams.
              I prefer unlimited fights but having a penalty. They can just kill their own rank -- remember, you need a certain rank to use certain gear. Lose that rank, and you can't use that Champion gear you just bought, for example. Makes things REALLY interesting, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by XrosSlash View Post
                once i fought u, in BG n team arena, ur good. go 40 then lol. sorry off topic here
                (off topic) i see.. i won't be stepping into 40 just yet.. will max out guild skills and techs first.. lol

Wartune Retired
                IGN: Senjuu
                Server: S1 Temple of Ibalize
                Guild: Immortals

Yitien
                IGN: Senju
                Server: S5 Buddha's Dome, S7 The Golden Summit
                Clan: S5 Moon, S7 EXODUS

I'm a non casher player

My Guide/s:

File a support ticket here:

Comment

(off topic) i see.. i won't be stepping into 40 just yet.. will max out guild skills and techs first.. lol
                  ur still not 40 ?

dude just level up already i am doing fine in 40s (no 45 gear and still good)
                  thanks to AFKers we 40s can run carts and get lucky stones or whatever u want (I run carts for lucky stones precious for 45 gear since it fails alot)
                  Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                  [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                    ur still not 40 ?

dude just level up already i am doing fine in 40s (no 45 gear and still good)
                    thanks to AFKers we 40s can run carts and get lucky stones or whatever u want (I run carts for lucky stones precious for 45 gear since it fails alot)
                    lol.. i always to level up quite slowly simply because i wanted to max out what i can for that level. I am dying to get lvl40 troops but i won't because i'm saving enough daru for them to reach lvl40 in one go (11million daru needed). I don't have any problems regarding 45 gears 'cause i've bought 3 of them and working on the last one (600 insigs more). I'll upgrade them all to 15 after i got probably lvl6 or 7 guild skills.. i just planned it that way.. you play your way and i'll play my way.

(off topic again sorry for the inconvenience)

Wartune Retired
                    IGN: Senjuu
                    Server: S1 Temple of Ibalize
                    Guild: Immortals

Yitien
                    IGN: Senju
                    Server: S5 Buddha's Dome, S7 The Golden Summit
                    Clan: S5 Moon, S7 EXODUS

I'm a non casher player

My Guide/s:

File a support ticket here:

Comment

I totally agree that there should be separate areas for 40-49, 50-59, etc. It can't be that hard to code since they did it already for 30-39. So, really, there is no excuse for ignoring these suggestions.

OTOH, I'm not quite sure about rank erosion. If a Champion attacks a Private, then there shouldn't be a penalty, especially if that Private was on a killing spree. Maybe if there is a big difference in BR, or if you attack someone 2+ ranks lower than you.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevil314 View Post
                        If a Champion attacks a Private, then there shouldn't be a penalty, especially if that Private was on a killing spree. Maybe if there is a big difference in BR, or if you attack someone 2+ ranks lower than you.
                        Killing spree on who? On Commoners? You lose rank. Do it all you like but you will never get to use the rank-dependent items. Your team may win in BG, but I'm betting people will be too selfish to think about that and start protecting their own Rank. Like they do now -- they don't really care about points for the win, only MVP.
                        Killing spree on other Privates? Fine. Eventually your rank will rise if you keep winning and then you will play in the next higher league (e.g., Champions). I think it is a self-regulating system because ultimately rank is just a number. It's the rewards that come with rank, such as being able to use gear. Tons of Insignias won't help you if you can't use the higher-level gear because you destroyed your rank doing cowardly attacks.

Right now the game as a whole is one where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. A good capitalistic model for R2 if they want people to spend money and, as some people put it, pay-to-win.
                        I think this encourages selfishness, and the rank-erosion scheme, which takes away rewards (what they are selfishly aiming toward) will be self-regulating and self-motivating.

Something I forgot to add in the original suggestion is that you ONLY gain/lose honor from combat. In BG and you just collect crystals? No honor change. You're just helping your team win, which pays enough in insignias and battlegrounds chest pieces. This way, people who don't want to be in the rank ratrace can be excluded instead of being forced slowly into Private rank.
                        Last edited by GrailQuest; 11-11-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

lol.. i always to level up quite slowly simply because i wanted to max out what i can for that level. I am dying to get lvl40 troops but i won't because i'm saving enough daru for them to reach lvl40 in one go (11million daru needed). I don't have any problems regarding 45 gears 'cause i've bought 3 of them and working on the last one (600 insigs more). I'll upgrade them all to 15 after i got probably lvl6 or 7 guild skills.. i just planned it that way.. you play your way and i'll play my way.

(off topic again sorry for the inconvenience)
                          wow not bad
                          ur way is good too i think
                          Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                          [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Killing spree on who? On Commoners? You lose rank. Do it all you like but you will never get to use the rank-dependent items. Your team may win in BG, but I'm betting people will be too selfish to think about that and start protecting their own Rank. Like they do now -- they don't really care about points for the win, only MVP.
                            Killing spree on other Privates? Fine. Eventually your rank will rise if you keep winning and then you will play in the next higher league (e.g., Champions). I think it is a self-regulating system because ultimately rank is just a number. It's the rewards that come with rank, such as being able to use gear. Tons of Insignias won't help you if you can't use the higher-level gear because you destroyed your rank doing cowardly attacks.

Right now the game as a whole is one where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. A good capitalistic model for R2 if they want people to spend money and, as some people put it, pay-to-win.
                            I think this encourages selfishness, and the rank-erosion scheme, which takes away rewards (what they are selfishly aiming toward) will be self-regulating and self-motivating.

Something I forgot to add in the original suggestion is that you ONLY gain/lose honor from combat. In BG and you just collect crystals? No honor change. You're just helping your team win, which pays enough in insignias and battlegrounds chest pieces. This way, people who don't want to be in the rank ratrace can be excluded instead of being forced slowly into Private rank.
                            Interesting. So if I reading your last suggestion correctly if you cart you don't gain any honor? So to get the 45 gear you have to start killing players...and who will you go after? If you only get honor from killing players and you don't get honor for losing to bigger players...who does that leave to kill? Oh that's right. Silly me. Its those weaker than you. I forgot.

Also on another note you say players farm little players for that MVP title? Do you now what you get for MVP? Absolutely nothing. No bonus honor, insigs...you get jack diddly except for some bragging rights. So no, not all players kill other players to be MVP. If you actually got something then that would be different.
                            Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                            BR: 67K
                            Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
                              Interesting. So if I reading your last suggestion correctly if you cart you don't gain any honor? So to get the 45 gear you have to start killing players...and who will you go after? If you only get honor from killing players and you don't get honor for losing to bigger players...who does that leave to kill? Oh that's right. Silly me. Its those weaker than you. I forgot.
                              Not even sure you read the original posts.

You get honor from fighting other people who are on intent on gaining Rank. You don't gain honor when you attack someone of lower rank -- It's important who attacks who. You can wait till you are a high level before you start and try to zoom to the top, but that means you didn't get to use the lower-ranked gear during the time you were accumulating levels. Or you can start right away and claw your way up, fighting people of equal or higher rank.

I don't think I said anything about honor and losing to bigger players.

Comment

You're just helping your team win, which pays enough in insignias and battlegrounds chest pieces.
                                I take back the part about battlegrounds chest pieces. 20-60 runs for 60 chest pieces, then you pay 20k to synthesize, only to open it and maybe get something worth 2k. That's worse that spinning at the guild altar, which costs the same but is more convenient for possibly the same level of reward.

Comment

Working...
                                X