Who's stupid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's stupid?

I can't help to notice that R2 has been giving away a lot of precious items lately, like the evolved sylphs, the legendary stones for the pvp set, the accumulation of honor, and so on... Items that benefit the 'new' players a hell lot, because as an 'old' player I remember myself playing hard for it and spending a whole lot of time and a bunch load of balens on it. Yet, lately I've seen that they throw these expensive items after you as if it were mud. Do I need to say that I feel kind of f....d?

Ofcourse, I reckon that the new players appreciate this gesture of R2, but I'm not sure R2 appreciates my thought that, if I just wait long enough, I get it for free. Or in other words, probably, R2 has been undermining itself big time.

Now, where they introduce the new (pokemon-like) evolved evolved sylphs, I feel like I really... I mean really... dont need to rush for it, because i 6 months time or so, I'll get it for nothing.

Way to go, R2...
    ~o~ Guild Master of saXens ~o~ Archer OviusX br 786.4 k ~o~ Main Sylph Medusa DreyziaX br 122.6 k ~o~ Main Eudaemon Archer Freya br 277.1 k ~o~ Triple merged server Terrowin ~o~

It really isn't anything new tbh. New things like mounts and sylphs are just luxuries that cashers get a head start on, but eventually everyone will have the mount and/or sylph.
    Just like when the Cloud Caller mount came out, I think the recharge price was $1k and later on everyone was able to get one from csgb shop.

But anyway, if I were you, I wouldn't rush for the new evolutions either, unless you were already planning to recharge 100k balens. o:

Comment

if you buy lets say an iPhone today, do you expect it will have the same price after 2 years?
      THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

They have to give the cashers an incentive to keep cashing. What better than to let the free players catch up a bit. Forces the heavier cashers to keep cashing to keep ahead

Comment

dont rush it then, and you forever stay behind top players.

that's what noncashers are doing.
          Level 49 Archer
          BR 150k

Comment

It's not like all mounts are free these days, since they nerved the coin drop (or basically all decent drops from event chests with that ridiculous 3 in one event boxes), it's still not likely one can have all mounts for free.

I don't really care they give away the refined pets away tho, they are still white and need to be build up from scratch unlike those whom are build from purple quality.

On a side note, as some sort of compensation we might need some better exchange events for the old stuff to get rid off, or better rewards from the current MPD's.
            Last edited by pietjeprecies; 03-21-2015, 04:45 AM.

Comment

I like the opinions you guys came with, thank you for that.

Yes, it's definitely true that without buying the newest of the newest stuff you wont be able to stay in the top 10 of... of what actually? Some virtual World with virtual prizes? Besides, you have to be a very very heavy casher with ocean Deep pockets to if you're ought to stay in the top 3 players.

And buying and iPhone would benefit you more in the long run, I dont think its comparable with buying virtual game items on a server, that dont lose their value after 3 months. It's all about the X-factor, when it's brand new, everyone wants it and pays overprice.

To my opinion, dunzo explains it very well: let the free players catch up, so the (heavy) cashers need to stay ahead. That kindoff summons it well. So... in that case, I'm gonna stay behind and start catching up and using my Money on an iPhone
              ~o~ Guild Master of saXens ~o~ Archer OviusX br 786.4 k ~o~ Main Sylph Medusa DreyziaX br 122.6 k ~o~ Main Eudaemon Archer Freya br 277.1 k ~o~ Triple merged server Terrowin ~o~

Comment

It is kinda logic tho, however I recognize the feeling.
                Im not a big spender, however I did spend quite a few to get a hades, just no luck there.
                It really bothered me when I saw lvl 30's and close to everyone's alt getting one for free.

Comment

I understand what you're talking about.
                  I don't know the reason why this is happening,but if I look at it from a new player's point of view,there is no way to compete with the older players,therefore there wouldn't be too many new players starting to play wartune,they would probably look for other recently launched games.

Comment

Originally posted by Xander. View Post
                    I understand what you're talking about.
                    I don't know the reason why this is happening,but if I look at it from a new player's point of view,there is no way to compete with the older players,therefore there wouldn't be too many new players starting to play wartune,they would probably look for other recently launched games.
                    I bet 70% of new players quit when they get their inventory filled with stuff they can not use yet, and see what extra space costs.

Comment

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
                      I bet 70% of new players quit when they get their inventory filled with stuff they can not use yet, and see what extra space costs.
                      This is so true, I never understood why they set such a high barrier so early. Seems like a huge price for something so basic will chase off a lot of their potential best customers before they even get started. I guess they offset it by luring them into a big buy in the first few days.

Comment

it's true the current state of the game doesn't help new player. When we started, one page was enough, but now, it's hard to even play with 2. without mail inventory, it would have been a real pain.
                        RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
                        Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

Originally posted by OviusX View Post
                          I can't help to notice that R2 has been giving away a lot of precious items lately, like the evolved sylphs, the legendary stones for the pvp set, the accumulation of honor, and so on... Items that benefit the 'new' players a hell lot, because as an 'old' player I remember myself playing hard for it and spending a whole lot of time and a bunch load of balens on it. Yet, lately I've seen that they throw these expensive items after you as if it were mud. Do I need to say that I feel kind of f....d?

Ofcourse, I reckon that the new players appreciate this gesture of R2, but I'm not sure R2 appreciates my thought that, if I just wait long enough, I get it for free. Or in other words, probably, R2 has been undermining itself big time.

Now, where they introduce the new (pokemon-like) evolved evolved sylphs, I feel like I really... I mean really... dont need to rush for it, because i 6 months time or so, I'll get it for nothing.

Way to go, R2...
                          idiots pay right away
                          smart people wait for a later day

Comment

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
                            nope, they just dump it. if i see i can't use it until level 70 (or whatever) out it goes

it will be available again, there is no such thing as rare when it comes to infinitely producible valueless pixels

Comment

Piet, MrFancy, it says I cannot up-vote your comments until i give up-votes to more posters . The inventory is a big problem to new players. I gave away my old toon and started a new free toon, to see what it's like to start these days. New players are now given 1200ish balens in the first week, but those who do not know to spend most of it on inventory ... and thus probably do not know what's ok to delete, good ways to save space with synth/convert, etc., ... many get into bad spots before they even start to like the game. Part of me wants to be helpful and describe ways that the developers and new players could work together better, but why do that for developers who are more interested in making new things to sell than in making the game more playable.
                              Class: Thief (Why play a game if you cannot steal cool things from monsters)
                              Special Abilities: Clairvoyance (prevents Stun effect)
                              Special Armor: Mirage Vest (Dodges 50% of attacks)
                              Special Accessories: Ring of Order (prevents Chaos effect), Thief's Glove (increase steal rate)

Comment

Working...
                              X