Useless Block in PvP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useless Block in PvP?

I'm 62 lvl Knight. I have 2200 block (only astral, atributes, without gems), and 2/2 Enhanced Block, witch heals me 4% (max 3k) hp when I'm blocking.
    Astrals: p atk, crit, p def, m def, determination, sacred and block. What are u think about change block to Goddes Blessing (or Illusion)? Or Block still good in pvp?
    Last edited by Gravity9999; 03-24-2015, 08:10 AM.

I like block a lot, imo it outweights any defense stat. But you need much more than 2200 to be effective - gems, refines. Of course there are others who focus on pdef and mdef instead. Its a personal preference, but if you dont gonna get higher block better remove it for now. Also goddess blessing astral is one of the best out there, next best after the dps ones so you should get it no matter what.
    THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

2200 block is pretty low even for your level, running around without gb is a suicide move, how much crit you got? Block is pretty op in general but not even close to gb, if you don't crit reliably i'd dump crit till lvl 70 and go wd, get block and goddess blessing instead.

Comment

If I choose blessing, when i up 70 lvl what be better Illusion or block? (I dont want change skills now) I plan to take 70 lvl in a month
        how much crit you got?
        3800 crit, 7 lvl astrals determination, p atk, sacred. 26 p atk, 62 hp, All gems p atk and crit for WB. I feel a glass gun...
        Last edited by Gravity9999; 03-24-2015, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity9999 View Post
          If I choose blessing, when i up 70 lvl what be better Illusion or block? (I dont want change skills now) I plan to take 70 lvl in a month
          3800 crit, 7 lvl astrals determination, p atk, sacred. 26 p atk, 62 hp, All gems p atk and crit for WB. I feel a glass gun...
          If you gonna level up quickly to 70 then just remove block (don't feed it) for now and get goddess blessing then at 70 put block back, illusion is pretty much useless, mine is lvl 10+refine and procs maybe once out of 50 hit i take.

Comment

Before penetration, about 8k block was enough for max effect (blocking 75-80% of the time). Now with 2 penetration astrals and dragon soul, you need 13k block for max effect.

Comment

I am a mage & I used to have around 15K Block at some point before I decided to convert all my Block Gems to HP and Mdef. It seems in PVP, there is no much use of Block,
              especially vs. Archers.... Not sure about Knights but I believe they have better defense effects for them. I only have the Enshieldment astral & in general an average of 6K block which is pretty low for my 120K MATK & 24K Crit. I know its handy in PVE but imo, not worth the loss of BR [When the gems are hp or mpdf] for mages.

Comment

Until you can build up some decent level 7+ block gems, block is pretty much worthless in pvp, since everyone has penetration to negate a big chunk of it. And if you don't have goddess blessing already, realize that level 8 RGB is like blocking every single hit, just without the 3k heal. So even a level 4 RGB is about the same as a 50% block rate.

Comment

Working...
                X