Non-Paying Players as Guild Masters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Paying Players as Guild Masters

Might seem like an odd topic of sorts, but I was wondering what your guys' thoughts were on non-paying players being guild masters.

So far, all the guilds that I've joined have had a strong, heavy paying player as the guild master. I recently joined [S56] Dawnton Forest and created a guild of my own, and I am a non-paying player. There are one or two paying players in the guild that are stronger than me. In my view, guild masters should strive to be the strongest of the guild(s) that they are leading. It sort of makes me feel as though I am letting my guild down...

Am I just worried about it too much? I am a decently experienced player and I can often answer questions and help our guildmates with any problems they may be having regarding the game, but since I am a non-paying player I can never have that "strength" that some other players (the paying players) do.

Do you think non-paying players should even be guild masters in a game where paying players are dominant? Do you think guild masters should strive to be the strongest of their guilds?

I'm just interested in your guys' thoughts. It's something that I started wondering about myself.

If you have anything else you'd like to share on the matter, please feel free to do so.
    In-Game Name: Drayga
    Server: [S86] Mireworth Keep
    Guild: Vicious (Guild Master)
    Class: Knight

"Get Drayga'ed."

Hey Buddy ... A guild is not about strength.. A guild is about bond,unity,friendship.. Well thats just my view.. But i do like to say one thing to you.. A guild master should never doubt his toon.. Belive in your capabilities.. You can be great as a non-casher too .. Take proud in your toon and your friends/guildies.. And you will do great ..

Comment

Originally posted by creedx View Post
      Hey Buddy ... A guild is not about strength.. A guild is about bond,unity,friendship.. Well thats just my view.. But i do like to say one thing to you.. A guild master should never doubt his toon.. Belive in your capabilities.. You can be great as a non-casher too .. Take proud in your toon and your friends/guildies.. And you will do great ..
      Thanks for the reply, and for the encouragement, too! I do agree with what you've said. The best thing about a guild is its friendly and welcoming atmosphere, providing that it has one. However, I also think that competing is a big part of guilds at the same time.

"Get Drayga'ed."

Comment

My guild treats everyone as equals, and there is no feeling of competition amongst who the strongest is. Perhaps this will change with guild wars but as of now I don't think it matters if the guild master contributes the most or not.

Comment

Originally posted by R24877577 View Post
          My guild treats everyone as equals, and there is no feeling of competition amongst who the strongest is. Perhaps this will change with guild wars but as of now I don't think it matters if the guild master contributes the most or not.
          I see your point. I at least try and contribute as much guild as I can. My guild has a 50K/day minimum, and if I can't do any more then I always at least do that for us. However, most of the time I contribute 150K+ at the least (each day). My guild is level 3 now, with level 2 Skill Tower (all skills activated), level 1 shop, and level 1 altar. I think we're making some great progress! I am happy that a lot of my guildmates are contributing so much to the guild. I think I see a bright future ahead of us.

To be honest, now that I'm thinking about it again, I don't quite know why I was feeling like I was letting my guild down. You both have made some very good points in your posts, and I agree with everything that you have said.

"Get Drayga'ed."

Comment

Originally posted by Medras View Post
            Might seem like an odd topic of sorts, but I was wondering what your guys' thoughts were on non-paying players being guild masters.

So far, all the guilds that I've joined have had a strong, heavy paying player as the guild master. I recently joined [S56] Dawnton Forest and created a guild of my own, and I am a non-paying player. There are one or two paying players in the guild that are stronger than me. In my view, guild masters should strive to be the strongest of the guild(s) that they are leading. It sort of makes me feel as though I am letting my guild down...

Am I just worried about it too much? I am a decently experienced player and I can often answer questions and help our guildmates with any problems they may be having regarding the game, but since I am a non-paying player I can never have that "strength" that some other players (the paying players) do.

Do you think non-paying players should even be guild masters in a game where paying players are dominant? Do you think guild masters should strive to be the strongest of their guilds?

I'm just interested in your guys' thoughts. It's something that I started wondering about myself.

If you have anything else you'd like to share on the matter, please feel free to do so.
            in S1 the best guild leader now is a free user
            if ur guild master strong but have bad attitude , doubt u will stay in that guild ..
            [S1] Temple Of Ibalize
            NasrulEyo
            Mage
            Havoc

"I'm Moving Forward Bcoz Of Friends , Ty For Supporting Me Friends & Havoc"
            U can submit a here
            My guide

Comment

Originally posted by terayaki2 View Post
              in S1 the best guild leader now is a free user
              if ur guild master strong but have bad attitude , doubt u will stay in that guild ..
              It's nice to hear that a free user is a successful guild master. I guess I'll have to take that and use it as inspiration now!

I agree with your statement about the bad attitude. Guild masters should be helpful, kind, and always willing to give advice/tips or guide their guildmates down the proper path (whether it be character building or whatever else in the game).

"Get Drayga'ed."

Comment

i just think that guild leader dont need, to be heavy casher. Because in my option all guildmates have same reputation for being in guild. All peoples at guild are egual, and all can help guild to growth. So i dont think that u needed to be non casher. Only active and that should be enough

Comment

so true , those bad attitude you know who you are , even no farm friends

Comment

i am guildmaster in s31 and i am free user ..
                    my guild is rank 2 in that server now ..i am not the strongest in my guild but i am willing help my member when they need my help and never stolen farm from my member ..just be kindly and friendly that all

Comment

Working...
                    X