Archer Skill Upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bolananas2nd View Post
    and who said we don't need archers? we love to have archer for badlands or garden death. best dps on game, and i love it more if they have scattershot when in garden. everyone hate boss's rd. reflect 50% damage. if only knight's rd effect just like that... (we will only need to focus on hp).
    After Garden of Death, we may need archers, but the thing can be done with 1 knight and 3 mages or 2 knights and 2 mages, so... yeah... ditch archers

And, 50% reflect will make the game flooded with knights only, mage and archer population will drop, like 90% drop.
    The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

i love my knight i don't whine..i just get my arse working how to improve my avatar and try it on others that are stronger than me. instead of complaining why not play around with yer toons? archers are not weak nor mages and knights are not op. like the previous people said it is balance and that's that period. if ye can't get over with it go work yer arse and buy balens maybe you need it lol "no harm done against cashier players =)". see you guys in team arena =) and hi to all my friends in s40 hope all ye guys there are doing good!
      ....Black Rock Shooter where have you been....hopelessly...aimlessly....wandering to a vast future of uncertainty...

IGN: Teresaâ„¢ - of the faint smile -
      Class: arse kick'in damage suckin knighty!!
      server: 8 the promise land lol

Comment

sigh, another archer whining, yet in our server, the archer is number 1! hmmmm, guess he fixed his 'weaknesses' hey? gems, guild skills what can i say? I'm a mage and been owned since day 1, even worse when I hit level 40 (gawd) yet now I'm starting to win because my pdef is going up and my matk, I finally get to beat those archers who were kickin my butt!!! More rage consumption for a mage??? ReallY??? We gain rage the slowest and lose it fast already! How about you toughen up and quit whining? I still lose to archers, even when I kill all their troops, by the time my aoe kills all their troops, their lunatic shot hits me and my troops and we are both standing there pretty evenly matched up. Believe it or not, it's a pretty close match up between archers and mages. As for group arena, I've seen some devastating 3 knights that can tank almost anything, lolol. Ever stand against a triple cyclone? Especially being a mage, it sucks with low pdef and getting 3 of them hitting the cyclone, lolol. Knights in their late 50's get evil I'd rather take on an archer, lolol! Increase ur attack so you kill fast, cuz if you dont, you die in the midgame! Thats the role of the archer, hit fast and hard early. All the archers I fear take out my troops with multishot in 2 turns, or they hit me and I pray they hit my troops ! Now, start getting your mdef/pdef up there and quit whining!
        Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

lolol that was really entertaining to read.
          now my thoughts:
          firstly, the highest br on my server (S56) is a mage. the next two are archers. then knight archer mage archer mage. as you can see, mages and archers are pretty even in the top ten.
          second, why are we complaining about mages? in my opinion, knights are the scariest. my first character was a knight that i got up to lev 30, and i absolutely hated it, if only because i would only hit the front row of troops which were nigh impossible to kill. but now, as a lev 32 archer, i've found that knights are harder to kill than mages. i have a good crit rate and patk, yet i barely do damage to knights while they are suddenly hitting me with 2k ultimate slashers. meanwhile, as long as my multi-shot hits the mage, i basically win the pvp battle. the problem occurs when my multi shot doesn't hit the mage the first time.
          thirdly, mages AoE can be countered. i was in a 3v3 with two 12k+ players on my team, one other archer and a mage, and even if i died (i was merely in it for free insignia), the other two players, AN ARCHER INCLUDED, were still standing despite the fact that we were getting rocks hurled at us almost every turn.
          honestly, archer have an upper hand on mages only if we up our crit and patk and pray that our attacks hit the mage, not his/her troops. but even with this limitation, there's no reason to say that archers are absolutely the worst.

Comment

and to continue on my previous post, top ten in arena rankings are mostly archers.
            also, archers are not unwanted; i see my guildmates discussing dungeon teams and arena teams all the time, and each class is accepted willingly into the teams. It must be that your guild isn't willing to help you in arena; therefore, you should get a better guild.

Comment

Ok, Archers already Crit way too much, they have the fastest cooldowns(attack 2x to your 1x), rule the WB event, etc. Yeah Mage AOE's are nasty, but doesn't 100% compare to an archers rapid attacks, or their skills for +100 Crit, etc. Knights have it the worst in some cases, low MDEF, slow attacks, etc. They should just leave the classes where they are, and if anything take a look at skills of each class, balance them more, and have everyone right around the same cooldown time, rage cost, etc. However they will never balance this game in any aspect, so it is even pointless to post here, but we do anyways because everyone is like me, have our own opinions, and speak our minds. Just would be nice if there was less bashing of one another on here cause everyone looks at things differently. Now for example the BG event is way overated, and can be difficult to participate at times, ask anyone who plays this. You will get different responses. Yes we whine, yes we ridicule, but hey we all play this game, lets stop being disrespectful to one another, and just have fun. That way R2 Games can maybe someday make this game better than what it currently is. And again if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all!

Comment

@Ketis: Same cool down time will make Archers AND Mages die in front of Knights, so no~~~
                The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by Ketis View Post
                  Ok, Archers already Crit way too much, they have the fastest cooldowns(attack 2x to your 1x), rule the WB event, etc. Yeah Mage AOE's are nasty, but doesn't 100% compare to an archers rapid attacks, or their skills for +100 Crit, etc. Knights have it the worst in some cases, low MDEF, slow attacks, etc. They should just leave the classes where they are, and if anything take a look at skills of each class, balance them more, and have everyone right around the same cooldown time, rage cost, etc. However they will never balance this game in any aspect, so it is even pointless to post here, but we do anyways because everyone is like me, have our own opinions, and speak our minds. Just would be nice if there was less bashing of one another on here cause everyone looks at things differently. Now for example the BG event is way overated, and can be difficult to participate at times, ask anyone who plays this. You will get different responses. Yes we whine, yes we ridicule, but hey we all play this game, lets stop being disrespectful to one another, and just have fun. That way R2 Games can maybe someday make this game better than what it currently is. And again if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all!
                  knights are slow but since we wear heavy armor i guess its expected
                  but we can tank ALOT
                  archers are weak in tanking
                  they can barely survive 5 hits when their troops are gone

build a knight right and u get the best fight
                  build an archer wrong and trust me ur gonna be squashed all the time

all classes are balanced
                  just play right

PS: i make archers cry like babies since their troops are their power
                  Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                  [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Being a mage myself, I often get killed easily by archers, getting hit by multishot 2-3k per hit & that AoE that hits 3 times with1.5-2k per hit ...yeah i've suffered that. Archers even move twice most of the time & I really hate that especially when 1 last hit determines the winner. But then again, like being said numerous times, all classes have pros & cons. So instead of whining, I learn to beat them with combination of astrals & skills. After some time, it obviously increases my chances against archers. The greatness of archers is that they don't need to be that strong to be strong, you know what I mean. It's because of their insanely high crits. With similar defense, mages can easily die to archers with lower attack because they crit most of the time. Crit adds a lot of damage. We're no talking about 10-20% increase, we're talking about around 50% or more increase. To make it worst, mages have low HP. So that's another plus to archers. So it's a no-brainer that I need to increase my hp to stand a chance against archers, in addition to defense, of course. So you see, you really need to work around a little bit & see what works best for you. In my opinion, mage is a more complex class compared to archers. We really need to consider our build. We need to decide whether to go for healing or offense. As for me, I go for both, so it's a mixed build, thus, allowing me to have a moderate chance to survive in arena, deal moderate damage to WB & moderate chance to survive in catacomb. As for archers, most of the time they just go for damage, damage, damage. I will still lose to archers who really focus on their damage & crit. But I don't really mind, that's just how the game goes & I'll try to find ways to stand a chance against them even more, just like what I've been doing since I first started the game...
                    I don't need a plan.....just a goal, the others.....will follow on their own.

Comment

Working...
                    X