Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My weak body can't handle the hecticness of this game...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My weak body can't handle the hecticness of this game...

Much like everyone else who works full time and has long commute (>4 hours a day), I took out much of my sleep time & lunch break to play Wartune. It seems like my weak body can't handle the game >6 hours each day every day. A few hours of sleep every day for 2 years seems to have left some trace in my real life. Anyone else having similar experience? Not going to talk about how time consuming this game has become (and that's too obvious LOL) and not complaining about it; just feeling like I might be too weak to handle the hecticness of this game. Anyone else having similar feelings & care to share your thoughts & ideas?

1, an addict wont mind < continues to ruin his body

2, a smart person chooses which dailies he have to do, alot of dailies will be sacrificed < continues to ruin his character

3, busy people compensates with balens < continues to ruin his wallet

i'd say im more of 1, like you.
    Level 49 Archer
    BR 150k

Comment

The first time I started playing Wartune "for real" I got so addicted to it I began to hurt myself (it was a long time ago, though - newest things implemented were clothings). I would nap in the afternoon and set an alarm so I could wake up and do Ragnoch. I would avoid going out at night when important events where on (eg: GB, CW) and so forth. One day I argued heavily with my former Guild Master and decided to SELL EVERYTHING and ragequit. It was like I got Cupcakes and woke up. Apparently these things happen for a reason. I've been away from the game for almost one year, then got back to my old server to join a friend and now I play again with my old toon. I enjoy the game. I do what I want to do in-game and I tend not to spend more than 1/2 hours per day on it. Now, it's fun again, because a game it's supposed to be fun. When you stress so much about it that it becomes a job, it means it's not fun anymore and you need to take a break of some sort.
      Could be anything. Could be quitting once for good, could be getting a pause for some days. Could be breaking your own rules, like levelling up instead of camping for ages or waiting for a certain event to take action. Anything helps really, as long as it breaks the routine and "wakes you up". You've got no idea how refreshing it is.

What I've learnt is that these type of games can become pretty dangerous, especially if you've got let's say a lot of free time (eg: unemployment). Wartune is built in such a way that if you play it thoroughly it gives you the illusion of actually spending your spare time on something meaningful, when it's not. In the end, it's only a game, wheter you spend money on it or not. Nodoby knows how long will it last, so it better be fun and easy IMHO.
      Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 03-31-2015, 07:25 AM. Reason: details and typos

Comment

I admit, Wartune is very addictive. Despite all its flaws, it's nonetheless still played by many & we still endure most of such. To me, the game itself is rather boring, but it's too hard to leave all the people we know from this game. Many become online friends on other social sites, and some become good friends or even business partners in real life. For numerous times since early 2014, I had considered quitting totally, but still stayed all the way. My friends in-game felt like family, and they drove me to play even on days when I really just wanted a break, because I couldn't leave them alone & not help them for one day (I'm a g m, as you could tell). Maybe not everyone would stay in game to help others (I belong to a rare species, I know), but for one reason or another, we still continued. Thinking back, I still don't know why I still play LOL

Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
        1, an addict wont mind < continues to ruin his body

2, a smart person chooses which dailies he have to do, alot of dailies will be sacrificed < continues to ruin his character

3, busy people compensates with balens < continues to ruin his wallet

i'd say im more of 1, like you.
        I personally don't want to stress on game progress, because I also feel that game should be fun & not painstaking. But when the difficulty level of almost everything rises, it's hard to even keep playing or helping others if you aren't considerably competitive. But to be competitive, you really need to spend time in this game, even if you also spend tons of cash on it. When I first started, I had thought the big guys weren't hardworking at all because they bought everything, but after a while, I found out they also got up at 5am in the morning to start their dailies & slept after midnight to finish their runs, even if they weren't online during business hours. That's like shrinking their sleep time to under 5 hours, which WAS sorta shocking to me, until at some point I also started that routine. Many played for much longer than me (started at your time), and are still playing now. I really don't know how they could keep up with that, but I guess some are retired & need to do something to pass time.

Originally posted by GiordanoT88 View Post
        The first time I started playing Wartune "for real" I got so addicted to it I began to hurt myself (it was a long time ago, though - newest things implemented were clothings). I would nap in the afternoon and set an alarm so I could wake up and do Ragnoch. I would avoid going out at night when important events where on (eg: GB, CW) and so forth. One day I argued heavily with my former Guild Master and decided to SELL EVERYTHING and ragequit. It was like I got Cupcakes and woke up. Apparently these things happen for a reason. I've been away from the game for almost one year, then got back to my old server to join a friend and now I play again with my old toon. I enjoy the game. I do what I want to do in-game and I tend not to spend more than 1/2 hours per day on it. Now, it's fun again, because a game it's supposed to be fun. When you stress so much about it that it becomes a job, it means it's not fun anymore and you need to take a break of some sort.
        Could be anything. Could be quitting once for good, could be getting a pause for some days. Could be breaking your own rules, like levelling up instead of camping for ages or waiting for a certain event to take action. Anything helps really, as long as it breaks the routine and "wakes you up". You've got no idea how refreshing it is.

What I've learnt is that these type of games can become pretty dangerous, especially if you've got let's say a lot of free time (eg: unemployment). Wartune is built in such a way that if you play it thoroughly it gives you the illusion of actually spending your spare time on something meaningful, when it's not. In the end, it's only a game, wheter you spend money on it or not. Nodoby knows how long will it last, so it better be fun and easy IMHO.
        Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 03-31-2015, 07:28 AM. Reason: post merge

Comment

yes it takes to much time up. A month ago I stopped playing my lv80 because of taking all day to finish everything and now I just play a level 44 camper and get to enjoy myself for a just a 2-3 hours a day and all the stress is gone.

Comment

meh, usually i only need 60-70 mins to do my importan MP runs. BI+DI 40 mins, maps 15min, then enter spire to afk with my team. skip atoll, skip nirvana (tho its only 15 mins, the rewards turned me off), afk on altar when going to sleep, skip bounty when there is no event. i cant remember any other worthy daily activities.

as for solo, only WB that took a bit long, which is 2x 20 mins. BG once a day in last 10 mins, guild boss 1 fight then exit.
            my time mostly wasted on dimensions, which can take 2 hours on bad days. and on forums(not just this forum).
            Last edited by Arlad; 03-31-2015, 10:41 AM.
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
              meh, usually i only need 60-70 mins to do my importan MP runs. BI+DI 40 mins, maps 15min, then enter spire to afk with my team. skip atoll, skip nirvana (tho its only 15 mins, the rewards turned me off), afk on altar when going to sleep, skip bounty when there is no event. i cant remember any other worthy daily activities.

as for solo, only WB that took a bit long, which is 2x 20 mins. BG once a day in last 10 mins, guild boss 1 fight then exit.
              my time mostly wasted on dimensions, which can take 2 hours on bad days. and on forums(not just this forum).
              how a bad day in dimension can waste time?? u could explain plz?? I might missing something in dimension...

Comment

Originally posted by KARNO123 View Post
                how a bad day in dimension can waste time?? u could explain plz?? I might missing something in dimension...
                Farming a dimension (have all maps open and conquered already) can take me a good 1-2 hrs depending on lag, how many times I have to run across the map, and if I get distracted. It's just slow. When not farming, they usually only take 15 min or so...though the last few days doing expert took 1-2 hrs, too (lots of high hp boss fights--not difficult, just time consuming).

That said, I just pick and choose what I do. I do both wbs, hop in 2 bgs, run maps/th, group arena, jewel hunt, dimension, ammy mines (if not busy), then lump all my MP stuff together in one group basically (di tok spire bi - takes about 70 minutes to do all 4). Rest of the stuff I can blitz/afk (altar, cata, necro if I have keys, solo dungeons). I don't do bounties, vana, tanks, fishing, atoll boss. I usually do the afternoon bgs cuz I like them better, but can squeeze my entire wt day into 9pm-midnight if needed (and sometimes I have to due to work). I'll miss a day of arena and one wb, but not a huge deal.

Comment

If it becomes work, take a break from the game.

If the 'hobby' effects real life, take a break from the hobby or you may break in real life.
                  [B]Server: [S413] Shadowledge- IGN: Spot - Guild: Glory

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                    Farming a dimension (have all maps open and conquered already) can take me a good 1-2 hrs depending on lag, how many times I have to run across the map, and if I get distracted. It's just slow. When not farming, they usually only take 15 min or so...though the last few days doing expert took 1-2 hrs, too (lots of high hp boss fights--not difficult, just time consuming).

That said, I just pick and choose what I do. I do both wbs, hop in 2 bgs, run maps/th, group arena, jewel hunt, dimension, ammy mines (if not busy), then lump all my MP stuff together in one group basically (di tok spire bi - takes about 70 minutes to do all 4). Rest of the stuff I can blitz/afk (altar, cata, necro if I have keys, solo dungeons). I don't do bounties, vana, tanks, fishing, atoll boss. I usually do the afternoon bgs cuz I like them better, but can squeeze my entire wt day into 9pm-midnight if needed (and sometimes I have to due to work). I'll miss a day of arena and one wb, but not a huge deal.
                    That's still 4-5 hours worth of stuff on a good day. Most of it's a choir and not much fun other than group arena and bg's imo. just mindless grinding we feel must be done to stay competitive.

Comment

I created a lower level alt on a brand new server, where no one knows me & I just got on to play for like 15 minutes once in a while. That was an attempt to do the same thing as you, that is, to quit the higher levels & just get a little fun once or twice a week & not care about any game progress. Issue is that newer servers died off & got merged very fast, & many players on that server were not-so-nice people (that was sad). So I returned to my old places & continued the hecticity of advanced 80s, because sweating with friends is still better than relaxing on a ghost server full of not-so-nice people.

Originally posted by Sarla_Sudra View Post
                      yes it takes to much time up. A month ago I stopped playing my lv80 because of taking all day to finish everything and now I just play a level 44 camper and get to enjoy myself for a just a 2-3 hours a day and all the stress is gone.

Comment

I just do the basic stuff, make a few clicks, do only the things with no CDs & skim/skip all things with CDs on the non-VIP characters, half a WB per day (except recently I did 2 to upgrade new troops), do some of the routine clicks while standing in spawn in BG & run out every 5 minutes to avoid AWOL auto-kick, still did tanks on non-spender characters, the group stuff are basically like yours, except we don't do maps & skip Nirvana & TOK half the time (not strong enough to beat TOK NM ... *shy*). I usually avoid Adv. dimensions & just did basics & int. so on most days it took only 5-10 minutes. I do bother to collect shards from ALL dimension guardians since they are all one-hit easy fights. My knight has a stable group & can finish most group runs within 3 hours a day, but we took much time to help guild members, which significantly lengthens the amount of time needed online. My archer doesn't have a group so she takes forever to get her runs done, if I ever got them done at all. I did only events & blitzing on the mage so she's sort of a carefree character. I had paused game progress & got on just for social on all of them at some point, but it was hard to stop doing upgrades while in game, so still picked up their development after some break time. It feels difficult (& a little peer pressure) when you are still active but fall behind for not doing your dailies, but such boring & tedious dailies are worse than the endless chores in real life. I wished there were such thing as "blitz your dailies", but there isn't. Maybe it's time to retire from Wartune, or maybe I should play at most once a week. Not sure which way is a good way out. We can buy time in game, but there's a limit on how much time we can save by spending, and it's sort of senseless to spend more when we want to retire.

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post

Comment

I don't spend half the time playing as I used to. Just don't have the time or initiative for it.

By the way....does anyone know where I can find a fly swatter? Or even a rolled up newspaper? I wanna squash some of these bugs I've been having to contend with.
                          Name: Phoenixia
                          Server: R2 S-319
                          Class: Mage
                          BR: 911k
                          Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                          Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Working...
                          X