Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

wartune future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nangijala View Post
    Lies lies lies.

A lot of things is changing.

And if ur too blind to see it,,,heres a hint!

Less income of items needed for classic events, less rewards from classic events. More rewards from big spenders event.
    There has been a strong trend of the game both getting more expensive (to compete at the top) and massive "free" rewards for the top spenders (free in "" due to the fact you have to recharge and/or spend thousands to get this free stuff). However, free players also are getting a lot more for free. I'm an older player and remember when soul crystals and whips were virtually impossible to get for free from anything other than guild battle rewards (SC also came from the rare lucky mp/solo/altar drop, but only 5 at a time). They have gotten a lot more generous to both cash and non cash players over the 2.5 years I've been playing. Sylph arena, dimensions, jewel hunt, fishing, Tower of Kings, etc are all events that give out fairly nice amounts of stuff for free that used to be hard to get or cash only.

There was a brief cycle, 2-3 months, where the events made explosive growth possible for those who weren't maxed. You'd max your soul engrave, exchange all your thousands of excess SC for whips, get rewarded with gem packs for using the whips, then get more SC from unlimited gem event. Sometimes, you even got event boxes from unlimited events, making it possible to get the mount and other top rewards for free. It was a nice cycle and benefited many players who were lucky enough to be playing and have the resources on hand to benefit from it. I suspect recollection of that 2-3 month "golden time" is what makes people think the events suck now. Some of the events are lame, some are pretty good. They come more than once a month most of the time, so if you don't like the one that is up, save your stockpile for the next one. It may well be they try to sucker us into wasting stuff on the first event that comes around so that you have to cash to benefit from the next one that has good rewards.

Comment

Originally posted by UesugiAnkit View Post
      I'm gonna be honest, I thought the Vulcan Hammers would have been at least a bit easier to get by now. I wish they'd add them to either atoll boss rewards or the atoll shop, since after getting the mount, everything else in there is worthless to most.
      heck, the day I got my mount is the day I stopped doing the Atoll Boss. same thing with most of the heavy hitters on our server. I stopped doing wilds too, but have started them again for the new item drop to earn some fast Mahra.

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
      There was a brief cycle, 2-3 months, where the events made explosive growth possible for those who weren't maxed. You'd max your soul engrave, exchange all your thousands of excess SC for whips, get rewarded with gem packs for using the whips, then get more SC from unlimited gem event. Sometimes, you even got event boxes from unlimited events, making it possible to get the mount and other top rewards for free. It was a nice cycle and benefited many players who were lucky enough to be playing and have the resources on hand to benefit from it. I suspect recollection of that 2-3 month "golden time" is what makes people think the events suck now. Some of the events are lame, some are pretty good. They come more than once a month most of the time, so if you don't like the one that is up, save your stockpile for the next one. It may well be they try to sucker us into wasting stuff on the first event that comes around so that you have to cash to benefit from the next one that has good rewards.
      A perfect example is the recent Resistance Crystal refine events. we had one that was just your standard prize structure. Craft one, earn one a level below.
      Then, right after that one ended, we got a new one, craft one, earn 2 at one level below, with an added bonus of a Level 8 transponder for crafting a level 7 crystal.

And I do recall that Golden Time. Got my SC to 80, Stables to 8, MTW everything except Int to max, and all Gems to Level 9 with a huge stockpile left over.
      Last edited by R225424182; 04-05-2015, 01:15 PM.
      If you can't win, cash harder

Comment

Originally posted by R252856585 View Post
        I stopped playing seriously end of last year. Now I casually play on server 565 (r2), where my only true interest is watching the spending. The "top player" literally buys whatever is being sold, however much is being sold. As the server started in early January, he is already 350k br, has the light/dark combo sylph, got all 15 lvl 7 resist crystals before the back-to-back events, on and on. ... The thing is, he does not care to play much (I never see him in world boss, his guild only recently convinced him to go into guild battles on Fridays so they can be top guild), nor does he care to learn strategy. He just wants to buy all the things R2 sells. If you had people like that giving you over 100,000 dollars in three months just to buy whatever it is you decide to sell, what is your motivation to have a game? ... not a rhetorical question, by the way. I actually wonder if there is a real motivation to make a game in that situation.
        that makes me think that he could be a "plant" by the company, someone to take top spot, and encourage others to try and cash more to beat him. Since the main goal is to inspire competition among players to be the best on their server, it makes sense to have a ringer set the standard.
        If you can't win, cash harder

Comment

Originally posted by R225424182 View Post
          heck, the day I got my mount is the day I stopped doing the Atoll Boss. same thing with most of the heavy hitters on our server. I stopped doing wilds too, but have started them again for the new item drop to earn some fast Mahra.
          Right? Lol Same with my server. Hell I logged in this morning to find that atoll boss was going on and two hours later it still hadn't died. I remember someone in wc saying that it was at last bar, and that was about 30 minutes before I got off so I'm not sure how long after that it took to kill.

Same thing with me for wilds. After getting the mount and all the titles I stopped doing it, but I try to do it occasionally because of the new exchange for mahra. O: Maybe they can revive atoll boss by doing something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by UesugiAnkit View Post
            Right? Lol Same with my server. Hell I logged in this morning to find that atoll boss was going on and two hours later it still hadn't died. I remember someone in wc saying that it was at last bar, and that was about 30 minutes before I got off so I'm not sure how long after that it took to kill.

Same thing with me for wilds. After getting the mount and all the titles I stopped doing it, but I try to do it occasionally because of the new exchange for mahra. O: Maybe they can revive atoll boss by doing something similar.
            Steps to reviving atoll boss:
            - Give hammers reward in addition to the stoves
            - Add mahra/seps/adv.mahra/adv.seps to loid exchange ... moon rock/moon dust would be wishful thinking but yeah would definitely get people doing boss
            - Add 30min-1h cd timer if boss not dead by then = instant death/rewards given out

That should make a good number of people happier... (subject to some complaints still probably)

Comment

Originally posted by R225424182 View Post
              that makes me think that he could be a "plant" by the company, someone to take top spot, and encourage others to try and cash more to beat him. Since the main goal is to inspire competition among players to be the best on their server, it makes sense to have a ringer set the standard.
              I tend to assume there are corporate plants, but only for that first 4 weeks of a server. On multiple servers, I have seen a pattern where some player is the top of the br list and G M of the top-level guild, while being a big ******* to other cashers, then suddenly abandons the game while refusing to let someone else be the G M of the guild (making sure the guild dies).
              Class: Thief (Why play a game if you cannot steal cool things from monsters)
              Special Abilities: Clairvoyance (prevents Stun effect)
              Special Armor: Mirage Vest (Dodges 50% of attacks)
              Special Accessories: Ring of Order (prevents Chaos effect), Thief's Glove (increase steal rate)

Comment

Working...
              X