• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Events

Can Hot Events get any Worse?
    Well the simple answer is OH YES.
    Just what are the people at R2 and the Developers thinking
    Anyone know or got any ideas ?

In what way are they getting worse? The last Resistance Crystals event was very good imo.
    We can't always have good events every time.

Comment

Different people have different needs/wants. An event that sucks by your standards might be just what another wants. For instance, I get mount hoofs far faster than I get mounts, so tend to turn up my nose at any mount refine event that doesn't give event boxes. I already have enough hoofs to max my refine, so the use and get some back has 0 appeal to me. For others still nowhere near maxed, it may be a good deal. Gain BR, get stronger, plenty more hoofs will come before next event, unless they do them back to back. The armor refine seems kind of lame, but may rock for campers. If they have the refine crystals and the free locks we get from jewel hunt, they can get all 10s on their gear and get rewarded for it. Long as they can do it for free, its a win. The Holy Forge events, due to the very few cash free sources of hammers, are more of a casher only affair. Its still nice to take what I have stockpiled and get rewarded for using it though.

My biggest gripe about events is the xp. I'm a higher level player and maxed on all but advanced talents. However, I see how it affects others on the server who do not want the xp. They feel forced to camp in order to enjoy the PvP parts of the game and see these xp bombs as a deliberate nerf from the devs; level up or cash, otherwise you can't even get most event rewards without all that odious xp. They really should give it in the form of xp books rather than instant. That way, players could store it for when they want to level and then gain xp super fast.
      Note: I know many don't like campers. I see camping as harmful, but it is a self perpetuating problem. As more and more camp, it forces those who play in the same level bracket to camp also to compete. Not all care about competing, but for those that do, the only real way to compete with campers is to out cash them or to camp also. The devs could do something totally evil to get rid of campers though; make arena and bg give xp.

Comment

Originally posted by UesugiAnkit View Post
        In what way are they getting worse? The last Resistance Crystals event was very good imo.
        We can't always have good events every time.
        Definitely was one of the better events we had (but troll timing putting it right after another crystal event -- tho iirc they did the same with an unlimited gem event in the past) anyways, would rank this crystal event in a close rank to the unlimited gem/whip/sc cycle, ends up giving you a lot of crystals in return, had nearly nothing at start an ended up almost getting double gains by the end of it so all in all that was the first (in recent months) generous event.

Now... if only they could put some hammers. 4000 stoves vs 1 hammer in bag, terrible fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
          Now... if only they could put some hammers. 4000 stoves vs 1 hammer in bag, terrible fairness.
          It's pretty ridiculous how they hold on to stuff and then just release it through events, like we had SC and whips in the past. I just can't stop laughing how they modified the purgatory maze drops so they don't give second sylph evolution items AT ALL. Like getting 2-3 items /5 levels would totally interfere with people cashing for items.
          IGN: AncientEvil
          Server: EU-271+merged
          Class: Archer
          Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
            It's pretty ridiculous how they hold on to stuff and then just release it through events, like we had SC and whips in the past. I just can't stop laughing how they modified the purgatory maze drops so they don't give second sylph evolution items AT ALL. Like getting 2-3 items /5 levels would totally interfere with people cashing for items.
            for the maze, they will probably add one or two more heavy recharge / spender event with them before correcting it.
            as long as people accept to pay to get the evolve sylph, why give it for free ?
            RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
            Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
              Wanna trade? I've a ton of hammer and no stove, ab is the worse event ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ArnaudBo View Post
                for the maze, they will probably add one or two more heavy recharge / spender event with them before correcting it.
                Well there is a new recharge event up
                IGN: princestewii
                Server: Kabam 86

Comment

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
                  Different people have different needs/wants. An event that sucks by your standards might be just what another wants. For instance, I get mount hoofs far faster than I get mounts, so tend to turn up my nose at any mount refine event that doesn't give event boxes. I already have enough hoofs to max my refine, so the use and get some back has 0 appeal to me. For others still nowhere near maxed, it may be a good deal. Gain BR, get stronger, plenty more hoofs will come before next event, unless they do them back to back. The armor refine seems kind of lame, but may rock for campers. If they have the refine crystals and the free locks we get from jewel hunt, they can get all 10s on their gear and get rewarded for it. Long as they can do it for free, its a win. The Holy Forge events, due to the very few cash free sources of hammers, are more of a casher only affair. Its still nice to take what I have stockpiled and get rewarded for using it though.

My biggest gripe about events is the xp. I'm a higher level player and maxed on all but advanced talents. However, I see how it affects others on the server who do not want the xp. They feel forced to camp in order to enjoy the PvP parts of the game and see these xp bombs as a deliberate nerf from the devs; level up or cash, otherwise you can't even get most event rewards without all that odious xp. They really should give it in the form of xp books rather than instant. That way, players could store it for when they want to level and then gain xp super fast.
                  Note: I know many don't like campers. I see camping as harmful, but it is a self perpetuating problem. As more and more camp, it forces those who play in the same level bracket to camp also to compete. Not all care about competing, but for those that do, the only real way to compete with campers is to out cash them or to camp also. The devs could do something totally evil to get rid of campers though; make arena and bg give xp.
                  As a camper, I'm so waiting to see that happen (bg and arena to give exp).
                  This game is eating too much of my time, and I hope they would do something like that to force F2P out of the way so that the game could hit a dead end.
                  Then, I can migrate to League of Angels or some other better game, where building hero char is way easier..
                  "Why so glum? As if you ate a sour plum,
                  Why so grim? I think you need some pimple cream,
                  Why so serious? :-o "

"Game disappointment? If the game won't change, then just change your game! (you play)"

Comment

Originally posted by ArnaudBo View Post
                    Getting 5 items out of 500 needed /day for 150 balens(BBs) is not free. 100 days and 15.000 balens seems about right for an average player who doesn't cash like mad. But nooooo, they'll just wait 150 days and give it away in some event just like that, so any noob with a bit of luck might get it. So what's the point of playing every day? Do SFT daily for seals and honor or wait 6 months and get it all in some event.
                    IGN: AncientEvil
                    Server: EU-271+merged
                    Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
                      Getting 5 items out of 500 needed /day for 150 balens(BBs) is not free. 100 days and 15.000 balens seems about right for an average player who doesn't cash like mad. But nooooo, they'll just wait 150 days and give it away in some event just like that, so any noob with a bit of luck might get it. So what's the point of playing every day? Do SFT daily for seals and honor or wait 6 months and get it all in some event.
                      do they people who do the event play the game ? I doubt
                      for now, they just want to give real heavy casher an advantage.
                      later, if they don't want to see many people stop, they will add some other way to get them
                      is it the good way to do it ? I don't know. is it the greedy way to do it ? for sure
                      RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
                      Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

just how long have you been playing ?

Comment

these set of lame events are just unfunny april fool's joke from the devs. tomorrow(or the day after) we should have the "normal" events back.
                          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

No eastern events was quite a surprise, I was looking forward to find some eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                              these set of lame events are just unfunny april fool's joke from the devs. tomorrow(or the day after) we should have the "normal" events back.
                              Tomorrow even worse.

New box in box event,,,and this time it doesnt start with 1 chest, it starts with 2, spoiled candy, and lollipop.

So happy to keep the spoiled candy,,,,since its a really good chest.

Only need 2000 of them to do 2nd evolve ( + 10000 joke hats), 4500 if light or dark sylph (15000 joke hats). All in all a great deal.

*Conclusion*

Box in box event has been nerfed even more, 50% worse than last time, since spoiled candy isnt worth a thing.
                              Last edited by Nangijala; 04-07-2015, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X