• Show
Clear All

• Is this normal?

Click image for larger version

Name:	no_gold.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1768831

Sometimes when I win after plundering another player I get 0 gold. Is it normal? Since the gold reserves are always generating gold shouldn't I be able to get something (maybe even a 2-digit amount of gold) no matter what? Or if the gold is below a certain amount you won't get anything?

nothing updates while a player is not logged in such as gold. So if a player is gone for an extended period of time their gold reserves go down to zero really easy (and when they log in it will update for all the gold they earned while being away).

Comment

if you are capped on gold, you dont get more from plunders either
      THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
        if you are capped on gold, you dont get more from plunders either
        But the player who has been plundered losses gold even though it says he doesn't !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dukec2 View Post
          nothing updates while a player is not logged in such as gold. So if a player is gone for an extended period of time their gold reserves go down to zero really easy (and when they log in it will update for all the gold they earned while being away).
          how does it go down to 0 when off?
          Level 49 Archer
          BR 150k

Comment

Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
            It's how game "protects" inactives, it's been a "feature" for a long, long, long time, if you try to plunder someone that's been offline for a certain point in time you either get minimal gold (like 50) or 0. Not sure what cutoff point is, few weeks, a month, more.

Comment

Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
              If I understood correctly what dukec2 wrote, your goldmine keeps generating gold non-stop, but the actual amount of gold is updated only if you log back in. Prolly the game "keeps that in mind" in the background so if players quit for good eventually their gold reserves will deplete after a while, unless they log back in. If they get back to playing Wartune after a long time, the counter might probably cap instantly (it happened to me as well).

Comment

Since inactive players make the most appealing plunder targets for a lot of players, their gold tends to get down to 0 pretty quickly. I have an alt I let sit idle for a long time, and I could see the plunders getting successively less gold over time, going down to 0, but I had max gold on login, so you can't be plundered for more than you had when you logged out.

Comment

Similar to what this post says, MOST THINGS do NOT update while a player is not logged in. It means your character data is saved & kept unchanged until you login next time. During the time period when you are offline, your data is not updated (equivalent to read-only). Other players and the ranking system can read & display your data, but no updates will be made, including all the things that will change over time, such as blessing wheel, medallion, VIP status, castle appearance, etc. So if someone leaves game while still fully blessed, has a medallion on, and still a VIP with a custom castle look, they will appear this way forever (until they login again). This probably has nothing to do with player protection; just an easy way to save system resources & avoid recomputing character state for every read request, which always happens every night when the ranking system updates ranking.

The weird thing about castle plundering is that, GOLD PRODUCTION is NOT added to the target's GOLD RESERVE when a player is offline, but each plunder still takes away 10% of their GOLD RESERVE from the last time they got plundered (or the time when they logged off, if it is the first plunder after they went offline), which drains their gold reserve down to zero over time. So basically, castle plundering takes only 10% of the gold reserve from last plunder. Any newly produced gold is not calculated & not added to gold reserve until the player logs in again.

Originally posted by dukec2 View Post

Comment

Working...
                  X