Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Is it possible to stay competitive if I skip most activities?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to stay competitive if I skip most activities?

I've been playing Wartune for almost 2 years (on my main/knight). After some careful consideration, I decided to operate on reduced mode. Playing for 6+ hours a day is now history.

Now I do DI every other day. Do WB maybe 2 or 3 times a week. Do MPD/TOK/Spire/BI only on weekends. Usually just got on, make a few clicks, play the mini games for a few minutes, start tree & get EXP in chamber, collect rewards from hot events, do a little inventory sorting, check messages & PMs & do a few social routines, start Guild Beast & make 1 hit, & then go offline blitzing. Harvest gold & kyanite seeds & energize marriage tree once a day. Never do AB/wilds/CQ/MQ/etc. Do maps/sky trail/sylph arena/solo arena only for event & only when I feel like doing it.

Is it possible to stay competitive if I skip most activities & just operate in the above-mentioned mode?

So far, after 2 weeks of doing so, I haven't noticed any deceleration in BR increase rate nor felt like falling behind peers yet. My spending has increased a little (because of the last recharge gift pack & I felt like I must get a new pet ;D), but not much. But I don't know if I could still stand alongside my peers after a while, maybe like in a few month.

I feel so much happier this way, but fear some day I'd cease to be a member of my usual team for falling too far behind. Any "successful lazy players" around that care to share some experience? Is it possible to stay competitive if I skip most activities?

if you max out most stuff that should not such a big deal

So long as you get the important stuff too
    Mad love for my crew

The golden rule in wartune
    Maximizeâ„¢
    Guess whose back with trouble?
    ©S174

Comment

With the new patch about to come out, you will quickly fall behind on the new content if you're not keeping up with it. Especially the eudaemons, they will be rocketing up in strength for top players, and likely with events coming soon, you'll be able to get them boosted a lot.

If you prioritize carefully, you can still keep up to some extent, but this game is definitely designed to suck you in and take up all your free time. Plus time you should be doing other things.
      If you're not doing dimensions, though, that will hamstring you badly, especially after the update next week. TOK looks to be more important after patch too. Spire, DI, and BI are all things you can get away with doing less often. There is a new MPD coming, and that will be necessary to get the new gear items, but from what I have seen so far, those are not huge BR contributors.

Of course, if you were feeling overwhelmed, and you were thinking about quitting, then I say cut down on the game activities, and then you will at least have a few months of enjoying it again even if you do fall behind.

Comment

OMG...sounds like I must do group runs again >.< that sux :_(

I do only basic & int. dimensions now. just click around for some minutes a day. not going to bother with advanced or expert any more (got expert for once but couldn't finish it).

I'd want my kids aka Eudemons coz they look cute But according to you...it seems like in a few months I'd not be able to play with my usual team any more (currently 450-600k). I just hope they put up some events so that lazy players could also pay a little to stay competitive. Not a big casher (if I ever considered myself a casher at all :P). Not aiming at being a top player. Just want to play with my game pals & enjoy the game like a social MMORPG.

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
        With the new patch about to come out, you will quickly fall behind on the new content if you're not keeping up with it. Especially the eudaemons, they will be rocketing up in strength for top players, and likely with events coming soon, you'll be able to get them boosted a lot.

If you prioritize carefully, you can still keep up to some extent, but this game is definitely designed to suck you in and take up all your free time. Plus time you should be doing other things.
        If you're not doing dimensions, though, that will hamstring you badly, especially after the update next week. TOK looks to be more important after patch too. Spire, DI, and BI are all things you can get away with doing less often. There is a new MPD coming, and that will be necessary to get the new gear items, but from what I have seen so far, those are not huge BR contributors.

Of course, if you were feeling overwhelmed, and you were thinking about quitting, then I say cut down on the game activities, and then you will at least have a few months of enjoying it again even if you do fall behind.

Comment

Working...
        X