Mage's Skill talk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage's Skill talk

hi guys, what do you guys think about the mages Delphic thunder frenzy and Delphic Flame Tornado skills ? I personally think that the percent of damage should be raised on at least one of them just for the fact that they do barely any damage and to use either one is a waste of rage. but some would say that the mages thunderer could be considered a Delphic all on its own and there is no reason for either one. well I think if mages had a working Delphic that did the damage that is posted you would be seeing more mages in the top ten in world battles. instead of archer and knights dominating the boards because there Delphic attack are more effective than mages. now right now you're all thinking well the mages thunderer as a short cool down and only needs 50 rage. yes this is true but since our Delphics are infective in Wb we only use thunderer and lighting bolt while the other two classes are using both of there Delphics or another attack.
    Mage: level 80
    Battle rating:guess
    Server 26 Europe Kabam merged with servers 16, 49

" My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."

-R2games

That's just the game is built and we just accept it and move on

There was a time when freeze worked on WB and we knights really suffered

A Herc complements your damage so I really don't see the point
    Mad love for my crew

The golden rule in wartune
    Maximizeâ„¢
    Guess whose back with trouble?
    ©S174

Comment

Originally posted by sweetwaters View Post
      That's just the game is built and we just accept it and move on

A Herc complements your damage so I really don't see the point
      that's true but every little bit of damage helps with that 200k/300k damage adds quite a bit of gold and duru to your pot
      Mage: level 80
      Battle rating:guess
      Server 26 Europe Kabam merged with servers 16, 49

" My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."

-R2games

Comment

But you get Apollo prizes and gold from DI and there is no set limit for gold capacity with new patch incase your offline for some time
        Mad love for my crew

Maximizeâ„¢
        ©S174

Comment

as a mage i dont think any of those skills need buffs, our class just aint the wb slayer type. that's ok, i dont mind im happy they implemented class top 10.
          dont forget knights have a stronger basic atk and strong delphic, and archers use AP not delphic which is nice when they worked on their talents.
          i love thunderer, it's low cost, low cd and has slow. we are the heal class after all, not the dmg class.

but if any skill needs a boost it should be all the adv skills of all classes in general, i mean the skills are just ridiculous, they are not special they are mediocre. i decided to ditch adv skills and focus on the normal skills...

Comment

anything that doesnt get used needs a buff and anything overused needs a nerf.
            Level 49 Archer
            BR 150k

Comment

Originally posted by sweetwaters View Post
              Yes, I remember that whole week.
              Class: Thief (Why play a game if you cannot steal cool things from monsters)
              Special Abilities: Clairvoyance (prevents Stun effect)
              Special Armor: Mirage Vest (Dodges 50% of attacks)
              Special Accessories: Ring of Order (prevents Chaos effect), Thief's Glove (increase steal rate)

Comment

I simply don't think they are worth it due to the amount of rage they cost. I roll with a maxed Thunderer. I rarely see people using DTP or Flame Tornado. Our rage is precious haha.

Also in regards to WB, I use Icebolt as well. But that's about the only time I use it.

Comment

Originally posted by vibranthearts View Post
                  I simply don't think they are worth it due to the amount of rage they cost. I roll with a maxed Thunderer. I rarely see people using DTP or Flame Tornado. Our rage is precious haha.

Also in regards to WB, I use Icebolt as well. But that's about the only time I use it.
                  DTF is awesome for arena =)

Comment

Originally posted by Nangijala View Post
                    DTF is awesome for arena =)
                    I think you mean DHT, DTF is still terrible pretty much anywhere you go.

Thunderer is kind of a mini-delphic, but it has a super short cd, so if you're lucky with rage reducers, that can really deal a lot of damage. Without any rage reducers, the low rage gain makes it a lot harder to dps. For the same reason, I don't think there's much point in revising the delphics - unless they did incredibly over the top damage, it wouldn't be worth it to carry 80 or 100 rage skills, when you can use the 50 rage one over and over.

Comment

hmm if u compare
                      thundererx2 vs 1LB+DTF
                      thundererx2
                      dmg: 295*1.25*2 = 737.5
                      rage: 100 used, 24 gained
                      casting time: 2xlong

1LB+DTF
                      dmg: 400*1.15 + 110 = 570
                      rage: 100 used, 34 gained
                      casting time: 1x long + 1x normal

im choose thunderer x2 anytime

i only like dtf when in BI, build rage on mobs then you go berserk + dtf on bosses
                      Level 49 Archer
                      BR 150k

Comment

Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
                        hmm if u compare
                        thundererx2 vs 1LB+DTF
                        thundererx2
                        dmg: 295*1.25*2 = 737.5
                        rage: 100 used, 24 gained
                        casting time: 2xlong

1LB+DTF
                        dmg: 400*1.15 + 110 = 570
                        rage: 100 used, 34 gained
                        casting time: 1x long + 1x normal

im choose thunderer x2 anytime

i only like dtf when in BI, build rage on mobs then you go berserk + dtf on bosses
                        Hey,don't you use damnation maybe some runes
                        Mad love for my crew

Maximizeâ„¢
                        ©S174

Comment

Originally posted by michael509 View Post
                          hi guys, what do you guys think about the mages Delphic thunder frenzy and Delphic Flame Tornado skills ? I personally think that the percent of damage should be raised on at least one of them just for the fact that they do barely any damage and to use either one is a waste of rage. but some would say that the mages thunderer could be considered a Delphic all on its own and there is no reason for either one. well I think if mages had a working Delphic that did the damage that is posted you would be seeing more mages in the top ten in world battles. instead of archer and knights dominating the boards because there Delphic attack are more effective than mages. now right now you're all thinking well the mages thunderer as a short cool down and only needs 50 rage. yes this is true but since our Delphics are infective in Wb we only use thunderer and lighting bolt while the other two classes are using both of there Delphics or another attack.
                          next time dont post about it.....cuz then the mages haters show up....about blah why we heall all the time...why guardian exists etc
                          this is why.....we have no delphic working....and no thunder is equal to armor piecer and shadow trasher...so wheres my working delphic?no one knows...no one will ever know
                          IGN:Choco(ex:InnØceήce)
                          Class:Mage
                          Level:80
                          Server:Scarstone-S274
                          Battle rating:1.6 mk(nice fake BR)
                          Guild:Genesis
                          The more beautiful and pure a thing is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt it.

Comment

hi guys, what do you guys think about the mages Delphic thunder frenzy and Delphic Flame Tornado skills?
                            Delphic - Thunder Frenzy - 310% w/ QTE. Front Row Only. 80 Rage, 60s CD. Totally not worth it. It's at best hitting 2 targets in GB / CSGB setup, and even in Arena, it's likely only to get 1 since most people run 1 front w/ high pdef and 3 back.

Delphic - Hell Thunder - 320% w/ QTE. Full AoE. 100 Rage, 41s CD (Talent). This was actually pretty good since it was a full AoE and had a stun chance. And the chance to spawn multiple HP Shields at 14% Max HP was nice too. However, since Influence came about, the Stun is ineffective. The Rage cost is also prohibitive since the Mage takes so long to regain their Rage. It's really a specialty power now for the right situations. It should never be used as a lead-in for things like Arena fights or GB fights anymore. It's generally better to run a RoF & Meteor or just a Meteor (since it's CD is only 5s w/ Talents and can give back 10% of max HP) if you're tight on AoE skills.

Delphic - Flame Tornado - 415% w/ QTE. Full AoE. 80 Rage, 40s CD (Adv Talent). Damage Shared. As an AoE, this power is absolutely awful. Vs 4 Targets it's only doing about 104% damage to each. With troops plus the new Eudaemons, that's a standard fight now. In Arena, we may be seeing 8 Targets with those things, meaning it will only be doing 52% damage to each. It's a waste when a RoF does 165% to everyone and will actually gain you rage.

And it's really not a good single-target attack either. Starting from 100 Rage, Using a Flame Tornado + Ice Bolt (both fully upgraded) back to back does 620% Damage and leaves you at 16 Rage, taking 3 turns to fully execute (Delphic is super slow). Doing back-to-back Thunderers from 100 Rage does 640% and leaves you with 24 Rage. It also leaves you more skill slots open. Flame Tornado, no matter how it's used, is either inferior to RoF/Meteor or is inferior to Thunderer.

I personally think that the percent of damage should be raised on at least one of them just for the fact that they do barely any damage and to use either one is a waste of rage. but some would say that the mages thunderer could be considered a Delphic all on its own and there is no reason for either one.
                            That is generally the argument. Thunderer is a very good power, but what limits us is that we don't regain rage as other classes do. A Thunderer costs 50 Rage and gets us back 12 on casting, for a net of -38, and is a medium speed cast. This means if we cast them back-to-back it generally takes 3 rounds to get 2 off, and even in speed-cast it's a full turn action.

Armor Piercer costs 35 and gets back 15 for a net of -20, and is a fast cast. It can be continually chained with MS/AS and used every other action almost indefinitely - just by adding in a few rage-gaining actions in the middle like a Chaos Rune (PvP) or Mire Rune (PvE).

Shadow Thrasher costs 35 and gets back 20 for a net of -15 Rage, and is a medium cast. Like Thunderer, it will always take a full round to execute, even in speed cast. However, as with Thunderer, it's slow is a nice little add on.

These are the classes high-damage 1s CD Skills. Yes, the Mage's does 295% +QTE compared to the 200% and 195% of the others, but also has about 2x the Rage Drain of the other skills meaning it's used less frequently. It's been shown that an Archer's AP rotation does more damage over time than a Mage's Thunderer rotation because of the frequency of use along with the speed of the skills. The Knight's on the short end, but they kinda make up for it with two 400% single-target attacks they can use and insane rage gain to use them as soon as they're ready.

well I think if mages had a working Delphic that did the damage that is posted you would be seeing more mages in the top ten in world battles. instead of archer and knights dominating the boards because there Delphic attack are more effective than mages. now right now you're all thinking well the mages thunderer as a short cool down and only needs 50 rage. yes this is true but since our Delphics are infective in Wb we only use thunderer and lighting bolt while the other two classes are using both of there Delphics or another attack.
                            Mage and Knight used to be about on par before the Advanced Talent bugs got introduced that allows Knight to Double-Delphic in AFK mode, as well as get extra attacks in. Now it's just crazy. 500k BR Knights are getting 1.2 Mil Gold/Daru in WB Rounds w/o Buffs.

Archer in terms of PvE is on a whole different level with their innate 20% Crit Boost and their 10% Damage Stack Boost and another 10% Crit Damage Boost. They can almost keep up with the Knights exploiting AFK, and they don't need bugs to do it. They have the fastest non-pet rotation for damage and an equal BR Archer should be doing about 30% more damage than a Mage in normal rounds. And about 20% more in pet rounds, given the pets are equal.

Comment

Originally posted by R252856585 View Post
                              Yes, I remember that whole week.
                              Be fair, it was nearly 3 weeks...

Comment

Working...
                              X