No announcement yet.

Mage's Skill talk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't own a lvl80 mage so can't speak for them. But from what I see on the top mages, no one uses any advanced skills at all, & most don't use DHT or DHT either. Thunderer is their best friend. I, as a lower level mage, could only say, we mages simply don't have high damage skills & efficient rage builders, & the rage savers are not reliable, so best stick with the simple skills that could do a decent job without draining your rage. For WB, just use balens to buy more rounds & you are the top WB goer

Originally posted by michael509 View Post
    hi guys, what do you guys think about the mages Delphic thunder frenzy and Delphic Flame Tornado skills ? I personally think that the percent of damage should be raised on at least one of them just for the fact that they do barely any damage and to use either one is a waste of rage. but some would say that the mages thunderer could be considered a Delphic all on its own and there is no reason for either one. well I think if mages had a working Delphic that did the damage that is posted you would be seeing more mages in the top ten in world battles. instead of archer and knights dominating the boards because there Delphic attack are more effective than mages. now right now you're all thinking well the mages thunderer as a short cool down and only needs 50 rage. yes this is true but since our Delphics are infective in Wb we only use thunderer and lighting bolt while the other two classes are using both of there Delphics or another attack.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
      I don't own a lvl80 mage so can't speak for them. But from what I see on the top mages, no one uses any advanced skills at all, & most don't use DHT or DHT either. Thunderer is their best friend. I, as a lower level mage, could only say, we mages simply don't have high damage skills & efficient rage builders, & the rage savers are not reliable, so best stick with the simple skills that could do a decent job without draining your rage. For WB, just use balens to buy more rounds & you are the top WB goer
      Honestly, of the Advanced Skills, the only thing that's really good to always have are the passives. Flame Tornado is awful. Mana Shield is fairly poor, even with the Adv Talent upgrade that removes a debuff when cast. Ice Bolt is a specialty power that's really only used in PvE (World Boss). And Anthem's HP Cap makes it utterly pointless except in the rarest of circumstances.

If they wanted these "Advanced" skills to be worthwhile they'd have thought it out a little more.

Ice Bolt with a 1s CD to make it cycleable would be a good lesser-rage version of Thunderer - making it similar to AP since it's a fast cast. It would actually be in many standard use rotations since it's less vulnerable to early Intercept and can be repeat cast when it's the only thing left after an Amnesia and the Mage has some Rage saved up.

Mana Shield if the % was higher or it had longer duration could be nice. If it was a bubble / shield that absorbed instead of reduced, that could be nice. But as it is, meh. No point.

Anthem's cap of 90k healing is a joke. When most high-end Mages are running 500k+ HP now, Heal Runes are giving back 200k+ HP and a Resto gives 150k+ w/o a Crit - why would anyone use a 60s CD Anthem that drains ALL YOUR RAGE for only 90k HP. The only time to use it is when you're nearly empty on Rage so that you don't waste it all for nothing, and the CD makes it completely prohibitive. This is the worst Adv Skill in the game.

Flame Tornado would be ok if it was just full AoE all the time. The Shared Damage aspect of it ruins it's ability as an AoE - and Thunderer or even repeat Ice Bolts are better vs. a Single Target in terms of damage throughout a combat.

And you know what - screw Rage Master (passive) too while we're at it. Mage's already spend 4 Skill Points between Heart Elemental and Castinator to have the worst Rage Regen and an utterly unreliable rage-saver of 20 pts for the next attack (which is a ****% trigger and tends more often than not to be when a LB is coming up). Adding the need to spend another 3 Skill Points to get an extra +5 Rage back from a Resto / BL (yeah, Heart Elemental didn't return Rage on Heals) just makes it a count of 7 Skill Points spent that don't equal the two skill point of regen of the knight class that gets them a +10 on every action - even rune use and defensive actions.

Comment

Delphic Flame Tornado has an incorrect tooltip. The damage is not shared. It does full damage to all targets. I've tested this thoroughly to make sure, though I only use it in group arenas when there's 2 mages other then myself in the team. Also on guild beast during those last 2 turns after I revert from Sylph mode.
        Name: Phoenixia
        Server: R2 S-319
        Class: Mage
        BR: 911k
        Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
        Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Originally posted by rangelaeyes View Post
          Delphic Flame Tornado has an incorrect tooltip. The damage is not shared. It does full damage to all targets. I've tested this thoroughly to make sure, though I only use it in group arenas when there's 2 mages other then myself in the team. Also on guild beast during those last 2 turns after I revert from Sylph mode.
          Test again. Testing it on guild beast doesn't make sense; there's only 1 target...

Comment

Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
            Test again. Testing it on guild beast doesn't make sense; there's only 1 target...
            Not saying I'm testing on it, only using it on it. I, however, will continue to test it every day in group arena, like I always do.
            Name: Phoenixia
            Server: R2 S-319
            Class: Mage
            BR: 911k
            Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
            Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

I feel like anything "Advanced" is basically another word for more cost for less return, so not going to stress too much on leveling them.

The "Advanced" List:
              "Advanced" class = just another 80 levels to climb & EXP is like 5x (not sure) per level
              "Advanced" academy = 5x the kyanite for same boosts
              "Advanced" astrals = costs 3x the astral points for 2 orange astrals in 1 slot
              "Advanced" sylph refinement = just a little stats & attribute limit boost but turns all your regular mahras & seps useless, plus GIGANTIC LAG & eye-blinding animation
              "Advanced" stable (not here yet) = just a little attribute limit boost but turns all your regular whips useless
              "Advanced" Soul Engraving (Soul Mark) = just another 80 levels of SE but turns all your regular SCs useless
              "Advanced" guild skills = takes 5 years (maybe less :P) of daily guild beast for same stats boosts & almost same mount as regular GS, plus a little extras
              "Advanced" skills = mostly useless skills (except the passives)
              "Advanced" talents = just a gold & EXP dumpster for those who are already maxed on EXP & don't need gold at all
              etc. etc.

I guess those things are just too "Advanced" for ordinary players such as me to praise.

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
              Honestly, of the Advanced Skills, the only thing that's really good to always have are the passives.

Comment

im a mage so ill test this..brb
                Level 49 Archer
                BR 150k

Comment

I don't use any of the new skills, waste of rage imo. WB - thunderer, bolt, brut and chaos rune (purely for extra damage, it's not gonna work on the boss clearly)... i afk 90% of the time, only to get a normal and sylph round. Seems to work for me

I agree with what matey said earlier (yes, i read stuff), thunderer and 2x bolt is the best for mages.

This is to all mages : One thing i'm seeing more and more, damnation, why?! Seriously, why?! Do you hit like a girl and the extra damage makes that much difference?! Get yourself a decent matk and decent team and you don't need it... and stop hitting like girls!!!! Thank you, carry on
                  Wartune
                  IGN: Decima
                  Guild: Elysium
                  Server: S5 (Europe)
                  Class: Mage (Level 80)

Winterfrost Legacy *shakes fist at Ginba*
                  IGN : Decima (spotting a trend?)
                  Server : 59 (Europe)
                  Class : Nooby sissy shaman!

Comment

Removed, nothing to say.

ETA: First, did you mean Damnation is never worth carrying? Hope not...

Second, rage rune is better than brut rune in WB.
                    Last edited by Yesheron; 04-15-2015, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Damnation never thought much about it in the past but well lets see how it works.

calculated it based on assumptions:
                      4 member team, each member with 100K ATK against a 0 DEF boss
                      Using skills that vary in % damage done i took an average of 225%
                      (not using crit&crit procentage or willpower in this calculation)

W/O damnation this team does 3.600.000 damage
                      with damnation this team does 3.645.000 damage

The Crit and willpower thing makes it more complicated but for me this is enough to rethink damnation again.
                      Last edited by Nox03; 04-15-2015, 05:03 AM.

Comment

I guess i am just set in my ways, used to see low BR'ed players use damnation and i guess that's still how i see it, on both characters i haven't done the talents on it... but then i don't use HS either, just me i guess!!

People could tell me til they are blue in the face how useful it is, stubborn Dee is stubborn... i have my "old" skills that suited me til 80 and still are the best for me imo.
                        Wartune
                        IGN: Decima
                        Guild: Elysium
                        Server: S5 (Europe)
                        Class: Mage (Level 80)

Winterfrost Legacy *shakes fist at Ginba*
                        IGN : Decima (spotting a trend?)
                        Server : 59 (Europe)
                        Class : Nooby sissy shaman!

Comment

The damnation talent is worthless anyway just as almost all mage talents.

Comment

Hey, guess what.

Ice Bolt just got Nerfed to 30s CD. It's now fairly useless too.

Comment

They added stun to it, it seems.

So in other words they are able to change the advanced mage skills, they just think that Anthem is perfectly fine the way it is. I guess same goes for Mana Shield.
                              Last edited by Yesheron; 04-15-2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I think they might've added stun to that adv knight bleed skill/talent, too...got stunned for the first time in over a year today in BG.

Comment

Working...
                                X