Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Mage's Skill talk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• michael509
    started a topic Mage's Skill talk

Mage's Skill talk

hi guys, what do you guys think about the mages Delphic thunder frenzy and Delphic Flame Tornado skills ? I personally think that the percent of damage should be raised on at least one of them just for the fact that they do barely any damage and to use either one is a waste of rage. but some would say that the mages thunderer could be considered a Delphic all on its own and there is no reason for either one. well I think if mages had a working Delphic that did the damage that is posted you would be seeing more mages in the top ten in world battles. instead of archer and knights dominating the boards because there Delphic attack are more effective than mages. now right now you're all thinking well the mages thunderer as a short cool down and only needs 50 rage. yes this is true but since our Delphics are infective in Wb we only use thunderer and lighting bolt while the other two classes are using both of there Delphics or another attack.

• rangelaeyes
    replied
    I didn't even notice the cooldown change on Ice Bolt. I rarely use the skill anyway, but this is only further reason to ignore the skill.

Leave a comment:

• FufuBunnySlayer
    replied
    I think they might've added stun to that adv knight bleed skill/talent, too...got stunned for the first time in over a year today in BG.

Leave a comment:

• Yesheron
    replied
    They added stun to it, it seems.

So in other words they are able to change the advanced mage skills, they just think that Anthem is perfectly fine the way it is. I guess same goes for Mana Shield.
    Last edited by Yesheron; 04-15-2015, 10:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zorich
    replied
    Hey, guess what.

Ice Bolt just got Nerfed to 30s CD. It's now fairly useless too.

Leave a comment:

• Yesheron
    replied
    The damnation talent is worthless anyway just as almost all mage talents.

Leave a comment:

• Deeelinquent
    replied
    I guess i am just set in my ways, used to see low BR'ed players use damnation and i guess that's still how i see it, on both characters i haven't done the talents on it... but then i don't use HS either, just me i guess!!

People could tell me til they are blue in the face how useful it is, stubborn Dee is stubborn... i have my "old" skills that suited me til 80 and still are the best for me imo.

Leave a comment:

• Nox03
    replied
    Damnation never thought much about it in the past but well lets see how it works.

calculated it based on assumptions:
    4 member team, each member with 100K ATK against a 0 DEF boss
    Using skills that vary in % damage done i took an average of 225%
    (not using crit&crit procentage or willpower in this calculation)

W/O damnation this team does 3.600.000 damage
    with damnation this team does 3.645.000 damage

The Crit and willpower thing makes it more complicated but for me this is enough to rethink damnation again.
    Last edited by Nox03; 04-15-2015, 06:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Yesheron
    replied
    Removed, nothing to say.

ETA: First, did you mean Damnation is never worth carrying? Hope not...

Second, rage rune is better than brut rune in WB.
    Last edited by Yesheron; 04-15-2015, 08:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Deeelinquent
    replied
    I don't use any of the new skills, waste of rage imo. WB - thunderer, bolt, brut and chaos rune (purely for extra damage, it's not gonna work on the boss clearly)... i afk 90% of the time, only to get a normal and sylph round. Seems to work for me

I agree with what matey said earlier (yes, i read stuff), thunderer and 2x bolt is the best for mages.

This is to all mages : One thing i'm seeing more and more, damnation, why?! Seriously, why?! Do you hit like a girl and the extra damage makes that much difference?! Get yourself a decent matk and decent team and you don't need it... and stop hitting like girls!!!! Thank you, carry on

Leave a comment:

• kevs926
    replied
    im a mage so ill test this..brb

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    I feel like anything "Advanced" is basically another word for more cost for less return, so not going to stress too much on leveling them.

The "Advanced" List:
    "Advanced" class = just another 80 levels to climb & EXP is like 5x (not sure) per level
    "Advanced" academy = 5x the kyanite for same boosts
    "Advanced" astrals = costs 3x the astral points for 2 orange astrals in 1 slot
    "Advanced" sylph refinement = just a little stats & attribute limit boost but turns all your regular mahras & seps useless, plus GIGANTIC LAG & eye-blinding animation
    "Advanced" stable (not here yet) = just a little attribute limit boost but turns all your regular whips useless
    "Advanced" Soul Engraving (Soul Mark) = just another 80 levels of SE but turns all your regular SCs useless
    "Advanced" guild skills = takes 5 years (maybe less :P) of daily guild beast for same stats boosts & almost same mount as regular GS, plus a little extras
    "Advanced" skills = mostly useless skills (except the passives)
    "Advanced" talents = just a gold & EXP dumpster for those who are already maxed on EXP & don't need gold at all
    etc. etc.

I guess those things are just too "Advanced" for ordinary players such as me to praise.

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
    Honestly, of the Advanced Skills, the only thing that's really good to always have are the passives.

Leave a comment:

• rangelaeyes
    replied
    Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
    Test again. Testing it on guild beast doesn't make sense; there's only 1 target...
    Not saying I'm testing on it, only using it on it. I, however, will continue to test it every day in group arena, like I always do.

Leave a comment:

• Tranc3motion
    replied
    Originally posted by rangelaeyes View Post
    Delphic Flame Tornado has an incorrect tooltip. The damage is not shared. It does full damage to all targets. I've tested this thoroughly to make sure, though I only use it in group arenas when there's 2 mages other then myself in the team. Also on guild beast during those last 2 turns after I revert from Sylph mode.
    Test again. Testing it on guild beast doesn't make sense; there's only 1 target...

Leave a comment:

• rangelaeyes
    replied
    Delphic Flame Tornado has an incorrect tooltip. The damage is not shared. It does full damage to all targets. I've tested this thoroughly to make sure, though I only use it in group arenas when there's 2 mages other then myself in the team. Also on guild beast during those last 2 turns after I revert from Sylph mode.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X