Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Question on sylphs (for a knight)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on sylphs (for a knight)

My knight is a DPS build. I focus on PvE. I mainly invest in the electro sylph, & had orange max enchanted & advanced refined it.

Now it seems like further enhancement on the electro sylph would cost much more balens than having a secondary sylph, and the return from advanced upgrade & enchantment isn't more effective than the regular Mahras & seps, which we could get in bulk for free.
    I'm not much of a casher & don't plan to spend a fortune in this game.

Furthermore, electro seems to be the worst sylph for PvP. It seems like the only place where I don't need to risk hitting the wrong target is 1v1 with regular troops, which is basically a single-target PvP since troops are like paper any ways.
    With the introduction of eudemons, I feel like even this only useful scenario is gone.
    And almost everyone has some focus on electro resistance, so electro doesn't hit as hard against players as he should do.

In this situation, should I build a secondary sylph?
    If so, which should I choose first?

I have 1-star purple light, dark, and water, and 1-star blue wind & fire. All of them are first-refined.
    Athena has about 5k seps in. Gaia has 2k seps in.
    The rest all not yet enchanted.

If I shall pick a secondary sylph, it'll first be 1-star purple max enchanted.
    If it works well, I'd further invest in it. But it'll be a very long way before orange & advanced refinement, & possibly even longer to max enchantment & gear upgrade.
    So it needs to be useful as a 1-star purple sylph with only blue gears.
    On the longer run, I'd still focus on electro, but I would need at least 2 more strong sylphs to accompany me for certain circumstances (and to accompany electro for sylph-only events).

Initially, I had intended to use Gaia, because she has the blood sucker skill, and has a balanced mix of single & multi target skills.
    But after next patch, we can have a mage eudemon, which means healing could be delegated to the eudemon & free the hero up for more dps.
    I personally have found the 5% PDEF boost from dark not as useful as the 5% ATK boost from electro, and I hit much harder with electro than dark.
    Skill wise, Gaia is basically like a debuff mode archer. Being an archer switched from debuff focus to dps focus (all thanks to the nerfs in last fall), I'd say, most dark skills are useful, but because we can't switch sylph skills like we do for hero skills, it's hard to have a versatile enough skill bar for all the things I need.
    For PvP, Gaia is quite useful, but because many people have high dark resistance and the high HP opponents tend to have high PDEF as well, she couldn't hit hard or kill fast, so not having much advantage comparing to the other sylphs.
    Besides, I really can't love the looks of Hades & Gaia nor the scary animation of their skills. Just personal preference. To me, looking good is just as important as being strong (well...maybe I'm just a MMORPG player & not much of a war game player :P). That was half the reason why I didn't switch to dark even though electro did so poorly in PvP. But Hecate looks totally gorgeous & I want her!

Apollo was my first purple sylph (and the only purple that I didn't use any mahras on). I did not use him as soon as electro was available.
    I felt like neither my hero nor my sylph could hit hard when I had Apollo on, and his small amount of block & shielding effects couldn't save me.
    However, after first refinement & new skills added, it seems to me that light is useful again.
    The 5% MDEF boost is not a lot, but knights are born with much lower MDEF than the other two classes so in some way it helps me survive for a little longer.
    Athena has excellent AOE, which complements the lack of AOE in the hero.
    In the older dungeons (necro, Spire, DI, BI), I didn't seem to see much disadvantage of not having an AOE sylph.
    But as I go further in Sky Trail & Gods Decent, and now in Purgatory Maze, the lack of AOE seems to get me quite a bit.
    Electro is basically blind when there are multiple targets, and his lack of defensive skills (I don't use Thunder Ablution) couldn't survive me when I couldn't kill fast enough.
    Having seen a video on Elemental Forest, it seems like I need Athena so that one of the two bosses would guarantee to receive some hit from me for every round.
    I feel like maybe it's time to invest in light again, but light skills don't hit hard at all. If I choose her, I probably have to feed her a crazy amount of seps before she could be useful.
    I used nearly all my seps on electro so now don't have enough to make Athena useful.
    I certainly love the appearance & skill animation of Apollo & Athena, but not much of a fan for the advanced refinement.
    Yet the introduction of eudemons adds another layer of doubt. If I could bring a mage eudemon with me for Purgatory maze, he could clear troops for me so I could focus on the boss.

The water sylph has low HP, low defense & can't hit hard, but that's the only healer sylph available, and Triton has quite some unique skills that help his team through dungeons & prolonged fights.
    In the first place, I wasn't much with him, but for TOK & group arena, especially against light & dark users, he seems to help more than the other sylphs. Triton also seem to help more than most other sylphs in sylph arena if he doesn't get nuked early.
    In the future, we might have a new feature called sylph adventure (seen in Chinese version), where our hero & eudemons can't heal our sylphs, so the water sylph is probably needed in there.
    One reason why I reconsidered Triton was seeing this sylph being helpful even in blue quality & with low BR (the players are all 400k+ without sylph). And he also has decent AOE.
    I'm thinking Triton could be a cheaper alternative for Athena or Gaia for now, & I could focus on Athena or Gaia later.

Medusa & Cerberus did not get much attention from me to begin with, but right now, with almost everyone using the other 4 sylphs & few have resistance against them, they seem to do more than expected for PvP.

Cerberus delphic is almost as strong as electro delphic, but it can hit 2 targets and is PATK.
    I personally found fire being the best element against mages, and my mage (a Hercules user) also suffers most from the Scorching Predator atoll boss.
    Now with almost everyone having high electro & dark resistance, maybe a lesser-popular sylph could do better for PvP.
    PvP isn't my focus, but it's still important, and Cerberus has decent dps, just not as good as electro.
    Only thing is that right now I already have electro as main sylph, having Cerberus seems like a duplicate, and I don't like the look of either refined versions.

Medusa could keep teammates awakened & keep opponents out of sylph form, and increase team damage by 30%, those are just too important for PvP & group PvE. And the 5% HP boost is also helpful for a knight.
    I heard that Steal can keep the hero in sylph form for PvE, but I personally haven't tried it so can't tell. If this is the case, Medusa might be more helpful than I expected, as sylph stats stack with hero stats when transformed.
    Skill wise, Medusa doesn't hit hard and not as much AOE, so I have the same concern as Athena, that is, I might have to put a crazy amount of seps in her before she could be useful.
    And I like the look of both refined versions although I'm not much of a Pan fan.

Based on the above situation, should I pick a secondary sylph now, or put more focus on electro?
    Which of the 5 sylphs should I pick if I shall decide to build a secondary sylph?
    Much appreciate any thoughts/ideas.

aoe-wise medusa combo is strong
    314 - delph all targets
    280 - steal all targets
    145 - wind's grace 2 to 4 targets

now that theres a kid, aoe dmg/heal on sylphs might be really important factor on pvp
    Level 49 Archer
    BR 150k

Comment

I dont really understand. First you say you focus on PVE, then you start talking about PVP....Anyway mahra and sepulcrums aint that rare any more so ofc you should build 2nd sylph if your main is maxed, what to use them for otherwise?

For PVE imo its hercules for wb/di, and any of the rest (equally leveled) for the other stuff, for now it seems aoe sylphs are good for the new dungeon, but i guess by the time you upgrade them to some good level, it wont be an issue.

For PVP must have some aoe with those kids, so id go for gaia or cerberus, or if you like long fights and wins at any cost triton. But i am not on test servers and have no idea how strong those eudemons really are.

With sylph evolution, gear, gems, new skills, dimensions, resists etc, there is no sylph that is that bad, still i would build my sylphs with cw in mind.
      THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

High DPS,there is Herc/Cerb where you picked Herc

With AOE, there is Athena/Gaia,where Athena has more AOEs and decent damage, I recommend Athena since you are a knight

With support role, there is Medusa/Triton, where skillwise and damage wise Medusa is better

For a secondary sylph,Athena/Medusa where damage dealt comes first, Athena has the lead but skillwise Medusa has the lead

So I would recommend Athena

Best of luck!
        Mad love for my crew

The golden rule in wartune
        Maximizeâ„¢
        Guess whose back with trouble?
        ©S174

Comment

without the 5% ATK boost i'm not as good (got low defense) so the AOE sylphs all feel weaker comparing to electro & fire

is a maxed 1-star purple medusa good enough for a maxed level dragon sword master?

Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
          aoe-wise medusa combo is strong
          314 - delph all targets
          280 - steal all targets
          145 - wind's grace 2 to 4 targets

now that theres a kid, aoe dmg/heal on sylphs might be really important factor on pvp

Comment

Once you pick Medusa as secondary sylph, I advice you get it where your Herc currently is
            Mad love for my crew

Maximizeâ„¢
            ©S174

Comment

honor & arena didn't have much rewards until some months back & bg/arena happen in work hours or too late at night (i live on east coast but play on a west coast server) so i always skipped them, hence never had any focus on pvp. but now it seems like skipping pvp hurts, & lack of aoe also hurts in pve, so maybe time to get a second sylph that can supplement the lack of aoe for both hero & main sylph.

i hate long & stretchy fights & wished i could nuke every1 with 1 hit.
              so which is good for a pve-er who needs adaptation to kids/new dungeons & some pvp (carry-on sylph or sylph arena)? gaia, cerberus or triton?

PS. i prolly just stop doing anything that rewards with mahras & seps if i don't need a second sylph :P

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
              I dont really understand. First you say you focus on PVE, then you start talking about PVP....Anyway mahra and sepulcrums aint that rare any more so ofc you should build 2nd sylph if your main is maxed, what to use them for otherwise?

For PVE imo its hercules for wb/di, and any of the rest (equally leveled) for the other stuff, for now it seems aoe sylphs are good for the new dungeon, but i guess by the time you upgrade them to some good level, it wont be an issue.

For PVP must have some aoe with those kids, so id go for gaia or cerberus, or if you like long fights and wins at any cost triton. But i am not on test servers and have no idea how strong those eudemons really are.

With sylph evolution, gear, gems, new skills, dimensions, resists etc, there is no sylph that is that bad, still i would build my sylphs with cw in mind.

Comment

my only fear is that 1-star purple athena is still too weak to kill anything. she's not much of a hard hitter in my experience. let's say, back in the time when both had about same sylph br, i could nuke some knights at full hp with 1 eve delphic (there was no battle protection feature at that time), but couldn't even get them down to half hp with 2 apollo aoe if they had sunto ticking.

offhand, i could only max a 1-star purple in 4 weeks (assuming no one steals my dimensions & i don't sell anything or delete any mails by mistake) without spending a penny. kind of getting impatient if i have to wait for months to use something i'm working on.

electro is still great although not as awesome as before. he is still my main. i just have to stop working on him for a while. not that i don't want to continue working on him; i just didn't want to participate in the recent events that gave advanced mahras/seps coz they all sucked & i'm not a crazy casher.

not sure what to do yet. but thanks for the advice

Originally posted by sweetwaters View Post
                High DPS,there is Herc/Cerb where you picked Herc

With AOE, there is Athena/Gaia,where Athena has more AOEs and decent damage, I recommend Athena since you are a knight

With support role, there is Medusa/Triton, where skillwise and damage wise Medusa is better

For a secondary sylph,Athena/Medusa where damage dealt comes first, Athena has the lead but skillwise Medusa has the lead

So I would recommend Athena

Best of luck!

Comment

I believe that the choice lies with you

What BR is your Athena and Medusa?

Athena is naturally not a hard hitter,that is electro's speciality

I recall when all other sylphs came out, Apollo became really useless,same genes carried I guess
                  Mad love for my crew

Maximizeâ„¢
                  ©S174

Comment

70k athena & 27k medusa.

i got killed by light sylph users whenever i meet them in arena, but they all have crazy br & the cupid(?) girl sylph. not sure if a much weaker athena could do anything close to that. but AOE seems much needed coz electro didn't do very well in purgatory; some bosses spawn troops at low hp & caused me to hit the wrong target >

Originally posted by sweetwaters View Post
                    I believe that the choice lies with you

What BR is your Athena and Medusa?

Athena is naturally not a hard hitter,that is electro's speciality

I recall when all other sylphs came out, Apollo became really useless,same genes carried I guess

Comment

The big problem with athena is that all the good skills have a 45-second cooldown. The natural BR advantage and element advantage is definitely nice, but when half of your attacks are limited to the much lower percentage ones, that tends to offset things a lot. The same thing is more or less true of medusa though.

But planning ahead a bit, a strong athena could be very helpful in the first boss of elemental forest, where you need good matk and patk aoes to make sure you get both of them. And if you want it for pvp, almost no one has light resistance. For group pvp, medusa's skills are just so good though. And medusa is beyond good as a support sylph when you have them in place of regular troops, but in that case, the sylph's br is not all that important.

Comment

That Br for Athena is great but then I think you need to increase your overall attack, divinity souls for attack,refines,more rare equipment

This makes you hit harder and also applies to Medusa
                        Mad love for my crew

Maximizeâ„¢
                        ©S174

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                          The big problem with athena is that all the good skills have a 45-second cooldown. ...The same thing is more or less true of medusa though.
                          So true. Light is basically an AOE knight. Got excellent stats & half the skills are fantastic if no CD & no rage/awakening point consumption. But then all the good skills have long CD & seemingly slow casting (compared to electro & dark) so they are less available. I've seen people with massive BR ran into DI & couldn't go as far as they should (say, 300-600k team with 3 Athenas couldn't pass 5 levels). I'm kind of reluctant to focus on her for this reason. But an AOE sylph is really needed. So still not sure what to do.

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                          And medusa is beyond good as a support sylph when you have them in place of regular troops, but in that case, the sylph's br is not all that important.
                          Mind elaborate why in sylph troop BR is not all that important?

Comment

bcos medusa can cast the 30% dmg boost even if weak
                            Level 49 Archer
                            BR 150k

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                              So true. Light is basically an AOE knight. Got excellent stats & half the skills are fantastic if no CD & no rage/awakening point consumption. But then all the good skills have long CD & seemingly slow casting (compared to electro & dark) so they are less available. I've seen people with massive BR ran into DI & couldn't go as far as they should (say, 300-600k team with 3 Athenas couldn't pass 5 levels). I'm kind of reluctant to focus on her for this reason. But an AOE sylph is really needed. So still not sure what to do.

Mind elaborate why in sylph troop BR is not all that important?
                              Troop(Medusa) might be weak BR wise but has decent skills such as wind crest and other skills which help the main sylph (parent) hence useful even though weak

Another case is Iris, Rain dance and cleanse skill support the whole team

These two are useful whether strong or weak
                              Mad love for my crew

Maximizeâ„¢
                              ©S174

Comment

Working...
                              X