Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Why r2 hate us players so much?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The majority of the serious players who bother to complain/report about lag & poor experience are likely spenders. They are more likely to care about something they spent serious cash on & more likely to get angry for poor service that drags their character progress. Most free players either eat it or leave it.

Originally posted by sweetwaters View Post
    In that case they should have made this game P2P what was ever the point of making it free

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
      The majority of the serious players who bother to complain/report about lag & poor experience are likely spenders. They are more likely to care about something they spent serious cash on & more likely to get angry for poor service that drags their character progress. Most free players either eat it or leave it.
      Woo!
      Merry Cashtune!
      With this kind of service, no premium stuff just VIP
      It's theirs isn't it?
      Mad love for my crew

The golden rule in wartune
      Maximizeâ„¢
      Guess whose back with trouble?
      ©S174

Comment

Try Skyrim with ALL the best high res and texture mods you can get. With increased npcs and enemies that number in the dozens on screen at a time. I push my graphics cards to the extreme with that setup, but can still do it. Warframe on maxed settings works just fine. BF4 on maxed settings is like a walk in the park. Wartune......refreshing every 15 mins. My internet connection isn't at fault either. My latency when I played WoW was never above 40 ms at any time.

This game is simply too broken for any pc to handle properly. Once the bugs, lag, and glitches get fixed, I'll start spending again, but not before.
        Name: Phoenixia
        Server: R2 S-319
        Class: Mage
        BR: 911k
        Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
        Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Originally posted by rangelaeyes View Post
          Try Skyrim with ALL the best high res and texture mods you can get. With increased npcs and enemies that number in the dozens on screen at a time. I push my graphics cards to the extreme with that setup, but can still do it. Warframe on maxed settings works just fine. BF4 on maxed settings is like a walk in the park. Wartune......refreshing every 15 mins. My internet connection isn't at fault either. My latency when I played WoW was never above 40 ms at any time.

This game is simply too broken for any pc to handle properly. Once the bugs, lag, and glitches get fixed, I'll start spending again, but not before.
          LOA,has never experienced lag even with low speeds developed by gtarcade

Wonder if R2 will ever take the initiative
          Mad love for my crew

Maximizeâ„¢
          ©S174

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
            its not about our computer, but its about how r2 sees their costumer.
            they use the "logic" i mentioned above, if someone cant get a good computer to play wartune, r2 thinks they are not spending enough for this game.
            on that note, i wouldn't be surprised if r2 would start advertising for 'gaming pcs' that would 'enhance gaming experience' -.-
            ooo naww, you didn't. you gotta be trollin' me o_O

Comment

There is no or minimal pull on any graphics card. Comparing a flash-based browser game to these other PC games is not even remotely similar. Wartune runs on RAM. I have integrated graphics and 8 GB of RAM. I lag in the laggy places and don't in the other places...refresh when I get laggy and it's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                There is no or minimal pull on any graphics card. Comparing a flash-based browser game to these other PC games is not even remotely similar. Wartune runs on RAM. I have integrated graphics and 8 GB of RAM. I lag in the laggy places and don't in the other places...refresh when I get laggy and it's fine.
                I think most of the lag also comes from adobe making each update to flash player terrible. Each time I upgrade flash player my lag gets worse and worse and never gets better
                IGN: princestewii
                Class: Archer
                Server: Kabam 86

Comment

Originally posted by princestewii View Post
                  I think most of the lag also comes from adobe making each update to flash player terrible. Each time I upgrade flash player my lag gets worse and worse and never gets better
                  I think this is part of the answer. I use Linux and therefore I dont use Adobe's flash player, and I haven't experienced as much lag as most others up until now. However the new patch has added some lag in some areas (arena, WB and cloud city) to the point where I actually have to use the hide other players function which never was necessary before. I haven't done BG since patch but I would imagine that its also added more lag here as this was the only place I sometimes had major lag problems before.

That being said I also think its got a lot to do with sloppy coding as I have never played any other flash game that caused the kind of lag wartune does.

Comment

Just bad coding. They never seem to free up unused objects & Flash doesn't collect garbage for them, so each & every scene/player including all the battle animations stay in RAM until you close Flash. If you look at their memory footprint, it's ever-increasing & never decreases at all. The other bottleneck is possibly XML parsing. It appears to me that client & server exchange message stanza in the form of XML, and it seems like every instance flushes to disk instead of in-place processing. That's what I heard from some people. I'm not sure about the technical details & had never investigated it. I guess we could only love it or leave it.

Comment

Just bad coding. They never seem to free up unused objects & Flash doesn't collect garbage for them, so each & every scene/player including all the battle animations stay in RAM until you close Flash. If you look at their memory footprint, it's ever-increasing & never decreases at all. The other bottleneck is possibly XML parsing. It appears to me that client & server exchange message stanza in the form of XML, and it seems like every instance flushes to disk instead of in-place processing. That's what I heard from some people. I'm not sure about the technical details & had never investigated it. I guess we could only love it or leave it.
                      As said, we players can't sort out lag, R2 has to take up responsibility/initiative
                      Wait,did I heard myself speak?
                      Guess we can only love it or leave it
                      Mad love for my crew

Maximizeâ„¢
                      ©S174

Comment

Guess we can only love it or leave it
                        I'll go with my option: Complaining bitterly to any and all who would listen. My true love and passion in life.
                        Name: Phoenixia
                        Server: R2 S-319
                        Class: Mage
                        BR: 911k
                        Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                        Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Originally posted by rangelaeyes View Post
                          I'll go with my option: Complaining bitterly to any and all who would listen. My true love and passion in life.
                          Just don't over do it

Ah, people complained so much about bots in atoll but nothing changed and that same thread which was closed gave me red

People complain, get tired and just leave/love it
                          Mad love for my crew

Maximizeâ„¢
                          ©S174

Comment

I know quite some cashers left game because they were paying for vulcan packs, seps, wb revives, etc. but some suspected bot users got tons (50M+) gold, stoves & seps daily for free. those people always appeared afk & never responded to PMs except when they do group runs, but they were playing 24x7 & attending each & every event including every AB. not that they didn't report such activity, but if it's purely click automation, there's no easy way to prove it unless the suspects admitted it. once or twice, I even fought some people in CW who seemed to have no skill CD & no rage consumption at all, & they hit me with 3 100-rage delphics in a row or still kept doing AOE without CD when I had no troops on. I guess no game has perfect security, and it's up to the players to play with ethics.

Just don't over do it

Ah, people complained so much about bots in atoll but nothing changed and that same thread which was closed gave me red

People complain, get tired and just leave/love it

Comment

I know quite some cashers left game because they were paying for vulcan packs, seps, wb revives, etc. but some suspected bot users got tons (50M+) gold, stoves & seps daily for free. those people always appeared afk & never responded to PMs except when they do group runs, but they were playing 24x7 & attending each & every event including every AB. not that they didn't report such activity, but if it's purely click automation, there's no easy way to prove it unless the suspects admitted it. once or twice, I even fought some people in CW who seemed to have no skill CD & no rage consumption at all, & they hit me with 3 100-rage delphics in a row or still kept doing AOE without CD when I had no troops on. I guess no game has perfect security, and it's up to the players to play with ethics.
                              Good luck!
                              See if ethics will ever take you far with R2 games and its incompetence
                              Mad love for my crew

Maximizeâ„¢
                              ©S174

Comment

Working...
                              X