X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R218890822
    started a topic Elemental Forest

Elemental Forest

Well done R2, well done. That is a good challenge. Got past the twin water bosses and then the wind mobs... but that Medusa is a real cupcake. Stun, amnesia and nasty hits. Pretty good combo.

Must admit to getting complacent on other runs so this was good wakeup

• Zorich
    replied
    Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
    Haven't done normal on attempt, but NM just gives a card draw that can have something great (20 divine energy) or something kinda crappy (1 divine energy).
    This.

I've gotten the 1 Divine Energy all 3 times I've done it. So disheartening. But to the point, I've seen others get good quantity upgrade items for the new pieces.

I think it'd be nice to have a more consistent standard reward. That's just me .

And yes, it's been on NM level each time.

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    Haven't done normal on attempt, but NM just gives a card draw that can have something great (20 divine energy) or something kinda crappy (1 divine energy).
    When doing a new MPD, my team always attempted on both version before deciding which to check rewards box. Obviously, we still can't do NM yet. Not going to sweat on it.

Leave a comment:

• FufuBunnySlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
    Normal or NM?

I got a bleak for normal, but my team couldn't clear NM (2 700-800k mids tagging 2 600k freebies along) so had to check rewards box for normal. Seems like time to consider athena or gaia again despite their cash hog notoriety (maybe not a bad thing but still...).

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    Normal or NM?

I got a bleak for normal, but my team couldn't clear NM (2 700-800k mids tagging 2 600k freebies along) so had to check rewards box for normal. Seems like time to consider athena or gaia again despite their cash hog notoriety (maybe not a bad thing but still...).

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
    I really like EF. The need for coordination and resistance planning is nice.

What I don't like (as with all MPs) is that the big-boss fight still only yields a fairly "meh" card flip. Nothing makes a great MP feel lousy at the end when you flip a card and the reward is a downer. I know the XP is there at the end, but who cares about XP at this point?

It'd be nice if that final fight dropped a set amount of the upgrade items (like 4 divine Energy and 2 of each of the Soul Core / Ice Spirit Core).

But that's just me.

Leave a comment:

• Wraithraiser
    replied
    Feels good beating NM with cerberus last boss, definitely a challenge but makes it fun, albeit stressful (I'm sure in some weeks/months it'll become a chore but yea) that first time so satisfying.

Leave a comment:

• Chocolove1234
    replied
    Originally posted by KS222 View Post
    You got the "easy" last boss. There are 3 total: Herc, Medusa, and Cerberus. Medusa and Cerberus both had rage theft and sylph point theft. Medusa has a fairly long lasting amnesia that can't be removed. Cerberus spams a 2 turn chaos that can't be removed (and is fast as the rune...it feels like its coded to steal every heal and delphic).
    I had a team with 2 players who were just under 300k BR (pre-eudaemon), one who was 450k and myself (750k pre-eudaemon fluff). The water bosses hit hard if you don't have good res. I ended up beating them solo (mage with patk sylph). Transformed, got the matk resistant one low HP, untransformed, got the patk resistant one down to 1 hit from dead, then transformed (which does both kinds of damage) and took both down at the same time. My group got Medusa as the final boss and she is a real troll to fight. The amnesia lasts so long that I'd still have skills blocked when she recast it. She has a super hard hit with stun chance that killed half the party 9/10 times. I could tank her hits well enough, but couldn't dps enough before her 1k% buff. Finally, I switched to wind res, put on electro sylph, and nuked her to death.
    I tried nightmare earlier with a group that was all over 500k pre-eudaemon. We did well right up to last boss. Cerberus spammed chaos so much that we couldn't heal and attempts to dps resulted in us nuking each other. Cerberus spammed chaos so much that I was perpetually chaosed for 12 turns (I'd see it wear off, cue a skill, chaosed again before skill could proc). Puri did not work to remove it. We swapped res, tried different sylphs, same problem every time. Cerberus would hijack delpics until only one team member was left standing and that person simply couldn't dps fast enough to beat the buff.

I noticed that so far, magic resistant water boss always is in front. Assuming that it will always be that way, its wise to pick your skills/sylph so that you can target what you need to target.

Since last boss is random, has cheap tricks, and buffs if you take too long, its a dps race. If you can't beat it first try, change res to match boss element and try using dps sylph.
    puri works for both medusa and cerb buffs,,,,but they recast it so fast and the cd is 30 sec.....so no point
    my team just made me tank it since i had fire res......and usually the ones in back have less chaos buff on them....for me was torture....the only mage...constant hit,chaosed,awakening points decreased and rage...so hell))
    Last edited by Chocolove1234; 04-16-2015, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zorich
    replied
    I really like EF. The need for coordination and resistance planning is nice.

What I don't like (as with all MPs) is that the big-boss fight still only yields a fairly "meh" card flip. Nothing makes a great MP feel lousy at the end when you flip a card and the reward is a downer. I know the XP is there at the end, but who cares about XP at this point?

It'd be nice if that final fight dropped a set amount of the upgrade items (like 4 divine Energy and 2 of each of the Soul Core / Ice Spirit Core).

But that's just me.

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    failing EF is darn easy, just fight with the wrong res & it 1hits everybody

cleared normal with medium team last night, luckily got herc boss. whole team smacked each other before wind boss lands any significant blows on us. redid normal with attempt box checked & got snake lady boss & barely put thru it. spent too much gold on res gem conversion & didn't have enough for more kid skill books.

early conclusion: EF is just not to mid teams like us *blushes*

Leave a comment:

• SlowPlay
    replied
    I'm guessing the dmg reduction of res is amplified in there or something
    Saw that too, we got cerberus as 2nd boss and i oneshotted (660k+ damage) with wrath the 700k archer that run daily with me, next try the 600k mage did 400k with devour soul on me.

Leave a comment:

• FufuBunnySlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
    My team (4 700k+ after eud) tried NM a few times, first boss was doable then got cerberus last boss and it was just a pain even after swapping res the big hit still one shot our mages and if the big hit from cerb didn't kill us then a chaosed herc delpic helped it. From what I've seen just killing first boss gives decent rewards so might keep doing it until we get the herc last boss, maybe medusa if doable for us also. The chaos is kinda cheap when it can be cast every other turn from what it looks like blah
    Yeah...puri rune doesn't work on cerb's chaos or med's amn, which is really annoying. We cleared nm last night 3x, one of each boss. The key seems to be res--ran wind boss with 50 res and it one shot us. Ran it again with 400-500 and it's hits go from 800k+ to 30k. I'm guessing the dmg reduction of res is amplified in there or something. One of our guys who was running 1000+ electro res was almost able to solo the herc boss, lol. The flat 200k attack got him in the end.

Had 2 archer, 2 knight for 1 run then 2 archer, 1 knight, 1 mage for other 2 runs. Our second knight chose sleep over extra runs.

Leave a comment:

• Demonictw
    replied
    Managed to complete with team of 4 archers - although my BR was 750k the others ranged from 300k-500k so nothing major. For first boss just have everyone go Triton (or iris) with mass heal, bring the hp down on patk resistance boss to 50% of last bar. Stay in Archer form and keep hitting matk resistant boss until its about 2/3 of last bar then have 1 player sylph. Sylph delph will kill patk resistant boss and others just delph the matk resistant one. Really easy boss when you get the hang of it.

Last boss puri rune is your friend especially at lvl 10 - Herc is simple enough just outdmg it, for Medusa put the tankiest player in the back row as it seems to take more of the rage reduction hits and therefore more hits overall. Hold sylphing until it uses amnesia then Sylph and puri rune if not possible to do so. Cereb is a pain, make sure u have scatter incase it casts the heal skill, puri rune for when chaos occurs and otherwise just hit it hard.

Leave a comment:

• Wraithraiser
    replied
    My team (4 700k+ after eud) tried NM a few times, first boss was doable then got cerberus last boss and it was just a pain even after swapping res the big hit still one shot our mages and if the big hit from cerb didn't kill us then a chaosed herc delpic helped it. From what I've seen just killing first boss gives decent rewards so might keep doing it until we get the herc last boss, maybe medusa if doable for us also. The chaos is kinda cheap when it can be cast every other turn from what it looks like blah

Leave a comment:

• JkLoser87
    replied
    Did it 3 times yesterday, at 550k(after eudeamon br), I had to solo the first boss twice, and failed final boss all 3 times. Cerb I tried solo, got down to half alone. People try to wait out the chaos on it, my suggestion is, at least on normal, just blast through it. the boss doesn't have that much health

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Annoying to need to flip res around all the time tho...and expensive
    at least they cut the cost to half, but still kinda expensive tho

Leave a comment:

Working...
X