Dimensional War PvP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
    my 2 cents = the PvP is fine, sure, but give people the actual choice of the matter of who they want to attack/if they want to attack, the RNG garbage is bad enough as is in the game, adding more to something like dimensions is just stupid
    But if i can chose who to attack, THEN there will a whinefest. Imo the whole concept is just wrong, no matter if you get attacked or you attack someone as it is now, you just lose on something.
    THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by NuCents View Post
      IMO the game is too "nice". There's no rivalries or hate really between people. Feel free to attack my dimension. I'll make sure to make your life a living hell as much as I can, it adds to the "fun PvP" part of the game.
      Good to know theres at least one non-carebear out there.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
        But if i can chose who to attack, THEN there will a whinefest. Imo the whole concept is just wrong, no matter if you get attacked or you attack someone as it is now, you just lose on something.
        Not attack a PERSON. Make it so that when you open, you choose whether you want to attack SOMEONE (randomly chosen) or open a NEW dimension.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
          Not attack a PERSON. Make it so that when you open, you choose whether you want to attack SOMEONE (randomly chosen) or open a NEW dimension.
          you mean exactly as it is now? Open a map, chose to attack if someone already there or leave and open a new map.
          THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

No. Right from the start, so you don't lose the limited coords you get.

Comment

The concept is dead at its root. I don't want to attack a random player - the majority of the players from the servers are either friends, or at least people whom I don't want to harm.

Also, the loss is just too great, and weaker players can't defend.

The only workable version would be like plunders: allow to choose target (but don't allow the same player for a while), and his loss should be only minimal.
              My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                It's random chance when you open a dimension coordinate. I opened one on another toon and ended up inside someone else's already finished dimension, which to me was pointless since lose out on the stuff inside so just threw it away, but yeah... if you really want to target someone just keep on opening dimensions of a same element and difficulty as the other person lol

my 2 cents = the PvP is fine, sure, but give people the actual choice of the matter of who they want to attack/if they want to attack, the RNG garbage is bad enough as is in the game, adding more to something like dimensions is just stupid
                lol@RNG, hadn't seen that acronym in a while, thanks for sharing.

While I agree this has bad side effects, there are benefits too. I opened a basic fire and was in a cleared dimension, the person had taken basically everything, (boxes, guardians and all). I took all the towers using NO energy. I had not done this before so there was experimenting going on. Once I took the final castle, the dimension became mine and I felt really bad. But I spent no energy and had a basic fire dimension and rewards for about 6 days. I needed the fire to get a small boost for sky trail boss. I don't want to take other people's dimensions but I can't waste resources like coordinates. So I do agree it would be good if people were given the choice of attacking or making a new one. Maybe that can be implemented.
                Kalydia - Level 80 - 1.98k br Archer - Kabam 57 WEST
                Guild: Paradox
                Eudaemon: Eddie - Lvl 8 Oracle Mage - 1.3k br
                Syphs: 80 Herc - Flashpoint- 127k br
                80 Triton - Undertow 93k br
                80 Venus - Precision 113k br
                80 Gaia - Judgenjury
                80 Medusa - Backdraft

Comment

Better would be to change it to some kind of cooperation. Whoever could complete final level, but all players in that dimension would get chests for completing it. They could fight for towers or resources, but chests for completing it would be for all and it would not be possible to steal whole dimension from someone else. Any player would be able to abandon that dimension and open new, but it would not be deleted but shared by rest of players within.

So it could be good for some low BR player to open high level dimension and get some strong visitor who would complete it for him and bring him many daily chests that way .

Comment

Originally posted by Yamaneko123 View Post
                    Better would be to change it to some kind of cooperation. Whoever could complete final level, but all players in that dimension would get chests for completing it. They could fight for towers or resources, but chests for completing it would be for all and it would not be possible to steal whole dimension from someone else. Any player would be able to abandon that dimension and open new, but it would not be deleted but shared by rest of players within.

So it could be good for some low BR player to open high level dimension and get some strong visitor who would complete it for him and bring him many daily chests that way .
                    Ohyeah i love love love that idea.
                    that way you can atleast finish a expert dimension a bit faster.
                    and you can share all the rewards. .

Comment

If it was cooperative it wouldn't be a "war" anymore.

It'd be nice if they gave multiple options. You pop a dimension and you get the following choices:
                      • "Dimension War" - PvP Style, Dimensions last 25% Longer once cleared / controlled. Rewards are Doubled. Failure to own the Dimension when cleared returns a same level dimension chest (50%) or lower level dimension chest (50%).
                      • "Dimension Explorer" - PvE Style, Dimensions have standard timer. Rewards are standard.
                      • "Dimension CoOp" - Multi (4) PvE, Dimensions last 50% Less once cleared, Essences stack for extending duration. Rewards are standard. All players in the CoOp get Dimension Holding Chests & Level Rewards.

This concept lets people play the dimension game they want to without forcing stuff down people's throats, and most importantly, allowing the free and light cashing players to not get run over by the heavy cashers.

Hell, if you wanted to make something uber-friendly style, let the initiator of a CoOp dimension be able to invite people in - provided the have the same dimension to open and join.

Comment

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but did not see anywhere. But what is the advantage of building a dimension base? If you try to build one, it asks you if you want to spend 150 balens or it uses a dimension base if you have one. How do you get a dimension base for that? Is this something that you want to do or will this allow a greater chance for people to enter your dimension?

Comment

No. It just means they have 1 more building to kill before kicking you out of the game. If you have Pipster on your rear, that base is nothing but a speed bump. Congrats on 150 balens "well" spent.

Comment

So...you all still don't get the point of the word "WAR" in Dimensional War...huh...

Comment

Originally posted by NuCents View Post
                              So...you all still don't get the point of the word "WAR" in Dimensional War...huh...
                              Not at all, just it seems perhaps you're a bit unclear on the long term impact.
                              If the highest powered and spending player on your server (in my case it's currently ElKabong) decides to spend the cost in time and balens to wipe out everyone else's dimension there is no way to stop him and it will significantly affect other portions of the game for all concerned.
                              Say goodbye to the boosts to resistance and will crystals, which lowers your effectiveness in SkyTrail, the new mpd for class advanced characters, God Descent, Battle Ground/ Sacred Fire Temple and so on. Now imagine this happening to the whole server. It's unlikely, but possible, which is what some are arguing.
                              IGN: TreeTopper
                              Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
                              Guild: ESKReborn
                              Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
                              Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

Comment

Maybe R2 should change the word "WAR" to "PvP", if are you happy with the new dimencion war is ok, but if the another players aren't happy with the new upgrade left them complain, because you aren't R2 dp to complain them.
                                I did talk to my guild, if they don't want the new dimencions upgrade, very simple don't open any dimencions.
                                “Ignorance is the last refuge of the incompetent.”

Comment

Working...
                                X