Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Cancel dimension pvp immediately

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancel dimension pvp immediately

In a brief check around the forums, exactly no one loves this idea, nearly everyone hates it. From talking to people on my server, a couple people thought it might be interesting, the vast majority agreed how completely terrible it is.

Opinions have swung extremely more negative since we found out that you no longer can be assured of having a new dimension when you use a coordinate.

If you really think that having pvp in dimensions is a good idea, first, you're wrong, and second, how about this:
    When opening a dimension, you have 2 choices - either open as normal, you can't attack or be attacked, or open it with the pvp option, but the map quality is one level higher than the coordinate used for it. The replacement coordinate might need to be eliminated in that case, or you only get 1/2 the shards needed for it, or something.

I can clear around 30% of a basic dimension in one day, so anyone who gets dumped into an opened basic map is already being screwed out of a big chunk of the rewards. Intermediates are not that much better, and taking over an advanced or especially an expert map is going to cause rage quits like nothing before. Those coordinates are already too rare to reliably keep them going given the new burn rate.

This game has already lost a lot of players, please stop the bleeding before it's too late. And in the future, actually think through new features all the way. Players generally enjoy pvp, they do not like brutalizing weaker players, for the most part. The ones that do like that drive other players out of the game, so you should not be encouraging that kind of behavior. Or in this case, requiring it.

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
    In a brief check around the forums, exactly no one loves this idea, nearly everyone hates it. From talking to people on my server, a couple people thought it might be interesting, the vast majority agreed how completely terrible it is.

Opinions have swung extremely more negative since we found out that you no longer can be assured of having a new dimension when you use a coordinate.

If you really think that having pvp in dimensions is a good idea, first, you're wrong, and second, how about this:
    When opening a dimension, you have 2 choices - either open as normal, you can't attack or be attacked, or open it with the pvp option, but the map quality is one level higher than the coordinate used for it. The replacement coordinate might need to be eliminated in that case, or you only get 1/2 the shards needed for it, or something.

I can clear around 30% of a basic dimension in one day, so anyone who gets dumped into an opened basic map is already being screwed out of a big chunk of the rewards. Intermediates are not that much better, and taking over an advanced or especially an expert map is going to cause rage quits like nothing before. Those coordinates are already too rare to reliably keep them going given the new burn rate.

This game has already lost a lot of players, please stop the bleeding before it's too late. And in the future, actually think through new features all the way. Players generally enjoy pvp, they do not like brutalizing weaker players, for the most part. The ones that do like that drive other players out of the game, so you should not be encouraging that kind of behavior. Or in this case, requiring it.
    Agree this is unnecessary and making people outrageous.

Comment

I agree with this. This has happened to me, opened a new dimension and already had 3 floors cleared.

Do you think that people would attack other dimensions if they had a choice?

Comment

MrFancy has said all that needs to be said.

Either remove the PvP Option or make it a choice that can yield a little something extra for the risk.

Comment

I agree with everything said above. PvP dimension should be an option, not the norm.

Comment

Yeah a +1 to the OP. I still don't even know how to attack someone else's dimension, nevermind defending one. However most on my server have no use for this, and nobody wants to throw away the time, effort and coordinates for a poorly implemented idea.
            Name: Phoenixia
            Server: R2 S-319
            Class: Mage
            BR: 911k
            Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
            Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Originally posted by rangelaeyes View Post
              Yeah a +1 to the OP. I still don't even know how to attack someone else's dimension, nevermind defending one. However most on my server have no use for this, and nobody wants to throw away the time, effort and coordinates for a poorly implemented idea.
              open a new dim and you can found yourself attacking some other player dimension ...
              meaning, you don't have a choice (except canceling that dim and opening a new one)
              probably one of the worst idea Wartune ever had
              RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
              Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

This dimension PvP is the worst thing ever. It's a forced PvP, whereas both participant didnt have a choice for it. It would be very suck when we finally get an expert coordinate to find yourself in another player's dimension, and would be worse if that guy is stronger. Means we just wasted an expert coordinate for nothing.

Also what makes it lamer that if your dimension stolen while youre offline, you cant even know who did it. The battle report didnt say the name of the attacker.
                Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Guess I've been lucky cause I have yet to experience this

Comment

i don't understand why they just don't make the option somewhere to go "hunt" for another dimension if yo uwant one.
                    And then you random find another players. .

if they really wanna keep this option.

Comment

Yes it should be a choice.

But if its not, the guild on my server agreed to not attack each others dim, so when opening in somebody else his/her dim, we let them have it. That means we cancel our own dim. When we would have attacked and taken over, the person gets a lower dim back, maybe add the option if your not gonne att, and delete the dim, that person also get a lower dim back?
                      ING: Eukkie changed name to â€*Evilâ€*Witchâ€*, changed it back to Eukkie
                      Server: S444 Silent Arena
                      Char: Knight
                      Lvl: 80
                      Br: 6m and crowing.
                      Main Sylph: Arise
                      Guard: Oracle

Comment

I am on a new server so I had to wait for the dimension coordinate chest to start my dimension journey , only to find it raided and only ended up with 6 basic coordinate shards from 1 dimension , at least add feature to add pvp or disable it

Comment

this **** needs to be removed and as there any words from developers ?

Comment

If I open a basic dimension then it is no problem leaving and opening a new one. The problem is I opened an advanced dimension and landed in one already started.
                            I either had to threw away an adv dim (I had no more) or attack the person who had already started.
                            Luckily for me (unlucky for him) I was alot stronger so managed to chuck him out.

Basically what it means is only the top players on server (big cashers) will bother to open the expert/adv dim because other people wont want to lose them.
                            In other words the big cashers will have more Res than others so they have even less chance of losing
                            Just another way for R2 to nerf Dims in favor of big cashers

Comment

I just opened my first intermediate since patch, and it was someone else's. I did not attack him as I don't want to start a war so I let him kick me out and I got a basic chest and a chance at an intermediate chest for getting kicked out.

I will not open an advanced dimension until this is changed. Have a feeling this will not be changed any time soon unless us players take a stand. R2 said this was the decision of the developers and they can't do anything about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X