Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Why not move us ALL to level 80 straight away?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why not move us ALL to level 80 straight away?

    With the **amazing** World Prosperity at 1000% (heavy sarcasm), I'm sorta wondering why R2 didn't just automatically level us up to level 70-80 straight away?

    One my server, a player moved 50+ levels in 3 days solely because of the EXP boost. Now that person can't do anything, but is cannon fodder for arena, BG, etc.

    There is *zero* chance a player will get level 40/50/60 legendary sets completed without camping for months (years???)...so again, I have to ask, why not just put us ALL to the level that R2 wants us at and make it fairer?

  • #2
    This would be the logical thing to do, however R2 have no logic.

    Comment


    • #3
      I bet new servers will die extremly fast.

      Forced to 80.

      No events anymore, and no real income of the items needed for the classic events.

      Need 3-4 years of hording to compete with what someone who started a year ago has today.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Nangijala View Post
        I bet new servers will die extremly fast.

        Forced to 80.

        No events anymore, and no real income of the items needed for the classic events.

        Need 3-4 years of hording to compete with what someone who started a year ago has today.
        They'll balance it out by extending the new player packs to eventually include the L60 Set for free and dozens of Empire Crusades as well as many other goodies. They'll keep rotating the advanced sylph exchange which allows new players to bypass the 1st Evolution for sylphs - and soon enough it will be epic sylph exchange that will bypass the 2nd evolve. They'll throw in loads of medallions to allow new players to get to those L80 Honor Levels real fast, and with the LD medal at least, they can be non-advanced competitive.

        That way new players will just get ridiculous xp (400m xp / day isn't out of the question in the right circumstance) and fill out their basic talents in about 30 days or so. They'll farm their L70 and L80 sets like we did, but at a much faster rate what with the supplementing of materials from shops, dimensions and purgatory.

        It's the way these games scale in time. New players are only ever 6 months behind the original players. There was a time those like myself, who started in April 2013, felt we'd never catch up to the players who started in Sept 2012. They had 6 months on us. We would get wrecked by them in PvP like Arena and Battle Grounds. They all had L6 & L7 Gems and we were just making our L5 Gems! Then things leveled out for us around Oct 2013 when the 2nd HoF event came around - especially with that 1st Magic Pot event that gave out hundreds of epic shards to make Leg Stones. We players on the then "new" servers that didn't camp were getting out max HS before original players. We all got our L70 sets around the same time, and everything else going forward.

        It's the same thing today. The more content they add that effectively "starts" the gaming experience after L80 / Advanced Classes - the more they'll speed up the progress to get there, as well as give new players loads of items to prevent the months of farming required to get them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Zorich View Post
          They'll balance it out by extending the new player packs to eventually include the L60 Set for free and dozens of Empire Crusades as well as many other goodies. They'll keep rotating the advanced sylph exchange which allows new players to bypass the 1st Evolution for sylphs - and soon enough it will be epic sylph exchange that will bypass the 2nd evolve. They'll throw in loads of medallions to allow new players to get to those L80 Honor Levels real fast, and with the LD medal at least, they can be non-advanced competitive.

          That way new players will just get ridiculous xp (400m xp / day isn't out of the question in the right circumstance) and fill out their basic talents in about 30 days or so. They'll farm their L70 and L80 sets like we did, but at a much faster rate what with the supplementing of materials from shops, dimensions and purgatory.

          It's the way these games scale in time. New players are only ever 6 months behind the original players. There was a time those like myself, who started in April 2013, felt we'd never catch up to the players who started in Sept 2012. They had 6 months on us. We would get wrecked by them in PvP like Arena and Battle Grounds. They all had L6 & L7 Gems and we were just making our L5 Gems! Then things leveled out for us around Oct 2013 when the 2nd HoF event came around - especially with that 1st Magic Pot event that gave out hundreds of epic shards to make Leg Stones. We players on the then "new" servers that didn't camp were getting out max HS before original players. We all got our L70 sets around the same time, and everything else going forward.

          It's the same thing today. The more content they add that effectively "starts" the gaming experience after L80 / Advanced Classes - the more they'll speed up the progress to get there, as well as give new players loads of items to prevent the months of farming required to get them.
          the problem is they're doing the exact opposite of what you're saying right now. what help new player is not the set but the sc, whip and gems and those were lot easier to get before with the previous event system than now. Even giving them set and sylph for free won't help that much if they don't get any sc or gems and get lvl 70 with 50k br (sylph br included). how are they supposed to get sc? do atoll boss with 50k br? they can't even clear cata for gems, astral and enchant? can't get much gold from wb, struggle in BI. game didn't adjust for new players it's getting worst, their only way is to cash a ton or to have someone with lot of spare time to carry them (Hodor). Unfortunately with new stuff, lvl 80 hardly find time to get their own stuff done. oh and they hit lvl 80 they can't even beat the dragon to activate class adv (yep i know a dude stuck there for a while now).

          Comment


          • #6
            Thing to do would be get 70 set pronto since this R2 mentality won't go very far

            I agree with Zorich on it

            So GB would have to give about 4k honor and insignia to facilitate it
            500mw+5k contribution

            This is just the beginning
            Mad love for my crew

            The golden rule in wartune
            Maximizeâ„¢
            Guess whose back with trouble?
            ©S174

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Beesenitch View Post
              With the **amazing** World Prosperity at 1000% (heavy sarcasm), I'm sorta wondering why R2 didn't just automatically level us up to level 70-80 straight away?

              One my server, a player moved 50+ levels in 3 days solely because of the EXP boost. Now that person can't do anything, but is cannon fodder for arena, BG, etc.

              There is *zero* chance a player will get level 40/50/60 legendary sets completed without camping for months (years???)...so again, I have to ask, why not just put us ALL to the level that R2 wants us at and make it fairer?

              I was wondering why the CUPCAKE I gained like 3 levels in one run through Tormented Necrapolis. Started a blitz, came back 5 minutes later and I was like, ***???? At least I got what I needed from it though and could unlock the lvl 65 resistance shield. If I had to go through it again, I would probably be lvl 75+
              Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 04-18-2015, 04:13 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TolapPumj View Post

                I was wondering why the CUPCAKE I gained like 3 levels in one run through Tormented Necrapolis. Started a blitz, came back 5 minutes later and I was like, ***???? At least I got what I needed from it though and could unlock the lvl 65 resistance shield. If I had to go through it again, I would probably be lvl 75+
                Same here
                Did spire to L18-66 million exp
                Did MED-not so sure but a lot
                Did TN-2-5 million exp per level
                Took Blessed Warrior 3-total-66million exp (up to 70 one)
                That's like from L63-72(90%full)
                Now am just pondering
                Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 04-18-2015, 04:14 AM.
                Mad love for my crew

                The golden rule in wartune
                Maximizeâ„¢
                Guess whose back with trouble?
                ©S174

                Comment


                • #9
                  My only gripe with the fast leveling is that they give you more and more xp without increasing the rewards for those same runs. They might deem to balance it out later by giving out the armor sets for "free" in a newbie chest, but even so, there is a lot of Br that comes from other sources and is only gained by time and/or money. The situation I see is new players get power leveled and have completely pathetic BR for their level.

                  In the long run, fast leveling may be more beneficial because it gives you access to more rewards faster, but it sucks in the short run. Much of the game focus is on PvP and being a level 80 advanced class with low BR is very rough. Fodder for everyone and very hard to find those weaker because so many are farming you. The honor loss also hurts bad (if not high level VIP). What I see is the lack of fast BR gain to go with the fast xp gain is giving new players a bum rush into a brick wall.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    this game dies if new players dont catch up
                    Level 49 Archer
                    BR 150k

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
                      this game dies if new players dont catch up
                      You can't catch up, one can only cash up.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I swear to R2 all I do is to cash out!
                        Mad love for my crew

                        The golden rule in wartune
                        Maximizeâ„¢
                        Guess whose back with trouble?
                        ©S174

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          On the positive side, due to the prosperity you get talent levels for basically free.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            good idea lol
                            Level 49 Archer
                            BR 150k

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Camping level 60 for 4 1/2 months now,got almost to 85k br
                              and can break 90k easy with potions/academy/scrolls.an hour
                              to hour 1/2 a day to pop in for a quick grab,then back to
                              lotro to play a real game.i'll start playing when i break the
                              100k mark and can do something other than die.

                              (that's 100k with no added buffs from anything)

                              thought the 1000% world prosperity was sarcasm,I let the guild
                              know i will be doing nothing that has xp attached to it.
                              i will not be forced to level up a sissy character as fodder for
                              cashers,i will build my character as i want.
                              Last edited by Arandeath; 04-18-2015, 09:53 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X