Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not move us ALL to level 80 straight away?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arandeath View Post
    Camping level 60 for 4 1/2 months now,got almost to 85k br
    and can break 90k easy with potions/academy/scrolls.an hour
    to hour 1/2 a day to pop in for a quick grab,then back to
    lotro to play a real game.i'll start playing when i break the
    100k mark and can do something other than die.

(that's 100k with no added buffs from anything)
    All the best
    Mad love for my crew

The golden rule in wartune
    Maximizeâ„¢
    Guess whose back with trouble?
    ©S174

Comment

Originally posted by Arandeath View Post
      i will not be forced to level up a sissy character as fodder for
      cashers,i will build my character as i want.
      you already are a fodder for cashers and anyone with higher br than you. Everyday some1 passes your BR, you become fodder to them as well.
      Level 49 Archer
      BR 150k

Comment

Even if you get talents faster, if you cannot increase your BR it is still the same thing, you'll get to the 70s where most people have at least 250-300k BR and will be eaten alive cause you couldn't build your toon since you get millions of EXP for a single run.

I would give them a +1 for talents, but a -1 million for screwing up the possibility to actually build a strong toon.

Comment

Originally posted by R24773971 View Post
          Even if you get talents faster, if you cannot increase your BR it is still the same thing, you'll get to the 70s where most people have at least 250-300k BR and will be eaten alive cause you couldn't build your toon since you get millions of EXP for a single run.

I would give them a +1 for talents, but a -1 million for screwing up the possibility to actually build a strong toon.
          Well it isn't the EXP's fault people can't build good toons, that comes down to the fact that they minimized the SC/WHIP/GEM income by a lot (I guess gem income is slightly higher now with the free blitzes, but still nowhere near the olden days) the lack of all those resources really slows down the process of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
            Well it isn't the EXP's fault people can't build good toons, that comes down to the fact that they minimized the SC/WHIP/GEM income by a lot (I guess gem income is slightly higher now with the free blitzes, but still nowhere near the olden days) the lack of all those resources really slows down the process of things.
            True, i seen that as well, but even if someone would try to build a good toon, and would know how to, if you are to go up 3 lvl just by doing catacombs / necro that is a bit wrong.

Comment

should be able just to switch on/of that buff so everyone can play as he likes it, but guess thats too advanced to do
              THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
                should be able just to switch on/of that buff so everyone can play as he likes it, but guess thats too advanced to do
                That would mean that campers would get to continue camping and i don't think you'd want someone with lvl60 and 400k BR to meet with you in arena

Comment

That would mean that campers would get to continue camping and i don't think you'd want someone with lvl60 and 400k BR to meet with you in arena
                  I camp at 80, id love to meet those anywhere. But if anyone wants to go to 80 for 1 week or stay low level for eternity, why not? This has nothing to do with my opinion whats right to do.
                  THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Well with all this exp flyng around they'll just end up meeting a 600k+ at lvl80. Not much functional difference, other than the low opinion ppl have of sub-80 campers vs cashers. Speaking of which, since I'm betting a long-term camper has all the gems/armor they need, they probably don't do much that involves exp, so I wonder if this'll even affect them. Maybe with everyone turbo boosting through the levels with 500%+ bonus, it'll deprive them of fodder?
                    Crushing mice is good for the soul...

Comment

exactly, it will just be campers vs campers
                      Level 49 Archer
                      BR 150k

Comment

Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
                        exactly, it will just be campers vs campers
                        Which, ironically, sounds like more fun to me than what pvp is now, though whether they're trying to efficientlty title farm or just pwn n00bs, I doubt they'd think so

Comment

I think camping for honor makes sense since you'll never compete against heavy cashers at high levels.

But camping for titles? Ehh.....

Either way, having camped 59 and 64, BG in general just sucks the way it's designed. It's boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Syneirex View Post
                            I think camping for honor makes sense since you'll never compete against heavy cashers at high levels.

But camping for titles? Ehh.....

Either way, having camped 59 and 64, BG in general just sucks the way it's designed. It's boring.
                            In addition to Grim Reaper (10k kills, zzzzzz), since each new honor level comes with its own title, it was just easier to call it all title farming.

And if you think BG is boring, wait til you see SFT.

Comment

Speaking of title farming... In other news, major influx of new 70+ has caused wilds mobs and bosses to go extinct. True Story.
                              [morfinnor]
                              Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Working...
                              X