This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account Sharing

so what is the exact "punishment" for violationg this part of ToS ? I have seen it mentioned thousand times and never seen what happens when they find someone who does that

like every other online game account sharing will generally get your account banned.
    will people do it yes, will they get banned probably not, but if you do get banned you have no excuse
    a few people had access to my account but i didnt get in trouble, but it can happen
    the bigger risk is you pissing off to whom you gave your password
    IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
    Class: Archer
    Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
    Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
      like every other online game account sharing will generally get your account banned.
      will people do it yes, will they get banned probably not, but if you do get banned you have no excuse
      a few people had access to my account but i didnt get in trouble, but it can happen
      the bigger risk is you pissing off to whom you gave your password
      yeah but I read somewhere that you don't get banned but they just will not help if you have issues with games

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix610 View Post
        yeah but I read somewhere that you don't get banned but they just will not help if you have issues with games
        if you shared your password and you got "hacked"
        they wont help you

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix610 View Post
          I've reported (both as a mod and a normal player) several people for account sharing who then got banned.
          "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
          and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
            I've reported (both as a mod and a normal player) several people for account sharing who then got banned.
            and 10 times more who didnt
            THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
              and 10 times more who didnt
              Irrelevant. OP thought players didn't get banned. I simply said they do.
              "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
              and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

getting banned is better than having to force yourself to quit

Comment

Yeah as far as I know, r2 does not take that rule that seriously, and most likly only a rule to avoid "My friend got mad, and stole the account, sold my stuff", and can simply reply "You violated the tos, Cupcake Bake-off"
                  Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 04-18-2015, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Irrelevant how? When you see a heavy caching account openly admit here that it was transfered to another person and after a month or so after it was reported (by mods and players) still nothing happened, no ban, nothing.
                    THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

A large number of people on my server on my server account share. Mostly it's more about obligations outside of game that forces people to have to resort to measures like this. Most of us have jobs and other things that we need to do, so we can't play the game for the 12+ hours a day that R2 expects us to.
                      Name: Phoenixia
                      Server: R2 S-319
                      Class: Mage
                      BR: 911k
                      Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                      Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

It's irrelevant because the questions the OP has are quite clear. First, what's the exact punishment- exact punishment is everything from a warning to a ban. Of course, that's going off the assumption that someone who is sharing is being punished.

Second, he read somewhere that you don't get banned, you just don't get support. Not getting support is true. If you share, and sharing will be obvious on your logs, and you have a problem, it will be assumed that your problem is because you shared, and so you are not entitled to support. However, there are times and circumstances where you can be banned for sharing. That's what you will hear us say all the time, because you do need to be aware of what might happen should you share. Anything beyond that is entirely up to R2, as it is in their right to choose to ban or choose to not ban.

And, since this is not a topic that is up for forum debate, this thread shall be closed, as the questions the OP asked have been answered.
                        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Working...
                        X