ToK is completely broken.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gruntar View Post
    Wonder if them dropping % astrals before rank/title change(03-03:20 or so server time) then putting it on after would help? Not high enough anymore to be on any of the toks or i'd bother testing ^^
    I think that works (and it's what we have been doing on kong for a while--I recognize you from there--one of the reasons I am unhappy that the cs rankings are cross-platform now, we were pretty good on getting the top4 to take off % astrals+med). Bago and Name have been stripping off % astrals and I'd imagine it helps a lot. Mages can be a huge pita unless you take them down relatively quick.

I think you have to leave the astrals off until reset tho (5am), but I'm not sure. Unless you're a night owl (or on a diff timezone server), taking them off before you go to bed and then putting them on when you get up the next day should take care of the problem completely. And if anyone wants to take advantage of the "weakened" OPs, you basically beat the stuffing out of them everywhere else you see them and tell your guildmates to refuse to run anything with them until they stop--messing up something that helps everyone is an easy way to become a server pariah.
    Last edited by FufuBunnySlayer; 04-20-2015, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
      I think that works (and it's what we have been doing on kong for a while--I recognize you from there--one of the reasons I am unhappy that the cs rankings are cross-platform now, we were pretty good on getting the top4 to take off % astrals+med). Bago and Name have been stripping off % astrals and I'd imagine it helps a lot. Mages can be a huge pita unless you take them down relatively quick.

I think you have to leave the astrals off until reset tho (5am), but I'm not sure. Unless you're a night owl (or on a diff timezone server), taking them off before you go to bed and then putting them on when you get up the next day should take care of the problem completely. And if anyone wants to take advantage of the "weakened" OPs, you basically beat the stuffing out of them everywhere else you see them and tell your guildmates to refuse to run anything with them until they stop--messing up something that helps everyone is an easy way to become a server pariah.
      yea bag came on over to our server and talked with ivegotaname and jabbery both are removing orange astros and adding lvl1 will destroyer on each night isnt the same as striping but makes a huge difference kinda enjoy hitting bag for 350k with sylph delphic in tok compaired to the insanly ssmall numbers id see with the astras on

Comment

Issue is that TOK opens at lvl38, and it's too easy to level up nowadays. Most people don't reach lvl80 or finish 70 or 80 set within months. Most can't have 300-400k (with kids) or 200-300k (without kids) instantly, which is pretty much what it takes to clear TOK Easy as of date. Right now the little guys are either left with no help or the big guys have to sacrifice their own runs to carry the powerless bunch, which will also drag their own development over time. The little guys are left behind, with no one willing to help them, or they have to become the burden of the bigger guys over an extended period of time, which is harmful to both the helper and the helped.

The bigger guys are frustrated as well; the ever-increasing difficulty level of higher dungeons and PvP competition force them to care about their own development; we can't have them help the little guys all the time. I don't talk about the ones who aren't willing to make small self-sacrifice to help others. But the ones who are willing to help still HAVE TO stay competitive to stay afloat and to help the little guys. We can't ask the nice big guys to lose their higher rewards every day just to help the little guys through. I personally had been away from team & doing TOK Normal with lower players since the patch date, but that's not going to be sustainable. I can't lose my regular team for falling too far behind them and skipping runs too often. They need me to stay with them and tackle challenges together. But the tears of the helpless pains me just equally. I feel so unhappy when I'm forced to choose between self and others. I'd rather the ones who fell behind could do things on their own and don't need to send me 10000 PMs for help each day.

So now is the time when everyone is frustrated and no one feels happy. It's a game. We are here for fun. If there's no fun any more, what should we do?

Comment

Originally posted by bcdaedalus View Post
          yea bag came on over to our server and talked with ivegotaname and jabbery both are removing orange astros and adding lvl1 will destroyer on each night isnt the same as striping but makes a huge difference kinda enjoy hitting bag for 350k with sylph delphic in tok compaired to the insanly ssmall numbers id see with the astras on
          If so big thankyou to ivegotaname, jab and bag =) I see they have will destroyer on right now,,,,should have checked before we did hard =(

Comment

I dont expect them to fix this any time soon coz it dosnt benifit the players.
            But they might give you an option of doing easy one week, normal the next, then hard and then nm for a week and think its ok :-)

Comment

Ahhh, bago said he went to talk to the top8, but hadn't seen anyone else but Name doing it (tho I think Ticas bumped Jab out of top4 past couple days and I only check rankings for nm). Regardless, it's a big help and big props to Bago, Name, and Jab.

Comment

the only real part of ToK that is broken is not being able to accurately see if they are dressed or not. we check and the stats say one thing, but then the actual fight has them dressed and sylphed up. Been screwed a few times already.
                If you can't win, cash harder

Comment

They should change it back to those computerized Shadows.

Comment

Originally posted by R225424182 View Post
                    the only real part of ToK that is broken is not being able to accurately see if they are dressed or not. we check and the stats say one thing, but then the actual fight has them dressed and sylphed up. Been screwed a few times already.
                    they cant strip anymore so it dosnt matter about that they will always be dressed now

Comment

they cant strip anymore so it dosnt matter about that they will always be dressed now
                      when you say "dressed", does it include sylph & clothing, or just gears?

Comment

Originally posted by Nangijala View Post
                        If so big thankyou to ivegotaname, jab and bag =) I see they have will destroyer on right now,,,,should have checked before we did hard =(
                        yeah you shoulda did nm

Comment

TOK is based on the top 12 players in the GAME. You know, the several years old guys. They go up in strength, so do TOK opponents. Pity the poor buggers who are just starting out.

I don't know the percentages, but the rumour is that the last fight in the hardest difficulty is more than 100% of the strength of the top players. It that is true, that means that even a team of the top 4 players in the GAME cannot beat TOK at the hardest difficulty.

At this moment in time, TOK Normal is still quite beatable, but you need a team of about 400k-500k BR to do it. This includes Eudaemons.

In the future, it won't be because said top players will grow, and being the hard cashers that they are, they will grow faster than most people will.

That is how TOK has always worked. It is one of the mechanisms that R2 has put in to "encourage" you to spend money to grow your BR to keep pace with the top spenders in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                            TOK is based on the top 12 players in the GAME. You know, the several years old guys. They go up in strength, so do TOK opponents. Pity the poor buggers who are just starting out.

I don't know the percentages, but the rumour is that the last fight in the hardest difficulty is more than 100% of the strength of the top players. It that is true, that means that even a team of the top 4 players in the GAME cannot beat TOK at the hardest difficulty.

At this moment in time, TOK Normal is still quite beatable, but you need a team of about 400k-500k BR to do it. This includes Eudaemons.

In the future, it won't be because said top players will grow, and being the hard cashers that they are, they will grow faster than most people will.

That is how TOK has always worked. It is one of the mechanisms that R2 has put in to "encourage" you to spend money to grow your BR to keep pace with the top spenders in the game.
                            dont need to be really strong to beat tok nm yes im married in game to ivegotaname who i run everything with but im only 490k br if i take kid off i normaly savive all 5 levels of tok without dieing i normally hit them fairly hard all the way through occasionally things go pear shapped and 3 of us die leaving ivegotaname to solo it with 3 people left alive i normally go make food at this point as i no he can beat them but could take 20mins depending on mage heals

Comment

dont need to be really strong to beat tok nm yes im married in game to ivegotaname who i run everything with but im only 490k br if i take kid off i normaly savive all 5 levels of tok without dieing i normally hit them fairly hard all the way through occasionally things go pear shapped and 3 of us die leaving ivegotaname to solo it with 3 people left alive i normally go make food at this point as i no he can beat them but could take 20mins depending on mage heals
                              Not trying to be mean, but you basically defeated your own point--you're getting carried.

Comment

Our team clears tok nm fairly easily as well, best is when they all have electro sylphs on but darks are ok to, just takes longer. I'm the lowest at about 810k with kid on and I survive fine, our average about 900k. Huge thanks to all you guys that take off your % astrals it does make it faster . Also in tok nm its not really about being strong it's about being smart and reacting to what the npcs do. Stun them just before they sylph or after they sylph, while they are sylphed stay in human form use defensives and heal. When there sylph rounds end heal up and go sylph, they take way more damage from your sylphs when they are human form.
                                S211 Tamera
                                992k br
                                I play for the people, competition ended long ago except for the few people on our servers that I ignore because they are douches

Comment

Working...
                                X