Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Do character stats help your sylph?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do character stats help your sylph?

I am a knight so obviously, I focus on PATK instead of MATK. My question is, if I add MATK to my character, will it increase the amount of magic damage that my sylph Gaia does; or do all sylphs only use the stats they come with by not being affected by the stats your character has?

Your sylph stats add to yours when you transform, so logically your sylph attacks will get stronger if your attack is higher.
    IGN: AncientEvil
    Server: EU-271+merged
    Class: Archer
    Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Knight and Archer
      MATK is useless for you, in every aspect of the game. That's all you need to know.

Mage
      PATK is useless for you, in every aspect of the game. That's all you need to know.
      Level 49 Archer
      BR 150k

Comment

No.
        as a knight your Matk wont add more damage to your Herc/Triton/Athena. Sylph only took your highest attack stat, not combined stats of patk and matk.

however, i believe the temporary buffs like potions, scrolls, and milks are working for Sylph mode.
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Your sylph has some stats like ATK

You also have stats

Basically when you awaken, you merge/amalgamate into one being(sylph) hence your stats merge as well regardless matk/patk hence the damage increase regardless of your primary attack
          Mad love for my crew

The golden rule in wartune
          Maximizeâ„¢
          Guess whose back with trouble?
          ©S174

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
            Your sylph stats add to yours when you transform, so logically your sylph attacks will get stronger if your attack is higher.

----------------------------------

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
            No.
            as a knight your Matk wont add more damage to your Herc/Triton/Athena. Sylph only took your highest attack stat, not combined stats of patk and matk.

however, i believe the temporary buffs like potions, scrolls, and milks are working for Sylph mode.

----------------------------------

Which is it?

According to 'ancev', when you transform (awaken) into your sylph, the damage you do is affected by the stats your character has in addition the stats your sylph has (combined).

According to Arlad, a sylph such Hercules that uses magic electro damage, would not have any benefits from increasing your characters MATK; only the sylphs intelligence.

Can someone confirm who is right?

Comment

Edit: I tend to think sweetwaters is correct in her message, but as a knight I already wasted a lot of gameplay on getting my MATK higher for my hercules, and need to be absolutely sure if I am to going in that direction.

Comment

Typographical/Gramatical errors of the previous post*

Edit: I tend to think sweetwaters is correct in her message, but as a knight I already wasted a lot of gameplay on getting my MATK higher with my character for my damage done after awakening into hercules, and need to be absolutely sure if I am to going to keep that style of gameplay.

Comment

SIMple ... if your take a potion and go hit something with your sylph and tell me if you hit harder. the only reason to use cross potions is to increase br for things like br and stuff...... otherwise, it won't make a difference. been there, tried it, doesn't work. Just max out your patk if you're a knight, matk if you're a mage. I only maxed out my power on my mage in the first academy because I had Millions of kyanite sitting around doing nothing. If I had known the new patches would need so much, i wouldn't have wasted any....
                  Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	z.png
Views:	1
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	1711441
                    for dummies who cant read and check themselves in game
                    so doesnt matter u are a knight or a mage or archer, highest attack will take place in sylph mode + atack of sylph

ofc if u are knight u use patk, unless u are somekind of nature freak making all backwards u can use matk

Comment

Get full Matk gems and astral, and see if there's any difference.

like i said previously, i think the int/matk buffs works on sylph mode so it wouldnt be a good indicator.
                      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

ahh... this thread still going on..

once again i would say it:

Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
                        Knight and Archer
                        MATK is useless for you, in every aspect of the game. That's all you need to know.

Mage
                        PATK is useless for you, in every aspect of the game. That's all you need to know.
                        Level 49 Archer
                        BR 150k

Comment

Working...
                        X