X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fherlayt
    started a topic What did the Wartune event designer smoke

What did the Wartune event designer smoke

Bugs, lag is one thing, but it seems the Wartune event designer is either lost his sanity, or he just got replaced with someone who have no skill to do his job. Lately I see some weird things...

1.) eudaemon vessel still dropping as reward everywhere - but no longer hot event exchange for it?

2.) Pvp medals requiring 400, 800 etc empire truncheons, but you can buy it only for cash, and only 200 at most??

3.) Sylph equipment enchant event running, but the only way to get gift of god and blessing of god is buy them for 200 USD? Not even as reward in spender events?

4.) Coin of ancestry exchange but no more coin in chests?

5.) holy vessel containing gold, vulcan stove and mount hoof, how many people need those junk?

6.) events no longer giving free chests just these junk signets?

and the list can go on....

never seen a game where the rewards are constantly reduced, decreased, and the price exponentially increasing...

• Zeak42
    replied
    Originally posted by Cymidei View Post
    A game designer I worked for once said..."the best games don't change too much or too fast". With Wartune we are duped into spending thinking that items are "rare" "good" or "valuable". The truth is, no item in Wartune has any value whatsoever and the designer has a history of making yesterday's rare, today's cheapo deal. You aren't guaranteed that anything rare will stay rare. Or that anything today will be the same tomorrow. Why spend money on any of it? There is no way to really advance permanently in the game, it's a big hamster wheel. Who cares? Nobody in their right mind cares! LOL, Make friends, enjoy the game, play for the community, guild and friendships, those are free and infinitely more valuable than being today's toughest guy on the server.

Tough guys come and go and quit when they realize what staying on top means $$$. Those who play moderately, wisely, and for the right reasons will endure and have the most fun. If you stay long enough you will be strong, attrition kills all guilds and will get rid of 99% of the players who are jerks in time.
    All this is indeed true. However, hen hot events that are supposed to be for everyone start turning into only cash get anything decent from them, then it is easy for people to get disheartend and lose interest. Such is the deal with the current events. Getting only eudaemon signets from the clothing event, which as already nerfed when it started at level 5 instead of 3 or 4, added to that all free events except clothing identificaiton, giving only audemon insignet, then events lose luster fast. Without good events to keep people interested and look forwards to then game fastly becomes boring and a grind.

Leave a comment:

• Imonseph
    replied
    Originally posted by Cymidei View Post
    A game designer I worked for once said..."the best games don't change too much or too fast". With Wartune we are duped into spending thinking that items are "rare" "good" or "valuable". The truth is, no item in Wartune has any value whatsoever and the designer has a history of making yesterday's rare, today's cheapo deal. You aren't guaranteed that anything rare will stay rare. Or that anything today will be the same tomorrow. Why spend money on any of it? There is no way to really advance permanently in the game, it's a big hamster wheel. Who cares? Nobody in their right mind cares! LOL, Make friends, enjoy the game, play for the community, guild and friendships, those are free and infinitely more valuable than being today's toughest guy on the server.

Tough guys come and go and quit when they realize what staying on top means $$$. Those who play moderately, wisely, and for the right reasons will endure and have the most fun. If you stay long enough you will be strong, attrition kills all guilds and will get rid of 99% of the players who are jerks in time.
    You said it bro

Leave a comment:

• Cymidei
    replied

Last edited by Cymidei; 04-26-2015, 11:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ArnaudBo
    replied
    Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
    Divinity souls aren't easy either, since you need 100 shards to get a whole lvl 1.
    Unless your're lucky, that will take 3 weeks?
    true, forgot that one too

Leave a comment:

• pietjeprecies
    replied
    Originally posted by ArnaudBo View Post
    at least two items are still really hard to get, even after so many patch and update
    - hammer
    - divinity shard
    I'm afraid moon rock will be added to it soon ^^;
    Divinity souls aren't easy either, since you need 100 shards to get a whole lvl 1.
    Unless your're lucky, that will take 3 weeks?

Leave a comment:

• sweetwaters
    replied
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
    Vulcan is a Roman god. Kinda like Hephaestus in Greek mythology. There's a good number of things in game based off of mythology, tho a mix of different cultures.
    I guess so, since most words in reality come off Greek/Roman mythology

Leave a comment:

• Wraithraiser
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetwaters View Post
    Anyone ever wonder why they are called Vulcan?
    Vulcan hammer/stove/anvil/pliers
    I know it has something to do with fire
    Vulcan is a Roman god. Kinda like Hephaestus in Greek mythology. There's a good number of things in game based off of mythology, tho a mix of different cultures.

Leave a comment:

• sweetwaters
    replied
    Anyone ever wonder why they are called Vulcan?
    Vulcan hammer/stove/anvil/pliers
    I know it has something to do with fire

Leave a comment:

• Wraithraiser
    replied
    Originally posted by ArnaudBo View Post
    at least two items are still really hard to get, even after so many patch and update
    - hammer
    - divinity shard
    I know china has divi shards in league arena shop, for 20 or so insigs, that might be an option at some point (they had 3k insig mount (frost lion) before we got ours... so same can happen to divi shards at some point), as for hammers who knows. We might not get those until RED lv80 set (since uses new vulcan stove/hammer for the Advance holy forge), then they'll have to give lot of free hammers/stoves so people can have the potential to cash on the new items.

Leave a comment:

• ArnaudBo
    replied
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
    They did put divinity stones and moon dust in purgatory, while the divinity is nice as those items are usually cash/luck only, without moon rocks no matter how much you grind it or how far you get in it it's useless. Do agree they should make things doable with every patch for all types of players... would make the game feel more like.... an actual game and not a job lol
    - hammer
    - divinity shard

Leave a comment:

• Castway136
    replied
    Originally posted by princestewii View Post
    He didnt quit wartune because he was getting beat, he quit because the strategy part of the game left and only cash decides now. I've played LOA on various servers from different sites and I see a couple free players who are in top rankings without spending a cent and it takes a while in adjusting your character with all the skills and what not for it to be strong
    lol he complained all the about being beat go watch his cw videos and calling people cheaters when he didnt understand how people gain slight edges and free thats cool so was wartune and they didnt have a 1k recharge option at the start

Leave a comment:

• sweetwaters
    replied
    Originally posted by ancev View Post
    I've said this in another thread: I don't understand why, with all the new content currently in the game, free players can't get anything. What they do is keep stuff for cashers until a new patch that requires a BR boost comes. Then they are forced to give all players a BR boost, mostly through unlimited events. Why don't they allow free players to grind the stuff cashers can buy?
    You want to give second evolution for 1000$, fine, anyone with the proper finances can get second evolution in 1 day. But at least allow me to grind the materials for 3 months to get it too. And in 3 months you add something else and the cycle repeats. Instead they don't give anything then after 3 months they start throwing materials for everyone else.
    There is always that but it usually comes after a great whining spree

Plus, that stuff gives cashers a temporary boost while they have huge advantages over that time

Soon everyone gets them and catches up and then a nother patch comes out

And the cycle continues

Leave a comment:

• Wraithraiser
    replied
    Originally posted by ancev View Post
    I've said this in another thread: I don't understand why, with all the new content currently in the game, free players can't get anything. What they do is keep stuff for cashers until a new patch that requires a BR boost comes. Then they are forced to give all players a BR boost, mostly through unlimited events. Why don't they allow free players to grind the stuff cashers can buy?
    You want to give second evolution for 1000$, fine, anyone with the proper finances can get second evolution in 1 day. But at least allow me to grind the materials for 3 months to get it too. And in 3 months you add something else and the cycle repeats. Instead they don't give anything then after 3 months they start throwing materials for everyone else.
    They did put divinity stones and moon dust in purgatory, while the divinity is nice as those items are usually cash/luck only, without moon rocks no matter how much you grind it or how far you get in it it's useless. Do agree they should make things doable with every patch for all types of players... would make the game feel more like.... an actual game and not a job lol

Leave a comment:

• ancev
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X