Class War Robbery!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class War Robbery!

By now, most people know you need 3500 pts to make it into finals. Well, for the 13th CW in a row, I received 3375 pts total, only THIS TIME I was infuriated to no end. Why, you may wonder? Because i had a lengthy fight with a fellow mage. After sylph mode wore off, we had both killed eachothers side sylphs and midgets, I had over 95% life and my opponent had less than 20% life, but it timed out, and on my screen i received the "FAILURE" notification.. It was obvious at this point I had won that fight, and now, as a result of that bogus garbage, i once again get denied finals, and the chance that I genuinely deserve to purchase some of the better glory shop items. There is no question about it, I was the winner of that fight, and didn't get credit. This is a very serious flaw with CW, and unfair to no end. The other 12 cw's, i just didn't win enough, straight up, this time I did, but because of that ONE fight, I get denied again? Everything I want to say about that will get filtered, so I'll simply say "Good job r2! We always expect the best from you and once again, you didn't disappoint" (laden with as much sarcasm as I can muster)

I wish I wasn't so enraged or caught off guard to note said mage's name. I hope whoever it was posts here and verifies my claim. I am NOT making it up. Not like the dev's would do anything about it anyways, but I'm ticked off and had to vocalize it.
    Last edited by Pyranthos; 04-29-2015, 03:21 AM.
    Pyranthos
    S372 Spirit Divide
    Mage : 5.4m br and climbing

Well you may have gotten screwed over, but without seeing the whole fight that's a bit hard to say.

Damage to sylph troops counts, so if they were using say a herc and crit one of your sylphs for 1-2mil on top of all other damage they could have easily out damaged you in total even if you were nearly killing them. Also if your HP was higher than theirs that just means your sylphs (which inherit your HP) would be taking more hits and more damage as a result of it.

Sucks anyways, better luck next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
      Well you may have gotten screwed over, but without seeing the whole fight that's a bit hard to say.

Damage to sylph troops counts, so if they were using say a herc and crit one of your sylphs for 1-2mil on top of all other damage they could have easily out damaged you in total even if you were nearly killing them. Also if your HP was higher than theirs that just means your sylphs (which inherit your HP) would be taking more hits and more damage as a result of it.

Sucks anyways, better luck next time.
      nah, cause his best single hit only hit my triton for 374k, my best hit hit his for 548k (not exact numbers, but a close approximation). Granted both delphs were lethal, but mine was clearly the stronger hit. I feel penalized simply because he survived, barely, when the timer expired.

Thank you for your sentiment and good fortune wishes, but I'm not so sure there will be a next time. My friends are basically begging me to stay, but I'd much rather them just join me and play a non r2 ran game. IDK what I'ma do, i just know about 50 things I'd LIKE to do, mostly violence to those ignorant chimps running the show. Am so sick of being ripped off by garbage like this.
      Pyranthos
      S372 Spirit Divide

Comment

Few months ago i had the same, was still a ewd Knight, used triton for healing, heal rune, and put up a good fight, but in total i lost 5 a 6 battle like that, they just did way more damage, and because i healed myself, they could even do more damage.

Now im on block rate and crit, dont heal anymore, now fight is more fun, just a simple win or lose, but no more battle's till the end, and lose over damage.
        ING: Eukkie changed name to â€*Evilâ€*Witchâ€*, changed it back to Eukkie
        Server: S444 Silent Arena
        Char: Knight
        Lvl: 80
        Br: 6m and crowing.
        Main Sylph: Arise
        Guard: Oracle

Comment

Originally posted by Shiva_ View Post
          Few months ago i had the same, was still a ewd Knight, used triton for healing, heal rune, and put up a good fight, but in total i lost 5 a 6 battle like that, they just did way more damage, and because i healed myself, they could even do more damage.

Now im on block rate and crit, dont heal anymore, now fight is more fun, just a simple win or lose, but no more battle's till the end, and lose over damage.
          I can safely say my opponent did not do more damage than I, else I would of been the one with less life remaining. I wasn't even taking enough damage to feel the need to use guardian rune. Ice Shield alone was enough. In a fight with a mage that is out damaging me or my sylphs, I would of had to pull out all the stops to not only survive that long, but end with more life than my opponent. I was watching damage, and my output was on par if not better than his. I've also been told its a br thing. Idk if its bc he had lower br and lived, or bc it called it a tie and gave him the win for having a higher br. All I know is, given 10 more seconds, he would of been on his knees watching the ant races. In no way should I have received a loss for that crucial match.. And I know, no ranting about it will effect the outcome, but its good anger management therapy.
          Pyranthos
          S372 Spirit Divide

Comment

kid dmg not counted maybe
            Level 49 Archer
            BR 150k

Comment

also look at did his sylphs die first. If so he was doing 3 times dmg if ur sylphs were alive. His aoe hits all 3 ive lost cuz of this many times. Hell I killed guy at end of round and still lost to buzzer lol.

Comment

I can say that I've lost fights I was clearly winning; was hitting harder, had more HP, had higher BR, and somehow lost at the buzzer. I've even lost fights where I killed the opponent at the last second, only to have the Failure screen display.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say the damage is calculated before damage reduction is taken into account. Its the only thing that makes sense when the numbers we see all say we're winning and then get trolled at the tie breaker.

Comment

Well...the thing i can think of is, if you had more hp, a lot more, then your sylphs will have a lot more hp than his too, and as a result, when they are killed off, they do give a lot more to his damage count, while you get less for killing his...thus netting a few hundred k damage difference just from that...same with eudaemon

Comment

it even says in the description of help tab(while in prelims waiting to go in fight, cant get a SS now since its over) in CW fights that if timer runs out, the one with higher hp is declared winner. if same % of hp left then its determined by br. if similar br it is then random.

Comment

i think i'am lucky, get 3100 any qualified to final
                      but funny thing hapen in battle, in my side my char and 1 sylph survive
                      in enemy side, only 1 sylph left with less than half hp left
                      when time out, i lost. lol
                      Nubito the Super Noob Mage in The Badlands

Comment

Pyranthos,I'm sorry you're frustrated, but without seeing the battle as it happened, it's a bit hard to say who won for sure.

I found that back in April of 2014, the Class Wars were modified around the way a "timed out" battle is decided.

A quote from that post:

"Within a round, if neither player is defeated within 3 minutes the victory will go to the player who deals the most damage. If damage dealt is the same then the victory goes to the contestant with the higher battle rating."

Did you heal yourself or your team of sylphs and Eudaemon during the battle? If you did, your opponent would have been able to deal more damage to you and your team that would have added to the damage they did prior to your heal.

So in the end, while you had more HP, that doesn't mean more damage wasn't dealt to you. Since everyone heals themselves during the battle, especially when using Tritons and mage class Eudaemons.
                        Last edited by Mentor_MrEUS; 04-29-2015, 09:30 AM. Reason: formatting fix
                        "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

R2Games Rules
                        Browser Game Support

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_MrEUS View Post
                          Pyranthos,I'm sorry you're frustrated, but without seeing the battle as it happened, it's a bit hard to say who won for sure.

I found that back in April of 2014, the Class Wars were modified around the way a "timed out" battle is decided.

ah, finally. i was trying to find that post for months, many people didnt believe when i said its based on highest damage dealt.

A quote from that post:

"Within a round, if neither player is defeated within 3 minutes the victory will go to the player who deals the most damage. If damage dealt is the same then the victory goes to the contestant with the higher battle rating."

Did you heal yourself or your team of sylphs and Eudaemon during the battle? If you did, your opponent would have been able to deal more damage to you and your team that would have added to the damage they did prior to your heal.

So in the end, while you had more HP, that doesn't mean more damage wasn't dealt to you. Since everyone heals themselves during the battle, especially when using Tritons and mage class Eudaemons.
                          ah, finally. i was trying to found that post for a long time. many people didnt believe when i said tiebreaker is based on highest damage dealt.

ps: only 2 posts and you seems more promising than other mentors, please dont fail our expectations.
                          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by minimeeee View Post
                            it even says in the description of help tab(while in prelims waiting to go in fight, cant get a SS now since its over) in CW fights that if timer runs out, the one with higher hp is declared winner. if same % of hp left then its determined by br. if similar br it is then random.
                            I'm sorry but this doesn't work anymore. It used to be the case a while ago but it got changed. It's not based on how much hp you have at the end
                            ~Yafa~

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_MrEUS View Post

A quote from that post:

Well, my side sylphs were Gaia (1 star purp) and Triton (also 1 star purp), both around 40k br, so nothing very impressive. I was using Herc as main, his was gaia. He had Herc and Triton as side sylphs, and they seemed to be on par with mine. (same sylphs line up, just diff ones set as mains). Same situation for the midgets, we both had archers that seemed to be rather even. My spell line up consisted of LB, RoF, Suntoria, Restoration, and IceBolt. I didn't even use Restoration, and both our tritons cast rain dance once. Thats the only heal my triton even has, and he didn't seem to have ice shield, so none of the damage I dealt was blocked. I'm fairly certain I did more damage during the fight.

I'm beyond frustrated. It's hard as nails for a light casher like myself to make finals, and if time permitted, I would of been the only one left alive at the end. THAT is how a winner should be determined. I've busted my butt trying to make it to finals for over a year now, and I genuinely feel that this was my time. I earned it, and didn't get it, all because of some stupid irrelevant factors. Total damage dealt should not matter one iota. What should matter is who is closer to killing the other, period. And that was ME. We were fairly evenly matched, cept it seemed I had better def and crit than he did, hence him being lower on life at the end. I'm soo sick of getting 3375 pts EVERY CW. Twice in a row is coincidence, 13x in a row is a flawed matching system. And when you are clearly the one who would of won given even a mere 10 seconds more, you earned the dam win and deserve it.

I'm livid about missing finals again bc of some stupid, nonsensical technicality. Excess damage to a sylph as it dies has no impact on who lives, so it should have no impact on who wins, period. The winner should be the one in better shape at the buzzer, in this case, me, by about 75% more life.

Edit: I had typed ice armor, i meant ice shield. Get those 2 mixed up all the time.
                              Last edited by Pyranthos; 04-29-2015, 07:00 PM.
                              Pyranthos
                              S372 Spirit Divide

Comment

Working...
                              X