Sacred Knight: a little disappointment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacred Knight: a little disappointment

Today, almost 20 days after new patch, I finally got all 3 Eudaemons of different classes. I feel gratified I got them and didn't get any duplicates. A first look at the Sacred Knight, however, seemed to have led to disappointment.

Like the other 2 Eudy classes, the Sacred Knight has a subset of the regular knight skills, plus the Eudy delphics and general passives. Not to my surprise, the rings & jewelries boost PDEF & Block so it resembles the stats of a knight. But surprisingly, it does not have block heal. Sanctuary Hunter has crit heal capped at 4k per trigger while Sacred Knight does NOT have block heal capped at 3k per trigger? Wow that is...surprisingly not-so-awesome. As for the rest, the delphic is a bit weak for a knight, given that knight delphics are typically above 300% while this one starts at only a little above 200%.

Since I'm a knight I don't expect to use her much, but still...a little disappointed. Any other thoughts?

Battle oracle master race.

Comment

I like my Sacred Knight could do with block heal though .
      WARTUNE KABAM PLAYER S12

In-game Name: ♥Rainbow♥

Guild Name: Legends

Class : Archer

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
        Battle oracle master race.
        i still kinda can't choose between archer & mage but since i'm not using it for real purpose now (basically not doing any runs) so i took the cuter-looking archer.

Comment

Personally I think the game would be better without them, far to much junk to collect already, far to many tasks - only 24 hours in a day ffs.

Comment

lucky you, my 2nd one its my 2nd mage eudaemon))

Comment

eh, knight eudaemon is better than archer imo. it's delphic has a chance to stun, and compared to mage it has better damage (120% at lvl 1)
              the main comparison is between their apollo shield vs incendiary shot. if archer eudaemon has scatter shot, then i might prefer it than other classes
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Now imagine the sacred knights that are built on mage stats - a knight with the physical defense and hit points of a mage! ... the "developers" do not give a damn about anything but selling items.
                Class: Thief (Why play a game if you cannot steal cool things from monsters)
                Special Abilities: Clairvoyance (prevents Stun effect)
                Special Armor: Mirage Vest (Dodges 50% of attacks)
                Special Accessories: Ring of Order (prevents Chaos effect), Thief's Glove (increase steal rate)

Comment

The Sacred Knight's strengths are:
                  • Delphic that Stuns (my Eudaemon has 1540 Influence and stuns pretty much anyone)
                  • Rage-Draining Intercept
                  • AoE Damage Reduction

Eudaemons are not meant to take hits so I wouldn't sweat missing out on a 3k Block-Heal at this point. The Eudaemons don't get to benefit from things like our DR Talent (14% DR we all have), Goddess Blessing Astrals (+35%+ DR) and things like Deter / EWD - which effectively gimps their damage by half or worse. Eudaemon are support troops, and keeping your expectations for them as such should help to keep you happy.

I wouldn't trade my Sacred Knight for PvP purposes. The stun won me at least 2 fights against superior BR players in the CW finals.

However, I really do want a Battle Oracle for PvE. I want to be able to not carry Sunto and have a triggered BL on standby, not to mention free Damnation. So far I have not been lucky as I've pulled nothing but Sacred Knights (3x).

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                    So far I have not been lucky as I've pulled nothing but Sacred Knights (3x).
                    omg...so sorry to hear this

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                      the main comparison is between their apollo shield vs incendiary shot. if archer eudaemon has scatter shot, then i might prefer it than other classes
                      it really stinks that we can't have SS & puri on the eudies, which are the not-so-much-counted (no damage) skills/runes that we don't want to carry on our skill bar. well...maybe they are just too useful to have lol

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                        it really stinks that we can't have SS & puri on the eudies, which are the not-so-much-counted (no damage) skills/runes that we don't want to carry on our skill bar. well...maybe they are just too useful to have lol
                        with the random skills eudaemons use, having scatter and puri is close to useless anyway
                        THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                          Eudaemons are not meant to take hits so I wouldn't sweat missing out on a 3k Block-Heal at this point.
                          Eudies aren't tanks but they need to survive for long enough to be useful. The crit heal ability is what a real archer WANTS but does NOT have (a really amazing skill that I crave for!!!). Plus the extra HP from rings, my hunter eudy lasts way longer than my knight eudy with same level. knight eudy gets extra PDEF from rings but no extra HP from gears, and HP conversion rate is not higher than the hunter, so she ends up with less HP than the hunter, combined with the lack of self-healing ability, she can't help much in PvE & the only outstanding PvP advantage is interception, which doesn't help much at a low level (only -10 rage) & she can't last for long enough to use it a second time. I want her to help in arena & TOK, & hopefully she could do the non-damage things that I don't want to do (I don't shield much), but for now, I guess she simply can't last for long enough to help with that.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
                            with the random skills eudaemons use, having scatter and puri is close to useless anyway
                            it's random luck so if we take out all but SS or puri & the basic skill then it's likely a useful bet. it's like having Haunt on Gaia or Ice Armor on Triton but use the sylph in AFK mode or sylph arena. the debuffs don't always come at the right time, but at least there's a chance to happen.

Comment

Working...
                            X